Pakistan suicide bombs kill 80 to avenge bin Laden

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110513/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan

A pair of Taliban suicide bombers attacked paramilitary police recruits eagerly heading home for a break after months of training, killing 80 people Friday in the first act of retaliation for the U.S. raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
In claiming responsibility, the al-Qaida linked militant group cited anger at Pakistan's military for failing to stop the American incursion on their soil.

"We have done this to avenge the Abbottabad incident," Ahsanullah Ahsan, a spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban, told The Associated Press in a phone call. He warned that the group was also planning attacks on Americans living inside Pakistan.

At least 80 people were killed, including 66 recruits, and around 120 people were wounded, said police officer Liaqat Ali Khan.
Around 900 young men were leaving the center after spending six months of training there. They were in high spirits and looking forward to seeing their families, for which some had brought gifts, a survivor said.
Some people were sitting inside public minivans and others were loading luggage atop the vehicles when the bombers struck, witnesses said.
"We were heading toward a van when the first blast took place and we fell on the ground and then there was another blast," said 21-year-old Rehmanullah Khan. "We enjoyed our time together, all the good and bad weather and I cannot forget the cries of my friends before they died."
The scene was littered with shards of glass mixed with blood and flesh. The explosions destroyed at least 10 vans.

Either those were some huge ass explosions or people are still dumb enough to congregate in large groups over there during elevated threat times.

Either those were some huge ass explosions or people are still dumb enough to congregate in large groups over there during elevated threat times.

Not sure if serious.

I'm sorry, thats my blame the victims first mentality going off again.

Their fault for wearing military clothes.

I'm sorry, thats my blame the victims first mentality going off again.

No, my point is, how are people not supposed to congregate in large groups, let alone in a place for paramilitary police recruits? Stuff needs to get done, and often that sort of stuff means interacting with other people. You make it sound like everyone in Pakistan should be in a bunker doing all communication via Skype.

A pair of Taliban suicide bombers attacked paramilitary police recruits eagerly heading home for a break after months of training

it's their fault they were dressed so provocatively.

I like how this thread took an immediate detour into venting grievances from previous topics.

but it's true. they were targeted for what they are

Wait, so they wouldn't have carried out this attack if Osama wasn't killed? And because of the killing they just put this plan together in the last two weeks? What are the Taliban's non-revenge attacks like? Do they just shake up all of the soda in the super market?

Absinthe beat me to it.
Hopefully the ISI will lay the smack down on the tribal areas.

I wouldn't count on ISI doing much. They are corrupt as **** and part of the problem it seems.

What I want to know is where it ends. This hideous game will bring everybody down until one side decides to stop playing. All this killing doesn't actually mean anything. It just exacerbates things. Why don't people get this??

No, my point is, how are people not supposed to congregate in large groups, let alone in a place for paramilitary police recruits? Stuff needs to get done, and often that sort of stuff means interacting with other people. You make it sound like everyone in Pakistan should be in a bunker doing all communication via Skype.

200+ military personnel in an area confined enough to be hit by two suicide bombers? In a country known to house the terrorists that have been vowing to blow you up since last week? You'd think there'd have been precautions, or staggered leave so not everyone is there all at once making a no-****ing-duh terrorist target.

Damn, Krynn, you are outdoing yourself this time.

I mean, seriously?

You know what would be hilarious? Krynn getting hit by lightning 4 times.

"hahahahaha, dumbass went outside without a rod trailing behind him, he shouldve known"

With 8.64 million lightning strikes per year, yeah I would be a dumbass for not protecting myself. Thats why I wear rubber soled shoes. I've probably already saved my life by taking these simple precautions. I also wear a kevlar vest at all times because there are ~17,000 fatal and 75,000 nonfatal shootings per year in my country. I also wear tempur-pedic memory foam coats because of the 60,000 pedestrians each year hit by cars, and I wear a steel helmet due to the 150 people killed each year by falling coconuts. Safety is no joke man.

(Krynns carbon monoxide detector gets broken by a rat chewing on it, fumes fill his house while he sleeps, all looks lost. Then the secondary one he carries with him at all times goes off.)

Grim Reaper: "Damn you Krynn"

Krynn:" It is not that easy to kill Prepared-ness Man, now help me put this condom on my tongue, Im about to eat spinach."

No way, I won't even go near spinach. Nothing can prepare you for that nasty shit.

Back