Official HL2 site coming soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uck. Glad that was deleted befoe I stumbled across it. Thanks Chris_D.

Neutrino said:
Sometimes censorship is good huh?

You guys over in HL2World think we're "anal retentative" and way too strict and harsh on our rules but it's for a reason that we jump on people for doing stuff. It's not so they don't have any fun, it's not because we're power hungry. It's just that we have 12,000 registered members at the moment and we reckon that once HL2 is released we'll start getting figures again like we did when the Source was leaked. That was nearly 6000 active at one moment.

If people don't see us strict now, even when we've only got 200 or so active members at a time, then they'll know not to then. HL2World need to be carefull really. People will start visiting that site more often and already in the flamehaus section there's people posting that very same ******* pic, comments that could be considered offensive, flames against gays and gay marriages. If their site grows by 300% when HL2 is released then people will see that stuff and instead of it being the odd occasion of referring to Iraqi terrorists as "towel heads" it'll be referring to other racists with even more racial slurs added. Goatse everywhere. Stuff like that.

We try to be fair in our rules.

Anyway, rant over. I hope that clears up why people think we're so strict. I hope after that it appears as though we're not party poopers. Apart from me of course :p

The Mullinator said:
Awww the parties over?

Has anyone e-mailed Valve to see if they knew anything about it? Because that could have settled this a long time ago.

I did... like 2 days ago... no response... yet...

Neutrino said:

I was curious and looked.. shouldn't have done that :(

Anyway good post Chris_D, that's exactly the reason why I keep coming back here.

While I do in fact understand the points that you made, Chris_D, I still disagree for the most part. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a difference in opinion. In reality the two sites, hl2world and hl2.net just have very different philosophies concerning some key issues. You see, I think that there is a place for everything. I may not like reading about "towel heads" or discrimination against gays, but I maintain that people have a right to discuss these issues and voice their opinion no matter what it may be. This is why hl2world has the "flamehaus". It is a place where you can say anything you want without censorship. The result may be some rather unpleasent threads or some very extreme opinions, but so what? People have differing opinions in life and we all have to learn to deal with that fact. In this respect, the problem I have with censorship is that once you start censoring things it is all open to the interpretation of the person doing the censoring and can easily get out of hand.

Now, I know you, and it seems most of the members here, disagree with me, but oh well. That's the whole point. I have my opinion and you have yours and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Im not sure why you guys at hl2world insist on competing against hl2.net.

I just went to your site to see what its like and found plenty of threads where you guys are insulting hl2.net and its moderators. The only time we ever say anything about you guys is when you come over here and start insulting us.

Give it a rest, you guys really are the most immature non-clan HL website I have ever seen.

EDIT: Constant swearing, lots of flaming, people looking for illegal software, you guys seriously have a very sleazy website.

my god, it even looks like they show you how to work HL2

Ya they have had tutorials for using and editing the leaked HL2 version for some time.

heh heh, ya thats not sleazy.

Neutrino said:
While I do in fact understand the points that you made, Chris_D, I still disagree for the most part. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a difference in opinion. In reality the two sites, hl2world and hl2.net just have very different philosophies concerning some key issues. You see, I think that there is a place for everything. I may not like reading about "towel heads" or discrimination against gays, but I maintain that people have a right to discuss these issues and voice their opinion no matter what it may be. This is why hl2world has the "flamehaus". It is a place where you can say anything you want without censorship. The result may be some rather unpleasent threads or some very extreme opinions, but so what? People have differing opinions in life and we all have to learn to deal with that fact. In this respect, the problem I have with censorship is that once you start censoring things it is all open to the interpretation of the person doing the censoring and can easily get out of hand.

Now, I know you, and it seems most of the members here, disagree with me, but oh well. That's the whole point. I have my opinion and you have yours and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Well then we'll have to agree to disagree. But flaming each other is pointless.

Feedbag and a lot of others at HL2World have taken it upon themselves to label us rather immaturely and instigate a rouse between their members and our site owner. Munro has his own opinions on what should be kept in a gaming forum, and Feedbag has his. Like you said, I don't personally agree with his methods, he doesn't agree with ours. It should be just left as that.

Can we just lock this? The original topic of discussion has been lost a far way ago.

This has now gone off topic and served its purpose.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back