Periculum Interview

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gothax? recently had the opportunity to interview Brad Newsom from the promising-looking Periculum mod.[br]
[br]
The interview talks about the mod's soundtrack, storyline and gameplay. Here's a snip:
Halflife2.net: The visuals play a major role in truly capturing the audience's attention in a horror game. What type of environments can we expect to set the frightening ambience?[br]
Brad: We plan to have many types of environments. Some such as your house, Snow Storm in the Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods, Cheyenne Mountain Complex, and others. I've been to Colorado Springs, Colorado USA many times and I feel that if we can make locations as accurate as possible, we can truly make environments believable. What I think would be the scariest environment is the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, just because that’s the heart of the creation of these beings the player will meet.
So without further hesitation, get yourselves over to this page and check out the interview.[br]
[br]
Also there are many other interviews and articles on our features page.

Let's wait until there's something more to show before we start making Doom 3 vs Periculum threads shall we? :p

The idea sounds like a good one... but the fact that the leader doesn't do anything practical and believes that he can get slipknot etc. to feature on the soundtrack.... well... it's nice to have dreams.

Yea I know the leader I and well all I have to say is he likes to lie in my opinon here is a picture that I talked to him about he had this site up like a month then when I confronted him he said it was a joke. Reason I confronted him i emailed gabe he siad he never heard of it.
Periculum old Site

But a little off topic. Anyways story is ok. Given I run a horror mod I will probably have a baised opinion. Anyways I haven't seen anything from the mod but the story. Anyways it was a good read.

I just want to say one thing. Where it says Slipknot, it says (In Progress). Basically it means, its not a definate or final contender to the soundtrack. So sorry if you guys have any misunderstanding.

Oh, I just don't lead the team, I also map, model, produce music, create sound effects, etc. But I mostly just lead the team and map everything. Though the maps are crucial to the experience of mods and games.

UberSoldat said:
Oh, I just don't lead the team, I also map, model, produce music, create sound effects, etc. But I mostly just lead the team and map everything. Though the maps are crucial to the experience of mods and games.

There he goes with the " Though " again.. I had to edit that out soo much ^_^

Hmm, sounds kewl. Let's see if they can actually live up to their promise!

thats your job gothax, i use the word just too much when i casually write, but i also mispell it about 90% of the time as "jsut"
i wish there was some new media with the interview, "though" the babymasher is cool ;)

I wouldn't bother getting pro bands, or even trying, theres a shitload of good amateur musicians out there who can port their music digitally with the sam feel, they would prolly love the oppourtunity.

im anticipating seeing some more improved mod news and releases soo from all the teams, been kinda dead with news and media lately

Back