Novel of Alctraz Event

Originally posted by dbsynergy
I also think I got in trouble for posting what I did. Im sorry, I don't know the rules of quoting ppl as well as I should.

how/what did you get in trouble over? Who's on your case?

It's totally badass that you snuck into the even. I can't wait untill you get that vid up.

I really don't want to say but I bet you could figure it out if u glance at the orginial post agian.

DAMNIT NOW I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT IT WAS.

you mean the part where the guy from that other forum (or the guy from shacknews..) was talking to you about the game being delayed because of steam, or some such shizo?

[edit]

oh yeah it was the shacknews guy, cause valve was trying to get them to host steam content servers for them, and he said everyone hes talked to thinks steam is a bad idea, there was other stuff, but my memory comes back in pieces..

Originally posted by jo3
eagerly awaiting the video. better include lots of the WOMENZ!
Don't get your hopes up. I spent 90% of my tape on the presentation and the women did all the cool stuff after it was over. You get to glance at them for a few frames but nothing more.

Originally posted by Koldfire
shouldnt this be in a TF2 forum? :frown:
Maybe now that my originial post has been buchered. Originally, it had very relivant HL2 stuff.

Maybe now that my originial post has been buchered. Originally, it had very relivant HL2 stuff.

ohh theres two parts removed, i dont remember what the second was, but i think the first was what i posted up there ^

hmm c`mon memory, dont fail me now...

Originally posted by The more on
No worries here... those women not that hot to me...http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/editorial/ati-rock/girls.jpg&1=1...just abit

here is the full link http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/editorial/display/ati-rock_6.html
That's a better pic than I have in my video however it isn't that great either. Seeing them in person is another story and considering the lighting of the room, it would be difficult to find a decent picture.

I really don't want to say but I bet you could figure it out if u glance at the orginial post agian.

wow...you really CANT spell the word "again"!! lol...and I thought in the sig it was just an oversight!

Jus' givin' ya shite m8... :)

lol, ur right... I almost never notice. MS Word has spoiled me with its autocorrect.

dbsynergy, let me know if you need a host for mirroring the video. I have a 100 Mbyte/sec server.

Originally posted by AgentXen
But it is Valves Fault For Lying. stop trying to cover for them. they can do it for themselfs.
I mean you just dont f ****ing delay a game like HL2 a week before its released. Should have given a months noticed.

*sigh* you're not understanding it at all.

how is it valve's fault that this guy upgraded before the game even came out? hey i know...it's not!

how could you think it would be released without an announcement that it went gold? of course it was going to be delayed...he upgraded and screwed himself.

of course it would have been nice if valve had notified everyone so they could hold off their upgrades...but why should they care? if you're too impatient, how is that their fault? they're busy making the game, not worrying about wether or not you're upgrading.

Originally posted by AgentXen
I know some people here that are pissed and will No longer buy the game.
Not only that but they wil d/l it. and let other ppl d/l it from them.So u see t does affect them in some way.
I just wish they could have released the boxed version. And **** steam.

people aren't going to be pissed enough not to buy hl2. the delay isn't gonna piss anyone off that much. they still want to play it. and if they want to play it multiplayer, they'll need steam, and therefore they'll have to pay.

illegal software downloads are always a problem for developers. the same people are going to download it that always download games.

not many people are going to switch to the warez scene and be like "omg screw valve i'm downloading hl2 and never playing multiplayer"

its on gamespot, grrr they want my money to d/l it, screw them, lets get this vid on a different mirror please :)

dbsynergy, gj on the report... was a good read :D
and ppl should stop flaming eachother... dunno... but i couldnt find anywhere that it says that hl2 is delayed because of steam :/ now ppl stop whining and do something usefull, like sending some ideas for hl2

Originally posted by Mac
its on gamespot, grrr they want my money to d/l it, screw them, lets get this vid on a different mirror please :)

yeah could someone get it on a diff mirror or torrent it then post the link here plz

That cool I have a good connection, but its all depends on what the server or mirrors you r using

hey dbsynergy, thanks alot for the vid, and the report, loved it :D

Very nice! That video was awesome. Wish Gabe had a lil more hl2 info, but still informing. Thanks.

Hey thanks for the video man. good job. Kinda cut off at the end there for some reason but great nonetheless. Thanks again!

lol, I think his battery died, but yeah, thanks man! Too bad it cut Mr. Newell off though! I didnt have the patience to watch all 44 damn minutes, but I hear the ATi CEO said f uck as some point? Anyone else hear this?

ya.. he was trying to say one word but mixed it w/ another and it came out as phuck. i was surprised for a ceo, how horrible of a spokes person he was.

great vid thanx.
but better use a steadicam next time ;)

and they played tool...cool

Originally posted by CurtisKaj
Hey thanks for the video man. good job. Kinda cut off at the end there for some reason but great nonetheless. Thanks again!
That's the point I ran out of tape. Then when I tried to rewind my tape to record over the beginning, the battery died.

Try holding a cammera over your head for an hour and see how steady you can hold it. Trust me, it's alot of fun. *snickers*

Back