Official HL2 site coming soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
nexflo said:
well its pretty obvious that this is a spoof....(hmm nothing against munro..but if you find a public url in your logs, which you think is the hl2 site..why not post the url along with the image? ...)

anyway its a good spoof though...the guy managed to get on front of halflife2.net, and other news site, (and even achieve over 120 replies =))

im just waiting till someone shoutz out "my presious, my presious image on halflife2.net" :)

(and as far as i know the $HTTP_REFERER values only hold the url of a direct link click to halflife2.net, not a favorite you click or a url you enter in the address bar...)

From Munro in the same thread:

"I don't see how putting the URL here will prove it's not a fake unless you expect it to be at Geocities. It was available at http://www.half-life.com/qtest. I'm guessing they were testing/showing at least the first version of it."

Why are people saying this is fake when it looks SO much like the CS:CZ site???
The site will probably have very little info and thats why I think it's authentic, VALVe prefers to give info through the community. Maybe they feel obligated to sh*t out a site because every major game out there has an official site and they don't.

nexflo said:
well its pretty obvious that this is a spoof....(hmm nothing against munro..but if you find a public url in your logs, which you think is the hl2 site..why not post the url along with the image? ...)

anyway its a good spoof though...the guy managed to get on front of halflife2.net, and other news site, (and even achieve over 120 replies =))

im just waiting till someone shoutz out "my presious, my presious image on halflife2.net" :)

(and as far as i know the $HTTP_REFERER values only hold the url of a direct link click to halflife2.net, not a favorite you click or a url you enter in the address bar...)

LMAO!!

Oh puh-lease. If Munro wanted to get something of his on the main site, he could just do it and to hell with anyone's comments. He owns the site ffs :p

And if someone else had done it as a spoof, he'd be very unlikely to just go with it without seeing proof for himself. Hell he wont put up stuff on the main site by the staff themselves unless we've got solid proof of it :)

hl2world's owner and community is so immature, it's rather unbelievable (no expletive filter?) And they must have deleted Munro's post on the thread cause I didn't see it (typical). If you're wondering what I speak of ->Dare to enter?

Javert said:
hl2world's owner and community is so immature, it's rather unbelievable (no expletive filter?) And they must have deleted Munro's post on the thread cause I didn't see it (typical). If you're wondering what I speak of ->Dare to enter?

You can't link to it since it is censored (typical - just a friendly jab ;) ). And if you hate it so much why do you care about it? No one is forcing you to look at anything you don't want to. If you don't like it then that's your right - again no one is trying to cram it down your throat. As for the maturity level, there are plenty of mature members, but we all like to have fun too. This is the internet for god's sake, do we have to maintain a strict level of maturity in everything we write? The whole point is to just have fun, no matter what the level of maturity is. I think we're all serious enough in real life, are we not allowed to relax and have a little fun on an internet forum? And what is this so-called deleted post you speak of? The whole thread is still there on the site.

Not trying to start up an arguement here, just pointing out a different way of looking at things.

Neutrino said:
You can't link to it since it is censored (typical - just a friendly jab ;) ). And if you hate it so much why do you care about it? No one is forcing you to look at anything you don't want to. If you don't like it then that's your right - again no one is trying to cram it down your throat. As for the maturity level, there are plenty of mature members, but we all like to have fun too. This is the internet for god's sake, do we have to maintain a strict level of maturity in everything we write? The whole point is to just have fun, no matter what the level of maturity is. I think we're all serious enough in real life, are we not allowed to relax and have a little fun on an internet forum? And what is this so-called deleted post you speak of? The whole thread is still there on the site.

