Novint Falcon Design a Grip Contest!

Pi Mu Rho

ValveTime Admin | Enemy of fun
Staff member
Reaction score
<div align="center">
1251470635_falcongripcontest.jpg
</div>[br]
With the Falcon giveaways now over, we're happy to announce that Novint are providing two more Falcons for us to give away in this contest. You're going to have to work for these ones, though. What we want you to do is come up with the best design for a new Falcon grip. For those of you not knowing all that much about the Falcon controller, these are the standard grip and the pistol grip, respectively:[br]
<div align="center"> </div>
[br]
So basically, the bit that you hold. Now, it doesn't have to be a realistic, or even feasible design (although those are obviously just as welcome) - you can go as crazy as you like. Just keep it clean - we don't want anything R-rated. Artistic ability is not a requirement for this - we're looking for the idea. However, a well-drawn, photoshopped, modelled or sculpted entry is obviously going to catch the judge's eyes. So get to work, Halflife2.net - show us what you can do![br]

Rules
  • All entrants must be registered forum members.
  • To enter, email your design to [email protected] with your username in the subject of the email.
  • One entry per person.
  • Competition closing date is September 25th, 2009

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.[br]
Good luck!

Hmm, I have a good feeling a lot of these entries are going to wind up "samey"

I'm opening a pool on how many Gravity Gun grip and Crowbar grip entries we get. The over-under's 10, guys. Let's have those bets!

This should be interesting, will there be a gallery of all the designs after the competition has ended?

These guys keep coming up with competitions, and they're fun!
I already sent mine, might come up with more, but I thought the idea I had was the most realistic one, and probably one of the more popular designs to show up in your mail box, so I made a quick decision. :p

EDIT: Too bad it's only one entry per person. I've got ideas flowing here! :p

Ha! I found the pen for my graphics tablet (that had been lost for a month) yesterday!

Bear in mind there's no great rush - the contest is open for four weeks.

What happens if you submit an idea that is the same/similar to someone else's?

Any cad models available for the basic novint? Would make scaling and interfacing much easier.

Also: does this have to be a grip for human to computer interfacing or is the contest allowing for more "out of the box" ideas? I've got something pretty immense in plan if so.

With college just about to start, I doubt I'll have enough time for something much more extravagent anyways. Not that I could think of much more than what I got :p

uhm... 5132

=P

I'm working on something futuristic, I hope get it on time.

Hm, how are our chances if we expand on the pistol grip idea, instead of completely changing the design?

Yep, got ideas forming and got some rough ones on paper.

What? The contest lasts for four weeks bro, spend more than 37 minutes on it at least.

I've got my idea.

Im assuming if people submit similar ideas, the one who first entered the idea is probably going to take the cake.

Already sent in my idea =]

- - Perhaps hl2.net should post peoples idea for the exact reason, i doubt anyone wants to look at the same idea over and over. - -

Im assuming if people submit similar ideas, the one who first entered the idea is probably going to take the cake.

Already sent in my idea =]

- - Perhaps hl2.net should post peoples idea for the exact reason, i doubt anyone wants to look at the same idea over and over. - -

Yeah, i agree. Otherwise you will see a lot of people complaining and how similar their design was to the winners. Just let people post their designs in here to avoid that kind of fuss.

I hope mine won't be the same due to the time I've spent on it so far :(

I'm loling at this, found in google images. NSFW

What happened to the l4d2 contest? I dont remember seeing a winner announced, or see any of the designs even. Was there a post on it somewhere that I missed? Will there be one for this contest?

what code will get the highest savings? I think i'm getting this thing, looks fun.

The halflife2.net one - HL2NET - gets you 20% off.

thanks Pi...who is the referral money going to anyway? :E

I was just reading about that program, not a bad idea.

It goes to the site! Unless we make enough for me to retire on a yacht in the Seychelles...

Finished

I just finished and sent in my idea.:p Good luck to all for a good contest.

Submitted mine! I'm excited about this one, I can almost guarantee nobody thought of mine :p

Just to remind you all that there's only a week until this competition closes!

Get your entry in to stand a chance of winning one of two Novint Falcons!

Yes. It's the Pistol Grip bundle.

Pistol grip bundle, awesome! Will be submitting my design sometime this week

Just wondering, if it's good enough is there a chance that Novint may use the best grips?

Sent, good luck everyone!

The contest is now closed! Thank you for all your entries, which have been sent to Novint to be judged. The winners will be announced soon, along with a showcase of all the entries.

Back