Novint Falcon - $100!

Pi Mu Rho

ValveTime Admin | Enemy of fun
Staff member
Reaction score
If any of you have read my review and are interested in buying a Novint Falcon, they're available now for $99.99 at Edge Gamers.

Absolutely worth it at that price.

I played with it at GDC, and it is incredibly cool and it really feels like a whole new experience using it. In one of the demos where you can feel a sphere and box and put different materials on them, it feels absolutely incredible moving your cursor around it.

How does that aim? Is it a improvement over a good-quality mouse?

I may have to pass, $100 is still steep for me now, especially living pay check to pay check

How does that aim? Is it a improvement over a good-quality mouse?

Personally, I'm much more use to a mouse, so I wouldn't recommend using this in MP games, especially since the device gives kickback like a real gun, so you're more inaccurate (and more realistic) compared to just using a mouse with no force feedback.

This is something that is really more for SP or even co-op games, but for competitive games like CSS or TF2? I would stick with a mouse.

It's definitely not the same as a mouse, although it's also not worse. It doesn't take long to get used to it, but the feedback and recoil can really change the way a game plays. On the other hand, you can fully adjust the degree of force involved, or even turn it off completely.
I played a bit of L4D with the mouse a few nights ago and, while I could aim slightly better, it was far less fun overall. Everything felt very flat and lifeless.

Back