You're right, no one forced me to see it. But I care because it is an opinion upon a community I respect and participate in. I care because, as heavy as it may sound, reputations are on the line and what better environment to obfuscate than the Internet, as you have mentioned.
You call defamation of another site and a direct insult towards another person(s) fun? At best, it is mindless at the expense of another. I do not expect maturity, but is it so hard to expect respect for a fellow computer game fan and community?
As for your "freedom of speech" rebuttal (in post), freedom of speech does not come at the infringement of another person's freedom, in this case, Munro's. What has been posted by you and 'feedbag' is the worst kind of freedom of speech, it is defamatory.

I may be looking at the wrong thread Munro didn't post at, my mistake.

Javert said:
You're right, no one forced me to see it. But I care because it is an opinion upon a community I respect and participate in. I care because, as heavy as it may sound, reputations are on the line and what better environment to obfuscate than the Internet, as you have mentioned.
You call defamation of another site and a direct insult towards another person(s) fun? At best, it is mindless at the expense of another. I do not expect maturity, but is it so hard to expect respect for a fellow computer game fan and community?
As for your "freedom of speech" rebuttal (in post), freedom of speech does not come at the infringement of another person's freedom, in this case, Munro's. What has been posted by you and 'feedbag' is the worst kind of freedom of speech, it is defamatory.

I may be looking at the wrong thread Munro didn't post at, my mistake.

Wait, wait, wait.....I understand what you mean with your arguments and can respect your opinion but then you go on to say "What has been posted by you and 'feedbag' is the worst kind of freedom of speech, it is defamatory." Now, I take no responsibility for what others say and I won't go into my opinion of their statements, but just where exactly did I ever post something that was defamatory toward anyone? All I ever said was I didn't think the site was professional enough to be any official site and made one comment about a logo. These were my opinions which I have a right to. Just where was I insulting anyone with my comments? In fact, if you want to go into defamatory posts just read some of the things that were written about me on the previous pages. If anyone has a right to feel insulted it is me. I don't of course, since that would be silly, but still if your going to be throwing around accusations ,just please read things a bit more carefully. Thanks.

Feel insulted? Very well then, we're even.
Let this nonsense between halflife2.net and you guys end, along with the previous nonsense with halfliferadio while we're at it. Sheesh, can't we just....get along?

Javert said:
Let this nonsense between halflife2.net and you guys end, along with the previous nonsense with halfliferadio while we're at it. Sheesh, can't we just....get along?

Can't we all just get along? No, probably not. :) Otherwise we would have a huge group of boring conformists :borg: , and that would be the least fun of all. But hey, ya never know. :p

/me hugs Neutrino.

/burns clothes and takes shower. :E

Javert said:

we can't really get along until munro stops censoring our url.

hey did you see our photoshop contest. we felt inspired this week.

How old are they at "the other hl2 site"?
10?

"Ohhh just because we CAN be inmature, lets be inmature"

And that site looked like crap tbh...

Feedbag said:

Considering how the apparent majority of your members (in the most literal sense) feel about our site, I don't see there being any "getting along" in the forseeable future.

Feedbag said:

I swear to God it's your little bunch that keeps on comeing over hear and posting crap about valve lieing to piss us off. Every so often we get a wave of stupidity roll over the forums and I bet it's from your corner of the internet.

mrchimp said:
I swear to God it's your little bunch that keeps on comeing over hear and posting crap about valve lieing to piss us off. Every so often we get a wave of stupidity roll over the forums and I bet it's from your corner of the internet.

:rolleyes:

Neutrino said:
Can't we all just get along? No, probably not. :) Otherwise we would have a huge group of boring conformists :borg: , and that would be the least fun of all. But hey, ya never know. :p

Great philosophy :rolleyes:

By that rationale your employing rapists, murderers, bomb wielding Muslim fundamentalists and Child molesters are all acceptable, because we need those 'cool' social non-conformists to shake things up a bit. Oh, so they upset a few people here, kill a few people there, and scar for life some people over the hill, who cares, at least they ain't 'square', right? :dozey:

we must keep the balance between good and evil

VideoPrick said:
There has been a brush set for photoshop at the saturnalia website (everybody who are into grunge graphics use these brushes as a shortcut before they start making brushes themselves) and one of those Photoshop brush sets are used in that image.

what website is that? i cant find it anywhere

err, hi everyone, first post n'all that....

