Olives, hell yeah!

Why? Black olives are good on pizza, they are good on god damn anything. I will kill over this ideal.

I love black olives in my pizza. Black olives and pepperoni. Delicious.

But lately, I've gotten into trying green olives on pizza.

Green olives with marinated tomatoes and pepperoni.

Olives of any kind by themselves are enough to make me gag and vomit.
vomit.jpg

Put them in a salad or pizza and I'm fine with them.

Why waste olives by throwing them on something? I eat those damn things by themselves. >:D

Never trust a vegetable that looks the same coming out the other end. Not to mention that high fructose corn syrup is quite possibly the worst legal food additive there is. They even use that shit bread. It's a pain in the ass to avoid it.
If anything is coming out the same way it's going in, learn to chew :p

What could possibly possess you to make a thread about olives except the knowledge that so many people are disgusted by them...

What could possibly possess you to make a thread about olives except the knowledge that so many people are disgusted by them...

This responses seem to say otherwise. I count more more in support of the almighty olive!

You don't have to get the stuffed green ones with pimentos. They are okay, but only in that bitter way that you learn to love.

You can also get them stuffed with garlic, but I haven't tried that yet.

You might have to do it yourself, but try stuff them with bits of red, orange or yellow pepper. It's the best thing ever. Trust.

peppers.JPG

Put some Hidden Valley ranch on that ****er. ****ing win. I want to drench them in Ranch and eat each of those in a giant bite.

Never trust a vegetable that looks the same coming out the other end. Not to mention that high fructose corn syrup is quite possibly the worst legal food additive there is. They even use that shit bread. It's a pain in the ass to avoid it.

It's just thick, dense sugar. For honestly terrible food additives see: partially hydrogenated oils.

p.s. olives are god

Yes, just like cane sugar, there's dangers in "binging" on corn syrup (pro tip: don't binge on anything, especially dense sugar). The mercury thing is one inconclusive study.

There are better reasons to be frightened of the corn syrup industry, like the fact that the amount of corn used to produce it could feed countless starving families if the actual stalk was harvested, or the fact that the U.S. Government gives MASSIVE subsidies to agricultural conglomerates, pushing out small time farmers, just so that we don't have to do business with the "evil communists" in Cuba to acquire cane sugar.

Olives are amazing and tasty and if you think otherwise it's because your tongue has been tainted by the taste of dick.

Yes, just like cane sugar, there's dangers in "binging" on corn syrup (pro tip: don't binge on anything). The mercury thing is one inconclusive study.

There are better reasons to be frightened of the corn syrup industry, like the fact that the amount of corn used to produce it could feed countless starving families if the actual stalk was harvested, or the fact that the U.S. Government gives MASSIVE subsidies to agricultural conglomerates, pushing out small time farmers, just so that we don't have to do business with the "evil communists" in Cuba to acquire cane sugar.

It isn't just like cane sugar though. Cane sugar is composed of sucrose, and the body deals with it very differently. Sucrose IS broken down into glucose and fructose, but that does not make them equal. Fructose is converted to fat more readily, it leeches micronutrients from your body, increases the total amount of cholesterol in your body (including LDL), and it cannot be converted to glucose, which the body uses to synthesize ATP. The fact of the matter is, if less HFCS was used in the industry, we would pay a few cents more per food item, but said food would be a lot less unhealthy. Unless you read the label on everything you eat, it's extremely difficult to avoid it. There's no reason to be adding this stuff to bread or so called "healthy" cereals. There are probably more than a couple food items in your house right now that have it. Thankfully, there are a good handful of companies that have switched back to using other sweeteners as a result of all the negative press. It is true that less sweeteners all together is the best solution,
but that would make life boring. :p

Back to olives though. I found some garlic stuffed kalamata olives at Wegman's today. They are amazing!

Doesn't corn NOT digest though? I thought I heard this somewhere.
The husk of the corn kernel doesn't digest. Most kernels of corn will have a tiny hole in the husk, where your stomach acid can begin to break down the kernel, but occasionally there will be no such abberation. If you chew a kernel once, it will digest.

Back