Novint Falcon Left 4 Dead Support and Giveaway

Pi Mu Rho

ValveTime Admin | Enemy of fun
Staff member
Reaction score
[br][url=https://home.novint.com/store/promote.php]Novint, creators of the highly-acclaimed Falcon gaming controller have announced, in conjunction with Valve, full support for the Falcon in Left 4 Dead. If you're unsure about the Falcon and what it does, then take a look at my review (with videos!) here.[br]
After having used mine for several weeks now, I can highly recommend it for the extra dimension it gives to games. Left 4 Dead in particular becomes a far more intense experience, and it just tends to feel a bit flat without it. Novint are constantly adding support for more games, and are soon to release their "F-gen" drivers, allowing the Falcon to act as a mouse and therefore to be used in practically any game.[br]
To celebrate the full support of Left 4 Dead, we've teamed up with Novint to allow you to purchase a Novint Falcon with a 20% discount. All you have to do is use the referral code "HL2NET" when you buy. You can find Novint's promotional Left 4 Dead page here.[br]
In addition to that, and thanks to Novint's generosity, we've given away a Falcon bundle to forum user Dekstar!

I'm not gonna lie, I joined so I could post in here. Probably won't be the only one either. I'll hang around for a while anyway though.

But the Falcon is awesome, no doubt. Congrats to whoever gets it.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm the same as Vivi. The Novint Falcon has been intruiging me for a while now, and if it wasn't for the huge shipping costs to get it in the UK I would have purchased it already.

wow, this is the first time ive seen this. Looks really awesome! Wish they had demos of these at a store.

Shabing!

I'd love to give one of these a try. I'm a bit skeptical, but I think it could be quite fun if you get used to it.

Have they had that Falcon vs. Mouse users match, yet?

Imagine there is interesting content in this post, making it appear to be more than a means of entering this Falcon lottery.

I would love to get one of these devices! I've been reading about them for over a year now. Finally just put together the cash to get a good PC to play games on. I'm loving life as a new PC gamer. Much better than console games and less annoying crowds by FAR.

Anyway, yes a Falcon would be amazing!

I just came online and WOW! I would love to win a novint falcon! It would help so much with my gaming!

What can I say ... I am poor and Irish .... and really want to win :D

I'm seeing that their are a lot more games beginning to use the Falcon more. Wish I had the money to buy one. :(

Seriously guys, the limits to the novint falcon are endless. You will probably never have to leave the house again.

Not that any of you people do.

See, I made fun of you. Yes, you. When was the last time you saw sunlight? You silly vampiresque cave dwelling computer cretin.

If I win, I'll be as giddy as a school girl. If I don't, I'll be buying one for Christmas.

I MUST HAVE DIS.

Oooh, thought it looked really cool when they first came out, nice they have support for the game I play the most now.

Not being selfish or anything, but I really hope you don't give it to the people that just signed up today just for the giveaway instead of the other members that have actually been here forever and actually do deserve it.

That's just my two cents. I would like to win as well, so just pick fairly is all I'm asking.

AWESOME

I've been wondering if Valve was still interested in this thing...

You should probably only give it to accounts that existed before this was announced... because otherwise the winner will likely be whoever can make the most sock accounts.

I've been wondering if Valve was still interested in this thing...

You should probably only give it to accounts that existed before this was announced... because otherwise the winner will likely be whoever can make the most sock accounts.

You host a valid point, and I'm glad you won that art contest. Even though you don't post here often, you've obviously been here for a while. :D

Shamrock said:
Not being selfish or anything, but I really hope you don't give it to the people that just signed up today just for the giveaway instead of the other members that have actually been here forever and actually do deserve it.
In a way, I agree. On the other hand, it is completely at random, so...

Anyway, posting for free stuff!

The Falcon has landed.

Hopefully in my lap!

You host a valid point, and I'm glad you won that art contest. Even though you don't post here often, you've obviously been here for a while. :D

Notice two things about my entry: First, there was only 1 other pixel art in the contest. Second, they moved it to the discussion thread, and said something like "doodles will not be accepted into the contest". ;)

Hl2.net seems to be having quite a few give-aways lately. It doesn't seem to be a bad thing, generating more activity for the site though i am interested how you managed to get some good give-aways.

I wonder if the Falcon would be a useful tool for modeling in 3d - certainly looks interesting. I'm afraid my wife would have a good laugh at me if I bought one of these, but what the hell - not if it's free :D

Back