Pakistan is pretty much gone to shit

Warped

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvzrQlfVpQE

It seems like the people of Pakistan get ****ed over time and time again. I feel really bad that things went from bad to bat shit worse. Taliban, flooding, shitty political leaders, more flooding, its like Haiti of the Middle East. My friends' family lives in Pakistan and now hes telling me he may never be able to go back to visit and hes trying to get everyone he can into Dubai for obvious reasons. Also this really sucks because it puts donors of money and aid in a really tough boat too which makes matters worse.

your thoughts??

I love that reporter's voice.

And yeah, ****ed up situation. I don't think your comparison with Haiti is too far off.

I have a good friend in Pakistan and I showed him this and he just shrugged and said "this is nothing new, Pakistan has always been this way" and we proceeded to talk about how nothing has really changed and he's been surviving suicide bombs since he was a child.

News flash: Pakistan is a shit hole!

nothing new really.but damn that Reporter does have a awesome voice.

Maybe I havent been watching the news enough lately, but it would seem this has kinda been slipped under the rug.

Haiti was an explosion of celebs and therefore media frenzy.

Pakistan seems to be like ''Horrific floods in Pakistan, millions homeless and countless lives lost. Anyway, here's a squirrel in Cornwall who can mother-***king water skii!''

I was just thinking about this today while at work. I was watching a slideshow of images from around the world and one was of two extremely skinny old men bathing with a hand pump in the middle of a ruined/swept away shanty town. Whenever I start to take anything too seriously in my life, whether it is work or personal, I think of images and people like this all over the world. I cannot believe how so many of us can live the way we do while so many live with nothing but the rags on their backs. There has got to be a better way.

Yeah, kind of like Haiti...with nuclear weapons.

I was just thinking about this today while at work. I was watching a slideshow of images from around the world and one was of two extremely skinny old men bathing with a hand pump in the middle of a ruined/swept away shanty town. Whenever I start to take anything too seriously in my life, whether it is work or personal, I think of images and people like this all over the world. I cannot believe how so many of us can live the way we do while so many live with nothing but the rags on their backs. There has got to be a better way.

and on the flipside of that coin I always tell everyone I meet, especially here in America, we have it pretty ****ing easy. I worked with this douchbag who complained about the easiest of tasks to do and it bothered me so much I exploded on him one day. To have running water 365 days a year, electricity, games, movies, ipods, music, vacations, garages, pools, clean clothes, books, magazines, more than enough food, etc

I think if I had the ultimate power to do so I'd have people switch countries for one month of their life. I'm willing to bet this planet would change overnight

Back