Perils of Summer Sale: Sunday Update!

Got Oddworld because all I've ever heard about it is it's amazing and will provide me with sexual stimulation.

You are a fool.
A damned fool!

@the arachnid swine

I bought Arsenal Of Democracy.. It's rather in depth, but it seems like it could be fun once I learn the basics.

oh man!! GTA 4 for $5?? Bought!! I have it for the xbox 360, I also finished it on the PS3 when I owned it but I'll play this again, plus I'm curious how it looks on my PC

Got the X-com pack for $3.74

I'm going to get it even though I've heard interceptor and enforcer are terrible. I like the original and have never played terror from da deep or the other one. I'd do it just for the first one though.

oh man!! GTA 4 for $5?? Bought!! I have it for the xbox 360, I also finished it on the PS3 when I owned it but I'll play this again, plus I'm curious how it looks on my PC
They released a patch a month or two ago with much better shadows and removes the stupid Social Club app. It's almost a proper PC game now.

sweet, I'll have to give it whirl later on. Currently playing God of War 3, WoW (again!) and Deus Ex

Well Global Agenda is really addicting so far. Been playing the Demo (Which downloads the full game but doesnt allow you to level up your character past 15) So if it goes on sale I'll most likely buy it.

Well Global Agenda is really addicting so far. Been playing the Demo (Which downloads the full game but doesnt allow you to level up your character past 15) So if it goes on sale I'll most likely buy it.

Can you PvP on the demo? I remember trying the beta a few months ago and the repetitive PvE missions bore the crap out of me. I am more interested in the competitive aspect of the game.

I'm getting the xcom pack also. Screw you valve for making me spend money :p. After this, the Introversion pack will probably be the last thing I get, although I just remembered that Uplink and Defcon elevate my anxiety levels and make me go into slight panic attack mode. Which I suppose is a credit to the games but typically not what I want from a game.

Can you PvP on the demo? I remember trying the beta a few months ago and the repetitive PvE missions bore the crap out of me. I am more interested in the competitive aspect of the game.

Yes you can, you can do everything you can do in the full game I believe. It's just that you can't level up a whole lot.

PvE is boring as shit, but you need to level up to 10 in order to start the other modes such as Mercenary and Conquest.
Mercenary has a bunch of different game types, it plays similar to a TF2 match with jetpacks.
I am not entirely sure about the details of Conquest, but I believe it's basically about joining an "Agency" and fighting for control over parts of large maps.

Basically... the game is similar to both Borderlands and TF2. It's not really an MMO, just a more complex multiplayer with RPG elements.

So, I've now been paid and already spent £38.44 on Steam. Something tells me I should probably slow down on the purchasing if I'm to survive this month.

Finally The Void went on sale, getting that. I hear it's very good if you can handle a difficult atmospheric game with not a lot of action.

I know during some bleak day in fall I am going to be totally ready for this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_nnl5JS0cI

I see Red Faction: Guerrilla is 75% off. The trailer showcasing the destruction system looks pretty cool.

Anyone here think it's worth $5?

Looks like I'm buying Read Fax On Gorillas...

I said I never would because of the impossible physics of a super powered sledge hammer... but I guess I have to now since it's five dangles.

Anything else today worthwhile? Flatout looks.. ok... for two dips. Also, that pirate game looks nice but I don't know anything about it and we all know game descriptions are about as accurate as a guy describing his sexual prowess. I get paid Friday so I figure I can spend a few more doodles on these DEALZ.

I personally loved the penumbra series. If you like the idea of a physics based Puzzle/Horror game then absolutely get this.

I got 5 games today for $17!

Red Faction Guerrilla
The Void
Red Orchestra
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
and Shatter

Flatout Ultimate Carnage

If only I could connect to that shitty piece of bs called Games For Windows Live. Playing online with Flatout 2 was so easy. Now it seems I have to dissect my router and rewrite my registry from scratch looking for ports, UDP, NAT, MTU. Unbelievable.

LOL GFWL is Epic Fail, I had to use it for Batman and it slowed the game down considerably. I know I have a rig now but when its eating up 30k of resources its not going to help. Also recent check says I have 190 games! I wish I could play more but I'm addicted to buying so many games

You guys be trippin. The deals are amazing and already owning the game doesn't impact that fact at all.

You guys be trippin. The deals are amazing and already owning the game doesn't impact that fact at all.

True. Some of these sale games are games no one wants but are made so cheap you have to buy them. Most of them are good stuffs though... just some games I'm not in to or don't know anything about. A few more hours until a new set of deals.

Well, yeah it does because I continue to wait for my chance to spend exorbitant amounts of money on video games.
Already owning the games that are on sale impedes on that opportunity. :frown:

I think i am going to get The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. The art style and music alone deserve the $2.50.

Alright deals today. Grabbed Thief for 3 bucks.

X3 Gold Pack is well worth it for Terran Conflict if you're into flight sims and space economies.

Highly recommending X3 to people out there :p

Myself, I may just buy Thief, seems way too good to pass up.

Damn you people! I wasn't going to buy any of the games in this one, but now you've recommended X3, I just had to go and spend more money and get it + Thief!

I like how warped complains about how he has way too many games to play in some posts, then proceeds to post about buying five games in another post.

I like how warped complains about how he has way too many games to play in some posts, then proceeds to post about buying five games in another post.

To be fair, I do exactly the same thing. I'll moan to friends about how I don't have enough time to work my way through games which I've had for years and since this sale started I've bought at least 30~ games. I'm terrible :(

Back