Novel of Alctraz Event

simple fact is valve knew it would be delayed weeks before the anouncement and kept on telling the fans it would make it on time.

valve screwed us over.

Are all those companies american Asus Gigabyte , Dell etc?
Great post

Off Shacknews:

Buddy got one of those. He had to take the guy's business card to get it. He unwrapped it and opened it up and it was the lamest piece of schwag I've ever seen. It was a clear plastic block with the Gigabyte logo on it, HAHAHAHA!

Nice paperweight dude ;)

Asus is Taiwanese, but they have offices all over the world

Yeh man, thx for sharing. I know how 'vicious' these forums can be :D
Shame we didn't get any news on the release, but then hey that wasn't expected. To know they're working on TF2 instead is good though...maybe the release is closer than many think (Nov HL anniversary...or before!)

Originally posted by Dougy
simple fact is valve knew it would be delayed weeks before the anouncement and kept on telling the fans it would make it on time.

valve screwed us over.

And im sorry this effected your life in what way? You people crack me up. A drunk driver killing your mother is life changing. A game being delayed has no bearing on your life what so ever. Grow up people.

Their working TF2 right as we speak and the HL2 disks are just stitting around in a warehouse somewhere packing dust..Just my theory..

:flame: :flame:Who agrees with me????!!!!?!?!?!?!:flame: :flame:

Some guy from shacknews tells us its done and we all believe it?

My guess is that they are still working on it, and that copies have not been made.

Originally posted by Dougy

valve screwed us over.

Well, two things. Either Valve knew the game wouldn't make the 30 September release and they decided to continue pushing it as such..

or

Something important and really big came up at least a week and a half before the release, causing them not to release the game on time.

I don't see how someone couldn't know if their game wasn't going to be released at least a month before.. That cuts out the idea that they just realized that it won't be released (which would be an inbetween theory)..

.. I really do think something came up that would keep them from releasing it on the 30th.

Even though Gabe said 'it simply isn't done' doesn't imply that he is speaking the complete truth. If it were due to ATI and/or Nvidia problems or even Vivendi problems I doubt Gabe would announce it as such - it's something you don't want to leak..

I dont believe it would have gone into production yet, because we would heard about it. I think that they may still be tweaking it, some fixes here and there. Hey no game is perfect on launch. At least this way a few more bugs will be fixed.

And people that are whinging about the delay, let me get a violin for you.......

Seriously, you know you will buy it. Ruined the Half Life 2 experience what the hell does that mean. You havent even played it, so what experience. The experience of what buying the game and getting it out of the box?. You will get that soon enough. I mean a few weeks never killed anyone.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

Originally posted by manny_c44
Some guy from shacknews tells us its done and we all believe it?

My guess is that they are still working on it, and that copies have not been made.
I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist or a paranoia fiend, but there are people on there that know more than they are allowed to say..

Something fishy is going on with HL2 and the release and anybody that does know more than likely won't say anything about it.

.. however, this one guy did say something.. a slip up perhaps? Maybe it doesn't matter because people likely won't believe him..

Originally posted by bbyybb
I dont believe it would have gone into production yet, because we would heard about it. I think that they may still be tweaking it, some fixes here and there. Hey no game is perfect on launch. At least this way a few more bugs will be fixed.

And people that are whinging about the delay, let me get a violin for you.......

Seriously, you know you will buy it. Ruined the Half Life 2 experience what the hell does that mean. You havent even played it, so what experience. The experience of what buying the game and getting it out of the box?. You will get that soon enough. I mean a few weeks never killed anyone.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

Who said it ruined their HL2 experience? If you're refering to me then I must say it most definently hasn't or will ruin my HL2 experience. I stated that the release snafu ruined the flawless release of the game - which would've been a great thing.. but it's not everything. It's just candy coating :p

Yes, I'll will buy the game. I'm not whining about the delay. I can deal with a delay.. I'm slightly disappointed but who isn't? These things happen and it's not the end of the world. It's just fun and interesting to speculate and think about what's going on behind the scenes, ya know?

Also, there have been games released where the gold announcement was VERY close to the game release. Obviously HL2 is a BIG game and a gold announcement would be hard to keep under wraps (or would it?) but it could happen. Valve is and can be tricky. More than likely (realistically) the gold announcement will go on like most games though.

Very cool...Now I wanna see your movie and drool at the ladys in the leather suits. :p

Don't you have local strip bars? I hear they have ladies in sexy attire :p

nvidia is still hosting for some reason. they give no incentives to actually host. sounds like steam is going to have a mouse on a wheel for an engine. Notice there are no ATI sponsored servers which is REALLLY FUNNY since they are getting huge reputation points and marketing help from valve.

nvidia ads are seen very frequently whenever i use Steam.

Sorry ares i was a little tired when i posted that. I was not really directed at you, but alot of people are spewing forth this Valve hate as of late so i guess i am perhaps a little bitter.

I better get off to bed soon ^^.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

Originally posted by Templar Wizard
nvidia ads are seen very frequently whenever i use Steam.

um with all the bad publicity nvidia is getting because of valve's clinging to directx9(mirosoft) as a standard and ignoring opengl which is where nvidia rules currently. It doesn't make any sense to host for them. They need to make sure hl2 does not come out until they have a line of cards that can compete with ati directx9 performance. No one is going to upgrade a nvidia card for hl1 or any of its mods. Though they will for hl2 which at the moment makes Nvidia look horrible.

Originally posted by FriScho
nearly 5 years of secret developement and Valve was able to destroy the surprise and the excitement in less than 2 weeks. Congratulations for screwing up the whole HL2 launch! Great job, well done Valve!
Word.

Originally posted by droper
um with all the bad publicity nvidia is getting because of valve's clinging to directx9(mirosoft) as a standard and ignoring opengl which is where nvidia rules currently. It doesn't make any sense to host for them. They need to make sure hl2 does not come out until they have a line of cards that can compete with ati directx9 performance. No one is going to upgrade a nvidia card for hl1 or any of its mods. Though they will for hl2 which at the moment makes Nvidia look horrible.

Making a new card would take months.
Unless they started straight after de 3dmark incident.

Well new graphics cards are released in both Fall and Spring (6 month cycles). Whether Nvidia has taken the steps to fix their card's problems for this fall remain to be seen.

back on the subject of the 9600xt, i was going to buy a 9600pro at about £130 (just over $200) just before/around the release of hl2, so i may as well just wait for the xt? or will the pro prices drop a lot when it gets release?

Nice read, way to take the stand dbs!

I call HL2 to be out oct17th.

i think its done but steam isnt ready yet, therefore as a simultanious worldwide release, steam has to come out with it.. and steam isnt ready yet. so no retail for U!

good read. some nice info that leaves the imagination running

Yes good thread, Value marteking seem like the biggest Noobs but they doing better then they did with Half Life :(

I would like to know the earliest they could of told us :?

You got to talk to Gabe and you asked him about TF2? wtf is wrong with you? :hmph:

Back