Not One or Four...but TEN Dimensions.

Its been posted before.

I quite pride myself in the fact that everyone, including the clarky saw it and was like OMG this is so true and cool.

I took one look, and called bullshit, and what do you know? The guy admits on the site that it is not what people conventionally hold to be the 10 dimensions.

Its just complete rubbish.

It's just a theory, so it's not rubbish.

But personally I think it's wrong, as elaborate as it is.

It's just a theory, so it's not rubbish.

But personally I think it's wrong, as elaborate as it is.
It's not a theory.

There are theories within Quantum Mechanics and String Theory, that contradict that guy completely, they have evidence and are theories.

That website is rubbish.

They have evidence and are theories?

Erm...

They have evidence and are theories?

Erm...
I don't understand?

Physicists have spent decades working on this, a lot of it has built the 10spacial dimensions and time theory.
They've done calculation, work, experiments.

That site is bullshit. Sorry to be blunt, but the guy hasn't a clue. It goes against everything Physicists think the 10 spacial dimensions to be with no workings behind it.

It's just far to simple and stupid. Hell, what he's describing aren't even spacial dimensions. It's just, oh this would be cool, lets call this the 7th dimensions.

There are thought to be 10 SPACIAL DIMENSIONS. Spacial is the key there.

1d is a point
2d is a line
3d is a cube
4d is a hypercube
ect.

Solaris said:
There are theories within Quantum Mechanics and String Theory, that contradict that guy completely, they have evidence and are theories.

Theories aren't evidence. =/

Theories =/= hypothesis =/= Rampant speculation

That just about sums it up.

A theory is "a coherent statement or set of statements that attempts to explain observed phenomena." Yet there is no solid evidence that 10 dimensions even exist. Sure his explanation makes sence, but it is unlikely and stupid to thank that something which takes up an infinate amount of space can share that same infinate amount of space with further objects of infinate size.

That is, 10 dimensions in the sence that he is talking about. I have nothing against believing in 10 spatial dimensions. They are totally possible... theoretically. :p

What is B.S. is the idea that for every possible action there's an infinite number of other actions we could take, ergo an infinite number of other potential timelines. The reason for this is that for everything we do there are reasons or a reaction to an action. For example the idea that if you left the house 10 minutes later you'd get run over by a car, then you've got to look at why you left the house 10 minutes later, then you've got to look at the reasons for the reason you left the house 10 minutes later etc. It'd just go back like that for infinity. i.e. just a chain of action-reaction stretching back. The only way that infinite cycle could be broken out of is by something completely random occurring and humans are incapable of completely random behavior (everything we do is based on some psychological construct), hell, nature is incapable of complete randomness most of the time. Very few things in the universe are completely random. Chaos Theory tells you that.

Heh, I like how Solaris turned this into a huge debate on the definition of the word "theory" :p

When I say theory in this thread I mean Theory in the scientific term.

And thats not the point.

The point is that website is bullshit.

Theory = A tested hypothesis.

Hypothesis = An untested Theory.

'Nuff said now stfu.

Look we know what a theory is.

Someone misread what I intended to say.

That flash doesn't make any sense, theres not a touch of logic to it at all.

bttfdoc_sm.jpg
--Marty! You're not thinking fifth dimensionally!

It follows from this that for scientists "theory" and "fact" do not necessarily stand in opposition. For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theory which explains why the apple behaves so is the current theory of gravitation.
A (scientific) theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from and/or is supported by experimental evidence (see scientific method).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory

I agree with Solaris - it was nothing but pseudoscience.

Yes, a theory is not saying that "I think elephants are pink and can fly", because it's not supported by observation.

I've seen it! I only managed to get an extremely grainy black and white photo of it at night though... :shh:

But steel doesn't melt at the temperature that jet fuel burns at!

I reached the point of what the feck at the 8th dimension discription.

that could be true...OR the word "dimension" is just a made up word for our poor little brains to understand our existance....as the thing so called religion also does. Both however are crap because it makes us so confused.

OK il stfu now.

Head Asplode!11!!!

Seriously though, that was pretty crazy.

And absolutely pointlessly wrong.

And my dad, who graduated from the best University in this country, who majored in mathematics,

agrees with you. :thumbs:

Hurrah!
Although my only credentials are the understanding that string theory dictates there are 10 spacial dimensions. And its pretty obvious thoose are not spacial dimensions.

I hate to say this, but one of the best posts ever.

And whoever denies this does so to deny the fact that they feel stupid for not thinking of this before.

Back