Feedbag said:

All the ones slamming Munro are pointless. The one with the plane and the skyscrapers is tasteless.

Javert said:
All the ones slamming Munro are pointless. The one with the plane and the skyscrapers is tasteless.

Well if you subscribe to the Neutrino theory of life these things are apparently 'cool' :dozey:

Kadayi Polokov said:
Great philosophy :rolleyes:

By that rationale your employing rapists, murderers, bomb wielding Muslim fundamentalists and Child molesters are all acceptable, because we need those 'cool' social non-conformists to shake things up a bit. Oh, so they upset a few people here, kill a few people there, and scar for life some people over the hill, who cares, at least they ain't 'square', right? :dozey:

Oh come on, give me a break. I think your missing a few key terms here, namely the words "internet" and "forum." You somehow take a comment about how if everyone has the same opinions on an internet forum, we are nothing but conformists and turn this into an argument for violence, rape, and murder. Just who has a twisted view of things here?

You know, I never insulted anyone personally with my comments about the website. I just stated my opinion that I didn't think it was real, which is a valid opinion to hold, even if it isn't right. Since then, in the process of defending myself and a site I happen to like, I have been called stupid, immature, and now a pro-rapist and pro-murderer by members of this forum. So yes, kadayi, stand on your soap box and condemn me for my sins. Just be careful not to look in a mirror sometime.

first time ive ever had to say this here, but would you all

STFU!!!!!!!

God i hate internet forum Zealots...

p.s. the site is real get over it! :)

Very nice find Munro, if it was on the half-life.com domain it had to be something Valve was testing. However, I do not think that Valve would use a design like that. Sure it looks ok, but it doesn't have what it takes to be a web site for such a huge game as Half Life 2. The site needs to be more flexable as far as adding content goes. I do think that it's amazing that Valve would put a link to this community site on their front page, shows how community friendly Valve is and how important HL2.net is to the actual game.

No Limit said:
I do think that it's amazing that Valve would put a link to this community site on their front page, shows how community friendly Valve is and how important HL2.net is to the actual game.

Careful No Limit. I got torn to bits for even seeming to imply such a thing. (See posts #106 and #111)

Just a friendly warning.

Neutrino said:
Careful No Limit. I got torn to bits for even seeming to imply such a thing. (See posts #106 and #111)

Just a friendly warning.

Right, it was a watermark.. it wasn't actually there, I think it needed opacity, as pointed out

Right, I've had enough of this. Stop your petty arguing. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, they believe the picture is a fake, we believe it's real. I don't care if they think it's fake because I know it's real, but there's no point in arguing about it. It's starting to get embarassing now. There's a big enough tear between this fan base already, let's not make it bigger.

Yeah well, browse back to page 6 and see my 'comparison' image
you'll see the party is still on :)

Chris "Party Pooper & Banner of non-believers" _D.

Chris "Cleaner of Dirty Photos" _D.

Awww the parties over?

Has anyone e-mailed Valve to see if they knew anything about it? Because that could have settled this a long time ago.

I thought that that was a picture of a scratch-pattern texture comparison, Chris D...

Did VP edit it after he posted?

/me is confused.

Brian Damage said:
I thought that that was a picture of a scratch-pattern texture comparison, Chris D...

/me is confused.

I'm with you, I wondered the same, and now I'm confused as well.. :|

Brian Damage said:

* Brian Damage is confused.
The picture was loaded up somewhere under his web space. It was of that scratch texture thingy. What he then did was upload a picture of ******* in place of it, with a photo shopped picture of the Half-Life 2 HUD on it making it look like Gordon Freeman with full health, a MP7 and pointing his gun at the dirty bitch in the bath.

Nearly made me puke, despite having seen ******* before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back