PC Beta Sept. 29th, 27th with Origin pre-order

First impressions are everything. I am simply not impressed with the game. The map is just one of my many gripes i have with the game.
It's nice and shiny but the over all game play is disappointing. It just doesn't feel like a Battlefield game to me.

thats fair - i mean, you've played it, and i haven't yet - i was just saying keep an open mind until the rest of the game comes out.

general consensus all over the web right now is either a) this is good but i want better i.e. caspian border or b) this is bad and i want caspian border. i feel pretty confident that they're going to release it. in time for the open beta would be nice!

I think this actually is more of a beta than some of you guys are giving it credit for. You've got to imagine that most of the single-player and co-op is ready by now right. So the multiplayer stuff is all that I imagine needs tweaking right now, and there is still time before the game goes gold to implement more fixes. After it goes gold, they will still be able to make changes in a day one patch. So yes, this is definitely a beta (imo)

Alot of people are complaining at how these changes they said they made to the alpha for the beta havent been changed/noticed.

My personal favourite whine at the moment; sniper scope glint. It HAS been toned down, but every sniper around is crying about it. I personally dont see what the problem is. Its not THAT big of a flash. Having it underground is a bit funny but artificial lights would reflect so...tough decision.

And its almost unanimous; Metro is a CoD inspire map. Caspian is the true BF experience. Why the hell did they release Metro instead of Caspian? To win over CoD fans I suspect.

Oh, and servers are dying left and right.

Hah, thats just the small beta. Wait until it goes public. Might not be worth downloading at all. ''It's here! *clicks play* ''Connection with the EA servers has been lost''...awww...ah well, back to Bad Company 2 until atleast a month after BF3 is released so they can fix stuff.''

All rush maps are like this...conquest maps will be better!

This.

I find it funny how people are saying its not BF, map is too linear etc. ALL Rush maps are linear. Just try attacking on Port Valdez (snow level where you parachute in on the hill). The horror...

And the whole ''64 players on the PC'' is a bit of a typical misleading gimic. 64 players, yeah, ONLY on Conquest maps. Rush wouldnt work with that many so is limited to 32.

Copter doesn't handle anything like BC2, totally different movement / physics model. Hard to get used to but it feels much more realistic than BC2, and more responsive.

Are they more like BF2 or a hybrid of them both. I HATED how the choppers in BC2 felt but I LOVED the choppers in BF2 because you could do so much fun stuff with them and they were really fun to fly.

It WAS ''sexyelevator''

But I believe DICE have changed it now. Wouldnt be surprised if they open up Caspian when the beta goes public. Apparently there's some new ''announcement'' coming in the next day or 2.

Been watching some videos on youtube of gameplay and commentary by the guys at Overclockers. Kinda freaked out when one guy said his vram was almost being 100% used, then realised he had another program running.

And I dont think the browser is an issue. ''Why cant we load from in-game''. Well, it took less than 30 seconds from clicking ''join'' to being in the game itself, it even seems to pre-load it whilst in the browser (''loading level'') once you connect, then you have to click join yourself. Goes straight in. No menus, nothing, straight in, choose your class and you've spawned. Pretty impressive.

Dammit! I was in a server on Caspian, having a ton of fun, when I finally managed to get a helicopter. I took off, got about 10 feet into the air and the server reset and the passwords were all changed. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Caspian was amazing. That is what is truly representative of Battlefield 3. I have no idea why they chose to use Operation Metro to start out...

Caspian was amazing. That is what is truly representative of Battlefield 3. I have no idea why they chose to use Operation Metro to start out...

Maybe they wanted to ease CoD players into the game by using a claustrophobic, infantry-only level. *shrug*

password "Appletini" worked for me on one server
server was spiking like crazy though so it wasn't very enjoyable
I suspect they will unlock it for the open beta though... makes sense considering the numbers that will be playing

password "Appletini" worked for me on one server
server was spiking like crazy though so it wasn't very enjoyable
I suspect they will unlock it for the open beta though... makes sense considering the numbers that will be playing
It's highly speculated that it will be opened within the week.

Just played 2 rounds on Caspian Border. Feels like a real battlefield game. Hope DICE lets us have the map officially soon.

I'm pretty confident they will release Caspian Border as a surprise next week or something. It's a much better experience than Metro and I think it will satisfy a lot of people who are grumbling about Metro. Also guys remember this is actually a beta, there are bugs out the ass... don't expect a demo. CB isn't even finish, you can tell some areas haven't been through all of their detailing passes yet. Still looks beautiful.

Playing Caspian Border with a bunch of guys in Teamspeak on the same team, moving out to take an objective with people yelling in your ear about tanks inbound to your position and explosions going off everywhere... it gave me some feelings I haven't felt since the good ol' days of BF2.

