Parents put son inside washing machine for lols

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Or maybe it was to teach him a lesson or something.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ing-machine-surveillance-video_n_1533063.html
The father was allegedly playing with his child when he placed him inside the machine. However, when the door locked, the automatic cycle began with the tot trapped inside.
The panicked parents banged and pulled on the door without success as the child continued to spin inside the machine, according to surveillance video posted on YouTube.
Out of options, the dad urgently ran to the back of the laundromat to get the attention of a worker, who rushed to the scene and unplugged the washer. When the door finally unlatched, the worker pulled the child out of the machine.
Despite being trapped for more than a minute, the child managed to escape the machine with only minor bruising, according to Real Talk NY.

This reminds me when I was far on the North Side of Milwaukee in a fairly dangerous neighborhood with a friend of mine to visit and have a bonfire. They had a washing machine they were disposing of--and really no entertainment for their son, so he was literally climbing into and playing within the machine. But this wasn't abuse of this caliber, more ignorance--he was being monitored and it was top loading and consensual.

This video is still damned terrible and I can't bring myself to finish it. People do stupid morally apprehensive shit. Poor kid. I've seen this kind of reckless garbage too much in person. I remember when the Huffington Post was actually about political issues and not a cheapened thrill/comedy website. Still an intriguing, if not awful, piece of media.

This has cropped up on my Facebook Home Page recently. Seriously, people are f*cking stupid. Damn lucky they didn't kill the kid.

This is the same brand of stupid as that woman that put her cat in the microwave to dry her off.

This news is depressing and that kid should get new parents until these parents are mature enough.

If this dad ever decides to write a book on parenting, I'm buying it.

I like how he appears to be yelling at the worker that can't get the boy out right away like it's his fault.

If I was there I would punch that man in the face although I'm sure the mom gave him an ass beating afterwards.

What happened to the leopard that fell into the washing machine?
He came out spotless.

father_of_the_year_mug-p168389046573905252b7w42_400.jpg
Nah nah I'm joking I'm joking. Seriously.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/man-put-toddler-washing-machine-not-boy-8217-211300071.html

The two adults shown loading a 13-month-old child into a commercial washing machine...were not the boy's parents but a babysitter and her male friend. "We talked to the people in the video and they were not the parents of the child," Camden County Prosecutor's Office spokesperson Jason Laughlin tells Shine. "We won't be charging anyone. We were looking for purposeful endangerment and we didn't see that."

"We won't be charging anyone. We were looking for purposeful endangerment and we didn't see that."

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Well tbh, there was no purposeful endangerment. I wouldn't put a kid in a washing machine in the first place, but I wouldn't expect that after I close the door, it will lock and the cycle will start without the ability to cancel it in a straightforward manner, either.

who knew a washing machine would work as advertised? perhaps they live in an area where washing machines do not turn on when you close the door ..like in some washing machine twilight zone

you'd have to pretty stupid to put a kid in a machine in the first place. moreso if you believed it wouldnt turn on when you closed the door

I'm pretty sure the fact that it turned on wasn't the part that they weren't expecting. The fact that it wouldn't open or turn off easily, like Unfocused said, was the real issue here. It obviously wouldn't hurt him if it was on for like a few seconds like they had intended.

Yeah, I suppose washing machines nowadays are more "user-friendly". My quite old Bosch washing machine requires me to *gasp* push a button after I close the door to activate the cycle - it must be from that twilight zone. If only I had a washing machine that activated itself after I close the door, could've saved me a lot of button-pushing in the long run. Also it's quite confusing how I can stop the cycle at any moment with that same button - why would I want to do that? I mean, the decision was made, the door is closed, the deal is done.

Oh, you changed your mind? Well you're going to have to rip some cables out, mother****er, cause I ain't stopping!

Didn't you get the memo? Criminal Negligence doesn't exist anymore.

Next time someone drives drunk and kills someone, they can be all like: "Hey officer I didn't kill anyone on purpose, so it's all good man."

I dont know if you were being sarcastic Vegeta, but I thought it was the funniest post in this whole thread.

Back