PAX East: Blizzard has announced their newest prfffffhahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news this game will support LAN play, feature PvP and not have region restrictions.

They're shoutcasting this like an actual esport.

What. I just.... WHAT.

If anyone hadn't yet realised that Blizzard had previously jumped the shark this oughta do the trick.

How dare a company make something I don't want to play!

They're free to jump the shark straight out of the heliosphere with their money and time.

I'm all for tabletop games going online. While I don't care much about this specific example, if it proved successful and kick started a trend I would be fine with it.

The opinions of people on this forums are ****ing hilarious. Keep hating on Blizzard. At least they don't let their most popular game die out over 10 years of not talking about it. They keep it fresh and excited with new games and new styles all attached to it... Unlike some company you all support.

SC2 is good, but come on. There is nothing fresh or new or exciting about this game. It looks like something made by Zynga with a bigger sound budget. Go on, name one thing that Hearthstone does better than any other AAA game, let alone anything that hasn't been done before.

What it does better? It appeals to Warcraft fans, that what it does better. Blizzard isn't out to please you. Unlike other companies, it tries to appease its fans.

That's even worse than the worst argument I was expecting. You're basically saying it's a good thing that they're re-using art assets for a new title that doesn't do anything new. Brand appeal is the simplest and most effortless way companies get consumers to buy their products. If that's all it's got going for it, that's not something anyone should be proud of or happy about.

You really think Valve is doing a disservice to Half-Life fans by making sure they don't release a half-assed end to one of the biggest gaming trilogies ever?

(Protip: I'm a Blizzard fan.)

by making sure they don't release a half-assed end

There is nothing to say that they are doing this. Not that I'm saying they're not. Just haven't seen much to say they are, lately.

How do you figure? If blizzard release a WoW style RTS, I would drop SC2 in a second because I'm more attracted to WoW. So how is that stupid? I'd stop playing just about every fps there was is Blizzard made one. I love that company as do millions of others. So, they are going to make fans happy with this, as well as make money. And guess what? That's all that matters. The money. The sooner you realize that the better.

Protip: Game's free. Don't play if you don't like it.

How do you figure? If blizzard release a WoW style RTS, I would drop SC2 in a second because I'm more attracted to WoW. So how is that stupid? I'd stop playing just about every fps there was is Blizzard made one. I love that company as do millions of others. So, they are going to make fans happy with this, as well as make money. And guess what? That's all that matters. The money. The sooner you realize that the better.

Protip: Game's free. Don't play if you don't like it.
So even if the game was complete garbage, had no balance, and stripped mechanics that existed in earlier games in the series, you'd buy it and play nothing else? You'd stop playing BF3 if Blizzard made a game in a genre they aren't experienced in, on the basis of theme alone? You sound like the perfect target demographic for Hearthstone.

I'm sure as hell not going to play this money sink, and I'm also sure as hell going to make fun of it at every opportunity, because it deserves all the ridicule the human race can dish out on account of this thing being a ****ing Blizzard game. This is the best that Blizzard can do as far as making a card game. This is really sad.

I am the perfect target for Hearthstone. As a fan of Magic: The Gathering, this game sounds awesome. (See how that works?) I WILL be spending my hard earned money on it.

edit: read the first part of you're post wrong.

.............................................................................................................................. *cough*

This makes no sense. Just Saying.

Do explain, please. I beg you. I would LOOOOVE to hear it.

I'll give you a hint: the word "Warcraft" appears in its title. Some might say it's a pretty cool game.

Reactions: MFL
LoL. Kid has nothing. Opinionated, whiny little shit with nothing to back up his argument. You're suggesting this is a WoW rts? Nah.
I will sit here and laugh my ass off at the fact that you morons can't grasp the fact that video games are about making money. Hipsters i presume... LOLLL!

WWWWWWwwwwwwoooooooowwwwwwwwwwww

It's so good I might buy myself a throne. Three thrones, even.

Wouldn't want to get the burnin all up in yer legionnaires. Sounds like the kind of scourge that would make you love the dead. Don't wanna hear your warcry when The Light goes out of your windrunners. Might be a little medivhious.

He's prolly just sargeras of our zug zug.

I'm just going to come right out and say it: I honestly can't tell whether or not you've become aware of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne.

Reign of Chaos before that*

Yeah but that was more of a hot-ticket item than a chill gaming experience.

Reactions: MFL
Now, hey, you might've just been completely made fun of for no reason, but at least now you can go play an awesome 'WoW RTS', and see what people mean when they say Blizzard has gone downhill.

Is it modern? Do people play it.... No. you fail.

Well, I'm done here. Enjoy your business model. Thanks for ruining the market.

Lol. Have fun waiting for half life while i move on to better things :)

Believe me, I'm having tons of fun waiting for HL3 to be as good as it deserves to be. I've got Dota, I've got esports, and I've got the surreal circus act that is 90% of the rest of the games industry.

Protip: HL3 isn't happening. and if it does... No one will be around to care about it anymore. GG Valve. You suck as a games dev. ;)

HL3 is more happening than Blizzard, as in Blizzard games are not happening, as in Blizzard died and became Activision in late 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back