Official HL2 site coming soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh I'm good , enjoying 1.8b amongst other things :p

But as munneh said we found the site linking to us and nabbed a screenie :)

I'm sure it won't be the final site but it shows their fiddling at least :)

Feedbag said:
that that is the official website. It isn't. Post the URL to the site, if you feel it is. And if Valve doesn't want people on it, they can lock up the folder.

It's not the real website.

DO NOT TEST.

Doh, you dont think they already did that?

Do you ever cease talking from your backside? :)

The URL to the site has long since been removed as they only had it there temporally.

Majestic XII said:
Doh, you dont think they already did that?

no, i don't. becuase there wasn't a directory to begin with.

GENTLEMEN... THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE.

"HI, I'M VALVE. IM GOING TO PROMOTE CNN BIGGER ON THE HL2 WEBPAGE THAN I AM THE NAME OF OUR OWN COMPANY."

120%

Hot Soup said:
Heh I'm good , enjoying 1.8b amongst other things :p

But as munneh said we found the site linking to us and nabbed a screenie :)

I'm sure it won't be the final site but it shows their fiddling at least :)

dude... i can't take flf anymore. i downloaded the newest version, and its still "grab a famas and empty a clip"

i had really hoped they would have been able to even out the weapons by now. they need to bring back the noob cannon.

Feedbag said:
"HI, I'M VALVE. IM GOING TO PROMOTE CNN BIGGER ON THE HL2 WEBPAGE THAN I AM THE NAME OF OUR OWN COMPANY."

They're not promoting CNN they're quoting them saying Half-Life 2 is bloody good. It's not unusual for games to be reviewed and quotes put on websites or the game cases themselves. It’s to show people high up really do think it’s good and it’s worth buying. They are a company remember. Their aim is to gain profit and to do that you need to attract customers and persuade them to buy their product.

What is the point in coming here and sprouting this crap? It seems you are only interesting in talking rubbish and trying to cause trouble with no facts.

Munro said:
What is the point in coming here and sprouting this crap? It seems you are only interesting in talking rubbish and trying to cause trouble with no facts.

I want to apologize. I went back into the logs of my site, which domain is censored here, and DID find a similar URL that pointed to a preview page...

preview2.jpg

Well that's certainly impressive.

Munro said:
Well that's certainly impressive.

i was a little cranky this morning. i haven't done a senor science update in a week now.

Do you have nothing else to add Feedbag? You’re shouting about how much of a moron I am on your site yet you don’t have any evidence to establish your mindless outburst whether or not this is a real site. You're the only one that looks stupid right now.

I'm sorry, but there is no way that was an official site of any kind in munro's first post. It looks horribly unprofessional to me. Looks like anyone could have done it in a couple minutes - which I'm guessing is exactly what happened......

Permission to ban Feedbag on the grounds that although he has a valid opinion, ie: free speech and is entitled to his personal opinion I'm just bored and need to pick on someone with a low level of intelligence.

pleeaassee ;*(

As for the whole site thing, as I stated in my first post on this thread I think the design is crap. It may / may not be the official site but it was found in our stats by Munro and from what's displayed via the screenshot seems to give the impression it was created by Valve.

Meh. Tbh I don't really care about it nor the current status of HL2, or valve, etc.

When the game finally comes out I might perk up an interest in the whole scene again.

Munro said:
Do you have nothing else to add Feedbag? You’re shouting about how much of a moron I am on your site yet you don’t have any evidence to establish your mindless outburst whether or not this is a real site. You're the only one that looks stupid right now.

hey no peeking at my site! i thought you didn't want people going there. i didn't call you a moron here, though. sure, i said it on my site, but that's just to appease the crowd. also, if you check with hotsoup, you'll no my gaming group is called [UncleStupid]. That should clarify my level of intelligence. On top of that, the internet was created to slander people anymously.

I just wanted you to be a true news guy and post the url that you found this on. especially if they have already shut the url down.

that way, you'll prove me and the other doubters wrong when we say its a fake. I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose, I'm just saying, without a URL to show where you found it, its very very very hard to believe. Especially for the way they created the site. It doesn't look like any of their other sites either.

So, tell us the URL, and further prove the jackass that I am for doubting.

Thanks.

hl2.net has too many ties with Valve to start making up news.

hey no peeking at my site! i thought you didn't want people going there.

I don't want people going there. I see no need to subject them to the immature comments and idiocy encouraged over there. I do check it myself however for personal amusement.

I just wanted you to be a true news guy and post the url that you found this on. especially if they have already shut the url down.

I don't see how putting the URL here will prove it's not a fake unless you expect it to be at Geocities. It was available at http://www.half-life.com/qtest. I'm guessing they were testing/showing at least the first version of it.

Munro said:
I don't want people going there. I see no need to subject them to the immature comments and idiocy encouraged over there. I do check it myself however for personal amusement.

