Orange Box on the 360 - Screenshots etc.

lePobz

Tank
Reaction score
Who is planning on buying Orange Box on the 360? I have it on the PC but I still want it on the 360 :D

Anyway, click here for screenshots etc.

orangebox-valve-8_qjpreviewth.jpg

Me.

I wonder how many people are buying both versions? Valve must be laughing all the way to the bank. It looks lovely btw - i'm hoping HL2 and the episodes run silky smooth.

I wont be coz playing Halflife on anything other that a PC is stupid

Me.

I wonder how many people are buying both versions?

I would consider it if it had co-op or splitscreen multiplayer ..Portal would be tons of fun in splitscreen with a friend

Co-op portal - surely that would cause a quantum singularity cascade failure of 'don't cross the beams' like proportions!

Co-op portal - surely that would cause a quantum singularity cascade failure of 'don't cross the beams' like proportions!

which would lead to many awesome moments of "run, teh beams done gonna blow us up, all exploding-like"

Im getting it for ether the 360 or ps3. Dont know which yet. Someone should email Gabe and ask if you can use mouse and keyboard like in ut3.

PC.

But I don't want the whole thing. As of now, all I want is TF2....maybe Portal.

Gonna wait and assume Valve will eventually sell each game independently.

I think it'll work out costing you more if you buy TF2 and portal than the entire orange box.

Are there any confirmations/facts regarding framerate/graphical quality on the 360 version?

I think it'll work out costing you more if you buy TF2 and portal than the entire orange box.

Yeah...definitly if I buy right away. But, I'm content to wait and let the prices go down. OR, I'll only buy TF2 for the time being.

I really was looking forward to the ep2/portal/tf2 package. They went and just nuked that, even on steam...I'll only get ep2 if there's nothing of the sort anymore.

I'd like to know this too. The max resolution is obviously 720p the detail will likely be as good as, if not better than (in the case of HL2), the pc version on highest settings. It's the framerate i'm concerned about. You'd think for a game as old as HL2 on a dedicated platform that a constant 60fps is quite likely.

:rolleyes:

'It seems the 360 version of Half-Life 2 featured in the Orange box will be updated with HDR, dynamic shadows, updated water, and character models from ep2. But only the 360 version not PC for now.'

Easier to write if off as fanboy rantings, though ;)

They'd have to be insane not to do that. I thought you meant Ep.2 alone (I know you said HL2, but I didn't think you meant the original), I'm truely not expecting any updates to the PC's HL2 ever.

As a preemptive strike against such knee jerk reactions I did try to make it obvious by putting 'in the case of HL2' in brackets :p

I'm looking forward to playing HL2 again in all its glory.

'HL2, not ep2' would've been clearer, although the hard facts in your previous post probably would've been better. I'm 99% not up to date on anything console related except Halo 3...which I'm avoiding spoilers on until I play it on the weekend.

Orange Box for 360 would be an even more epic package if it included HL2DM, CSS and DOD:S.

But that would never happen :(.

360 versions of HL2 and EP1 will also include...

We've even upgraded the models for the vortigaunt, Alyx, the strider, and the zombies in HL2 and Ep1.

As well as all the new effects present in EP2.

I hate it when Valve gives someone else a good deal.

Especially when us PC users spend money to upgrade our shit

at least TF2 runs at a solid 250 fps :)

They'd have to be insane not to do that. I thought you meant Ep.2 alone (I know you said HL2, but I didn't think you meant the original), I'm truely not expecting any updates to the PC's HL2 ever.

Off-topic but this pertains to Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One -

Look at this quote I found at the internets:

Anon delivers said:
Hi Gabe, I just read this article about HL2 at X06 and I noticed the part that says: "That's right, the Xbox 360 version of Half-Life 2 boasts visual enhancements that are available only in the subsequent episodic content on the PC, so regardless of how powerful your PC setup is, the Xbox 360 game will look better."

My question is: Since Valve is retrofitting HL2 with all this great stuff, will you bring the updated version to the PC? I think it would be great to play HL2 with all the Phong shading and rim lighting of EP1, the better particle effects and everything else from EP2, and the new skins on stuff like the Vorts. Maybe even HDR, since you guys have apparently converted the main game to have it on the 360?

Thanks, and I'm really looking forward to EP2, TF2, and Portal!

Gabe Newell said:
Eventually, yes.

Yeah, it answers that question of will it ever be.

News just in, the orange box for Xbox 360 has just gone GOLD.

What? OLD?

Oh, this site has a front page? lol.

/me fails

Where on the internets did you find that? That's my e-mail to Gabe!

Oh yeah, I forgot I read that once too. Guess I don't care that much, it'll be a nice surprise whenever it comes out, because I'll probably forget again until it comes out.

Im getting it for ether the 360 or ps3. Dont know which yet. Someone should email Gabe and ask if you can use mouse and keyboard like in ut3.

Not going to happen. :) That would lead to more combinations they would have to test, and also would give some gamers unfair advantages if the game isn't balanced for it. While I'm not sure there's anything preventing it technically, it's probably highly frowned upon. Let's just say that no game that wanted to support keyboard and mouse has ever been cert'ed.

60 frames and dynamic shadows on all the Half-Life games?

360 it is, then.

Cannot wait for this. Halo 3 is going to keep me on live for a long time, but in terms of a kickass single player game, HL2, EP1 and EP2 is going to reign supreme on my 360. Smooth gameplay with the added benefit of fantastic visuals? Yes please. Five games for the price of (give or take) one? How could I complain?

I'd like to know this too. The max resolution is obviously 720p the detail will likely be as good as, if not better than (in the case of HL2), the pc version on highest settings. It's the framerate i'm concerned about. You'd think for a game as old as HL2 on a dedicated platform that a constant 60fps is quite likely.

I can boost upto 16xQ MSAA on Most Source games (That support that AA setting) with hardly a problem.

Back