Not One or Four...but TEN Dimensions.

You only hate to say it because you're Solaris, too.

I hate to say this, but one of the best posts ever.

And whoever denies this does so to deny the fact that they feel stupid for not thinking of this before.

Do you ever stop slinging bullshit that you can't prove around?

My post is the best post ever?

I agree that the description on that site is pointless from a practical stand point it seems to be done purposefully to try and confuse and perplex, but you can't possibly argue the point that string theory and higher dimensional theories have no relevance.

You can only tie gravity and electromagnetism together through use of higher dimensional geometry where you have a 5th dimension at the very least.

Any other model although tested physically, classical, quantum, etc does not do this and cannot unify the forces, particle physics however is nearly there at verifying higher dimensional particles with the search for higgs bosons.

Everything fits nicely when you introduce atleast one higher dimension, you cannot dismiss it as bullcrap for this simple reason, it's naieve to do so if you place any value on understanding the interaction and relationship of forces as a whole.

I don't care dude. I am right until proved wrong, and even then, I am probably still right.

Lmfao...one of the most ignorant, retarded, self-rightous posts on this forum! No wonder you're worthless.

You suck until you can prove that you don't suck. And even then, you're probably knghenry.

I agree that the description on that site is pointless from a practical stand point it seems to be done purposefully to try and confuse and perplex, but you can't possibly argue the point that string theory and higher dimensional theories have no relevance.

You can only tie gravity and electromagnetism together through use of higher dimensional geometry where you have a 5th dimension at the very least.

Any other model although tested physically, classical, quantum, etc does not do this and cannot unify the forces, particle physics however is nearly there at verifying higher dimensional particles with the search for higgs bosons.

Everything fits nicely when you introduce atleast one higher dimension, you cannot dismiss it as bullcrap for this simple reason, it's naieve to do so if you place any value on understanding the interaction and relationship of forces as a whole.
No no no.

I have absolutely no problem with having 11 dimensions, in fact I believe it.

However I believe, as those physicists who developed this theory do that these are geometric spacial dimensions. In that flash, they are not geometric spacial dimensions. They are just silly little things, crap to fill a book with. No science behind it really.

No no no.

I have absolutely no problem with having 11 dimensions, in fact I believe it.

However I believe, as those physicists who developed this theory do that these are geometric spacial dimensions. In that flash, they are not geometric spacial dimensions. They are just silly little things, crap to fill a book with. No science behind it really.

Are you sure?

Partly right, but partly wrong. The idea of "branching" is correct, that's how you conceptualise higher-dimensional space. However, the site took time as a spacial dimension, rather than what it is, and the error carried forward.

-Angry Lawyer

When you have evidence to back up your theory, it becomes a method. Then you try to incorporate unexplained facts into your method (if there are any). If you fail, you must try to find a new theory. If not, carry on using the same method.

k?

Gravity is only a theory as well tbh...

Did you just ignore everything everyone else has posted about theories not being the same as some random speculation? Scientific theories are supported by a lot of evidence.

Of course gravity "only" a theory.

Only a theory supported only by everyday observation of only damning conclusive evidence.

Surely it should only take a chimp to realise that.

If you were only joking, I only apologise for only taking only a hardline.

It's actually easier to get your head around Time being "the 4th dimension" than it is to think about 4 spatial dimensions. It's a total mind screw to think that a 4d being would see the world in 3d, i.e. be able to see all of the faces of a cube simultaneously as well as that what is contained with in it.

The problem is that when people start thinking about it in those terms, they cease understanding it as well. The fullest understanding only comes when you grasp (or try to grasp) what it really is.

It's actually easier to get your head around Time being "the 4th dimension" than it is to think about 4 spatial dimensions. It's a total mind screw to think that a 4d being would see the world in 3d, i.e. be able to see all of the faces of a cube simultaneously as well as that what is contained with in it.

I am not a 4 dimensional being and I can see all the faces of a cube simultaneously as well as what is contained within it, provided that the faces of the cube are transparent or translucent enough to allow me to distinguish its contents and its other faces.

When you have evidence to back up your theory, it becomes a method. Then you try to incorporate unexplained facts into your method (if there are any). If you fail, you must try to find a new theory. If not, carry on using the same method.

k?

Incorrect. Theories do not ever become methods, theories are always theories. Methods are the actions you take based on a theory. If you fail and your predictions dont work out, you first change the method, if after multiple methods fail you can claim the theory is false and add/subtract/change it until it fits the evidence.

Here:

HYPOTHESIS
|
Test----False
| |
| Throw hypothesis out
True
|
Test again and again----False
| |
| Throw hypothesis out

True
|
after mulitple successful tests, it becomes a THEORY
|
Test again and again, make predictions (methods)
|
If false throw out, if true continue to test and make predictions

Another misconception is that a theory somehow becomes a law. This is also untrue, because a theory often contains multiple laws. Laws are simple statements or formulas which yield predictable results, such as newtons three laws of motion, which make up the newtonian theory of motion, or the laws of thermodynamics, which make up the theory of thermodynamics. Thus, a theory cannot be a law unless the theory itself is a simple formula or statement.

Wikipedia said:
The fourth dimension is often identified with time, and as such is used to explain space-time in Einstein's theories of special relativity and general relativity. In this case, the concept of an additional spatial dimension would be referred to as the fifth dimension.

Something to think about.

you guys got to calm down - and recognize my jokes =p

A theory can be anything really. but a scientific theory is what has been tested to the hardcore end and can't currently be disproven.

you guys got to calm down - and recognize my jokes =p

A theory can be anything really. but a scientific theory is what has been tested to the hardcore end and can't currently be disproven.

A theory is a hypothesis that appears to be right and has not been proved wrong. Or maybe the other way around. Agree?

I have been trying, in my mind, using basic figures, to disprove time travel. I'm pretty sure this makes all my not-so-hard work, true.

I have no idea what is true, and what's not, until I die. At that point, If I go to heaven/hell, then I know a religon was correct. If nothing happens, I know that the BB was correct. But if nothing happens, then maybe I won't realize whatever is correct. Or perhaps that I will never remember I asked myself this question. AGH HEADACHE!

I am not a 4 dimensional being and I can see all the faces of a cube simultaneously as well as what is contained within it, provided that the faces of the cube are transparent or translucent enough to allow me to distinguish its contents and its other faces.

OK, a completely opaque cube without the use of mirrors or any other trick. Stop being so anal. And even if the cube is translucent you're still seeing it in 2D since you'd be viewing it using a 3D perspective rather than in 3D itself.

You also forgot to highlight the operative phrase in your quote zleppelin

In this case

It's not a theory.

There are theories within Quantum Mechanics and String Theory, that contradict that guy completely, they have evidence and are theories.

That website is rubbish.

but forth dimension is time,right?

OK, a completely opaque cube without the use of mirrors or any other trick. Stop being so anal. And even if the cube is translucent you're still seeing it in 2D since you'd be viewing it using a 3D perspective rather than in 3D itself.

You also forgot to highlight the operative phrase in your quote zleppelin

I guess it means I am 4 dimensional being then.

Aenema said:
but forth dimension is time,right?

Time is a dimension. Whether it is the first, the second, the third or the fourth is not for you or me to decide. Maybe it is the first dimension, and the other 3 spacial dimensions are number 2, 3 and 4?

Anyway, this is what Wikipedia has to say:

Wikipedia said:
The fourth dimension is often identified with time, and as such is used to explain space-time in Einstein's theories of special relativity and general relativity. In this case, the concept of an additional spatial dimension would be referred to as the fifth dimension.

Back