Jet vs Jet combat is also great. Being in the air makes you quite vulnerable though because the mobile AA platforms (like tunguska) are lethal as hell, and using the Stinger it's quite easy to lock on and take a jet down with a surface to air missile.

Ennui what are your thoughts on complaining that the gunplay is to much like MOH?

Dont forget to turn the UPnP off on your modems.

UPnP does not agree with anything related to DICE for some reason. Had this with Bad Company 2 and MoH.

Helps with the constant kicks if you're experiencing them. Sadly, doesn't help with full servers crashing.

And yeah, Im getting sick of hearing people whine about problems. It's a bloody beta. The damage isnt too high, you just suck at the moment. Scope flash is actually fine. Yes there are bugs.

Ever heard of day-one patches???

are you able to use a 360 controller for the jets?

I'm pretty confident they will release Caspian Border as a surprise next week or something. It's a much better experience than Metro and I think it will satisfy a lot of people who are grumbling about Metro. Also guys remember this is actually a beta, there are bugs out the ass... don't expect a demo. CB isn't even finish, you can tell some areas haven't been through all of their detailing passes yet. Still looks beautiful.

Playing Caspian Border with a bunch of guys in Teamspeak on the same team, moving out to take an objective with people yelling in your ear about tanks inbound to your position and explosions going off everywhere... it gave me some feelings I haven't felt since the good ol' days of BF2.
It's a glorious map. Metro had me saying "ehhhhh" and then Caspian Border completely sold me on the game. I got mad chills defending the Hilltop capture point from enemy tanks.

I'm getting insane amounts of lag and warping, but god damnit this game is good.

It's a glorious map. Metro had me saying "ehhhhh" and then Caspian Border completely sold me on the game. I got mad chills defending the Hilltop capture point from enemy tanks.

I'm getting insane amounts of lag and warping, but god damnit this game is good.
Yeah, I experienced lag in about 2 of the 5 games on Caspian that I played. It was a great time though.

The Battlelog is utter shit. It's worse than Rockstar's Social Club. Unnecessary hoops that i have to jump through just to get into the game. I have no interest in this social networking fad. I just want to play the damn game! Also, why the **** can't i change my game settings before joining a server? Whoever came up with the Battlelog should be strangled with a mouse cord.

RL3gp.png

last 2 good games the server/Game crashes at the end of the round :(

Yeah CyberPitz and I couldn't complete any round tonight, it keep crashing at the end.

That happened with me to during the day, but now its working.

I see a halflife2.net platoon. *joins*

<3, glad you're enjoying stigs - I'm online atm for a game anytime tonight.

buttsechs

My Origin ID is Ren182. I'll add everyone, hope to be playing tonight!

What time is the beta out for the rest of us?

apparently is a update available but it doesn't auto update. You have to click on the BF beta thumbnail and then click search updates.

Officially the PC beta goes Open at 1PM GMT today, the timer says 1 and a half hours to go. PS3 version is already rocking and looks quite impressive imo. Like everyone else I'm not completely sold on Metro, I was expecting more of that "Go anywhere, find a nice spot to get good kills" but then the "COME BACK ASSHOLE" message pops up. But, heck anything like BC2 and I'd be happy.

quick q: where to we go for the open beta? is it a site we get a code from that will go live soon, or do we just download it from the 360 dashboard and play? what's the deal?

1pm gmt sounds about right. i knew they wouldn't get it out for 12 if thats the case.

edit: no matter, just had a quick hunt around the dashboard and it's hidden away in the demo section. downloading now!

game is really bright, finding it quite difficult to get to grips with on a small screen. played two rounds so far and it's pretty solid fun, need to get used to a lot of new things though but otherwise yeah, good game. looking forward to caspian border, really.

Was able to play one game but after that Battlelog is just stuck on Joining Server.

Usually I get that because bf3.exe locked up and Origin/Battlelog didn't notice.

After playing a few rounds of Caspian Border with the secret EA password, I'm pretty confident this is my favourite FPS ever.

Damn you all. :frown:

I have to wait until tonight evening after class before I can play. Can't wait, should look great on my new 560 Ti and 27" 1080p monitor.

Thank god, after five very long days I am online again. It took my ISP a while but I have a new modem. Ruined my old one by pouring half a liter of orange juice on it.

Anyway, downloading the beta momentarily. Any stuff I should know?

Thank god, after five very long days I am online again. It took my ISP a while but I have a new modem. Ruined my old one by pouring half a liter of orange juice on it.

Anyway, downloading the beta momentarily. Any stuff I should know?

Password for Caspian Border is 'videokilledtheradiostar' right now.

Back