Patch today on HL2: Ep2?

rikt

Space Core
Reaction score
Heads up people!

A lot of talk going on about today´s release of some patch for HL2: Ep2.

I first had a look at this on steam´s community discussion for the game. Lots of people getting it. I don´t have anything installed at the moment so I can´t tell.

Did you get this update today? what is it about?

Check it out here!

I think that's really interesting. Certainly worth keeping up with. Seems like quite a big change to cause such a bug, and the fact that mossmans voice works as well as specific lines of other characters leads me to believe it could be something bigger.

This is mostly wishful thinking on my part though, I'm sure in a couple days Valve will say it was something Linux related.

Still... 6gb update for a game over 7 years old. Make one wonder.

Could just be them updating to the more efficient formatting. They've been doing that to all their Source based games as of late.

stop it!

stop getting your god damn hopes up!

enough with the conspiracies!

all valve is doing is updating ep2 to VPK's, and this silent update was just a pre requisite for future updates!

they do it to TF2 and Dota2 all the time!

and that is coming the biggest HL conspirator this side of the mason dixon!

exclamation point!

By the way, apparently the latest Steam client/beta release broke the voices in HL2. There are a bunch of threads on it.

That's possibly what the patch is.

@ trunk_slamchest,

I know all too well how you feel...unfortunately each time something like this comes along I jump at it although I am normally very, very sceptical.

this is the kind of quality i've come to expect from valve's recent updates:

it's not really broken. It just can't find the sound files.

Krynn isn't really a dog, he just has canine DNA.

I guess Gabe finally decided it was time to add the deaf character they talked about a few years back.

Back