Novint Falcon Left 4 Dead Support and Giveaway

I read the review here on hl2.net, but quite frankly I'm still not convinced. The Falcon seems a bit clumsy and awkward to me.

It does look a little odd (and let's face it, a mite gimmicky) but if Pi likes it, I'm willing to assume it's awesome.

Either way, I imagine it makes the Source staples a lot weirder! Feedback all up in the place.

Hell, let's try my luck.
squirreldowant.jpg

By the way, how does it perform in multiplayer? Better/worse than mouse? Don't mouse user own you constantly?

I never win anything, but still posting! Oh wait, I don't have L4D either...

Damnit.

EDIT: Barker_s, the falcon is for a more immersive experience, so if you tried playing a competitive multiplayer game chances are yes you would get owned because it simulates recoil, whereas a mouse doesn't.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I probably don't derserve to win, but what the heck. Pick me, pick me pick me!!

Interesting concept. I can see it working quite well in immersing you in a singleplayer experience, until you encounter a hard spot, say "screw it" and grab your mouse ;) In multiplayer it will put you at a disadvantage, almost like playing with a pad among people with mice.

It could work well with a console though, probably much better than a pad in FPS games.

If I would win i'd plug that baby in and use it on any game I could :p it looks awesome btw! I hope they get some sold, many people normally aren't into new input devices, but hey! gamers are :)

anyway good luck to all of you, may the best win XD

Does it work with rape games? I kid I kid..

Would love to win it though :)

I wonder what it would be like to play with this unit plus the nvidia 3D setup, crazyness!

It's cool to see Valve is supporting this new technology. I wonder how would it be to play multiplayer games with that sweet thing.

How do you pick the winner? Is it totally random? Or are you looking for some courtesy, some sympathy, and some taste?

THEN I'M YOUR MAN NOVINT PEOPLE

mickjaggerj.jpg

... even if I say so mahself.

I'd absolutely love one of these

I unfortunately missed their great Valve giveaway, and when I tried to buy from their EBay store I found it was out of stock.

Here's hoping I manage to get hold of one soon. It'd be a great partner for my NVidia 3D setup! :D

Tom, if you are reading this - Am I right in thinking you now ship internationally? (Obviously I'm hoping to win one, but thought I'd ask!)

looks awesome. also looks like some kind of portal device =D

My life is like a choose your own adventure novel exept all the options lead to a shitty ending so I know I won't win this thing :(

I was kind of hoping for short story contest to do with L4D or something.

Still a pretty cool contest.

This vaguely reminds me of HL2.net russian roullete...

That looks like a lot of fun to play with. Reminds me of good ol' arcade shooters.
I'd get one myself but that is quite a price tag.

So get 20% off with the Halflife2.net Novint Falcon discount!

I'm giving each timezone a chance to get in on it. Be patient.

I'm going to bring a new meaning to the FALCON.. PUNCH!!

Hopefully!

Back