Officials: Taliban executes boy, 7, for spying

unozero

Tank
Reaction score
Suspected Taliban militants have executed a 7-year-old boy, accusing him of spying for the government, officials in southern Afghanistan said Thursday.

Article continued with statement by Karzai (sp?)

Well I'm most of you know that I'm not a friend of Islam anyway but I'm pretty sure no where in the Koran can be behavior like this excused not to mention rewarded in the afterlife.....

As if Islam can be represented by the Taliban. As if the Taliban followed the Koran at any point before.

That's a good point but at the same time a large part of the Muslim Community think they are fighting a just battle.

That's a good point but at the same time a large part of the Muslim Community think they are fighting a just battle.

I am a big critic of anyone who twists the words of the bible or Koran, and I share no love for the Taliban. However, I have had more than one christian fanatic (and believe me, there are *alot* of them where I live) tell me that it is our holy duty by Jesus that we should kill every muslim and arab, even women and children. So it's not like fanatical Christians are really any better. I'm actually not crazy about organized religion anymore.

Anyone remember the story a little while back of the kid who was tortured by them?

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

How ****ing disgusting.

I didn't think it was possible for the Taliban to sink even lower... but they just keep on slipping through to the core of the earth.

One of the factors that have helped the Taliban cling to power is the fact that many see the new Afghan government as more crooked and corrupt. In an interview with villagers they said they sided with the Taliban because they were more afraid of the Afghan police (either it was police or security force, I can't remember at the moment) than the Taliban.

If they didn't have support I doubt they'd still be around.

That doesn't make sense. What you're saying implies that extremist organizations cannot exist without the approval of the general population from which the group originates? That completely goes against why extremist groups are formed and even the term "extremist". Yes, some Muslims to support the actions of the Taliban. But this is an overwhelmingly low percentage: around 6% from the latest Gallup poll.

its still a shame people kill each other when all you need is some video games and some beer. combat evolved!

I'm pretty sure they did what they thought was the right thing.

Let's not let them think anymore.

all the taliban needs to do is make a statement saying "we hate the usa" and you will see all the love they get from che wearing tshirts people

Back