I don't see how putting the URL here will prove it's not a fake unless you expect it to be at Geocities. It was available at http://www.half-life.com/qtest. I'm guessing they were testing/showing at least the first version of it.

There you go... by posting the url, if it really is it, makes the whole thing more legitamate. good work, munro.

I think all this has been blown way out of perspective, I'm taking it currently as real. HL2.net has been a valid source of information since day one, Never has such a prank been pulled and I have faith, I also have faith that there isn't someone without that little to do, to spend time photoshopping such a thing.
Just let time reveal the truth.

just one more thing... by copying their website and posting it, aren't you breaking copyright laws? ;)

If you don't have permission yes.

/me finds a hiding place

The link no worky.

Personally, I'm much more enthralled with Mario 64 than I am with Half-Life, or Half-Life 2. The last thing I want to do is go back to their planned official site in 2006 and see that the last update was on 2004. :rolleyes:

theneb said:
Sometimes I wish I archive.org did more updates.
Great minds think alike. I so felt like typing pwned in big capital letters but, alas, they haven't updated for 2004 yet.

neutrino
0wNz0r

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: Munro has hit new levels of stupidity
Feedbag wrote:
did you see the picture he thinks is the new valve site? what a ****ing moron.

That was stupid.

Yes I'm sure Valve will have a huge hl2.net logo cluttering up there main page.

After visiting hl2world's forums.. neutrino really needs a reality check, has he never heard of a watermark? :|

Anyway, I always took this as real, I don't see what Munro would have to gain from lying.

Chris_D at HL2World said:
Yeah, because we'd really tarnish our great reputation within our community by posting lies.

/me applauds

:rolleyes:

Exactly Shuz

Yeah, I also say that this is real, WHY would munro post something that would be false?

Yeah and I'm sure it will be confirmed soon so let's all have the maturity not to call each other morons until it has been proved either way.

.....Whoops!! :rolleyes: Too late!

I really like how mature a certain part of the hl2 community is...

Did neutrino really post:

"Yes I'm sure Valve will have a huge hl2.net logo cluttering up there main page." ?

Because if he did then he just defined the term braindead :D
Seriously, can people really be so empty headed?

I mean, how does a guy like that survive in the real world?
Anyone want to take a poll on how long it'll take him to get into Darwin?

heh heh, I think alot of us will have a good laugh if that website gets open to the public and it still has the same format as the screen Munro posted up.

Shuzer said:
If you read Munro's first post, he says if you're smart you too can see it. I'm guessing he/someone he knows stumbled upon the URL (I guessed a bunch, but didn't find any, so I gave up), and showed him.

I read the post.

Javert said:
I read the post.

Yeah, heh, anyway, looks as though it's gone now. Ah well. Did anyone bother e-mailing VALVe about the authenticity of this for extra confirmation?

D33 said:
Did neutrino really post:

"Yes I'm sure Valve will have a huge hl2.net logo cluttering up there main page." ?

Because if he did then he just defined the term braindead :D
Seriously, can people really be so empty headed?

I mean, how does a guy like that survive in the real world?
Anyone want to take a poll on how long it'll take him to get into Darwin?

Jesus christ, can no one understand a little sarcasm? Must I put a [sarcasm] quotes around everything I write? I always thought that kind of detracted from the whole point of being facetious. I merely found that the fact the the logo was put there on this screenshot of this supposedly "official" site somewhat amusing.

Yes, and thank you D33 for showing your great maturity as a moderator of these fine forums and telling me so explicitly just how stupid I am. I really appreciate the insight into my intelligence. I will have to definitely re-evaluate my life on the basis of this shocking news that I am in fact brain dead. Wow, what an eye opener.

....actually no hard feelings.....you insult me....I respond......etc, etc.....we can call it even, since you seem to usually have a pretty good sense of humor. ;)

I guess the design is one of several test designs, so dont cry if it isnt the same design that goes online as the official site :)

Yeah, i was just thinking how funny it would be if we didn't see any more drafts, and the site comes out drastically different

I'd be extremely surprised if the screenie we got turned out to be anything like the final result :)

neutrino :-

You wouldn't believe the amount of stupid people I seem to see on these forums, especially when hl2world members get quoted. We'll call it quits though because you may well of just been sarcastic.

well its pretty obvious that this is a spoof....(hmm nothing against munro..but if you find a public url in your logs, which you think is the hl2 site..why not post the url along with the image? ...)

anyway its a good spoof though...the guy managed to get on front of halflife2.net, and other news site, (and even achieve over 120 replies =))

im just waiting till someone shoutz out "my presious, my presious image on halflife2.net" :)

(and as far as i know the $HTTP_REFERER values only hold the url of a direct link click to halflife2.net, not a favorite you click or a url you enter in the address bar...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back