Picking a car...

You still don't make much sense.

If you want to enjoy life while you're in your prime, why not spend that money on something that you'll actually ye know... Enjoy.

Why not spend some of that 30K on something that'll really please you, instead of sit in your garage and make you jizz your pants 3 days out of the month.

"Yeah man, i'm gonna ****ing live life up to the FULLEST! This will be so bad ass, i'll buy hits NISMO 350z, put it in my garage, and LOOK at it! And dude, maybe like, every other week, i'll actually DRIVE it!

Yeah man, this'll be SOO bad ass!"

So, there's no way he can take it out during the week, or even the weekend to take it to the track or strip and have fun with it? I mean, I'm all for spending money wiser than th at, but if that's what he wants to do, shut the **** up and let him do it...

Wait, did you just say the Nizmo is as ugly as the RX-8?.....*Steam billows out of ears*

So, there's no way he can take it out during the week, or even the weekend to take it to the track or strip and have fun with it? I mean, I'm all for spending money wiser than th at, but if that's what he wants to do, shut the **** up and let him do it...

Wait, did you just say the Nizmo is as ugly as the RX-8?.....*Steam billows out of ears*

I dunno. I think i'm just being a douche because he says it's his first car, and I just can't understand getting something so... NICE... as a first car...

I dunno. I think i'm just being a douche because he says it's his first car, and I just can't understand getting something so... NICE... as a first car...

I bought my first car, a junker as well. 1990 Mercury Topaz for $500 *worth every penny, too....* So I know what you mean, but just because someone is more fortunate than I was for a first car doesn't mean that anybody can be any more sour...

Now, if mommy or daddy was to pamper them with the latest and greatest machine and blah blah blah spoil spoil spoil, then you have something to go on. At least he managed his own money well enough to do this.

Gray Fox - Suggesting cars that are holy shit way too expensive, and shitty cars :LOL:

It isn't, but it is expensive, rare, right-hand-drive, and was never officially sold outside of Japan and a few nearby countries, so parts would be hell to find. Not exactly a good first car.

That made me lol.

Im going to drive it dont get me wrong, its just....I dont think you can understand unless you live in NYC.

and yes, this is me getting "into" cars. When i set my mind on something that i want to learn about and enjoy to the fullest potential. Trust me i will. A lot of my friends are into the racing scene. Go out to tracks and other things. I'm not into risking my car on the streets but you can imagine what hanging out with these guys will do to you.

You might want to take a look at the Nissan Skyline GTR
http://www.edmunds.com/il/nissan/skyline/

But if you're a real man, you would get a

BMW 118d with Efficient Dynamics
or Smart Fortwo cdi
or Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI BlueMotion

Ya man the GTR is ****ing sick, but ya 1st car I'm setting myself a budget of around 30,000. Simply because i have some other goals as well. I was very close to "asking" a few "people" for cash to get a BMW M3 but talked myself out of it. If all goes well. My #3 will be one of those.

Ya and whats the point of having that money at 60 while not enjoying yourself at your prime....That right there is ****ing ludacris.

Nice now i have 72 Million but wait my dick fell off. Oh well. I hate this argument so much. Enjoy life while you can you only have 1. What point is it to have 72 million when you missed out on your glory years. 20's 30's even 40's.

Your 20s, 30s and 40s won't be any kind of glory years if you don't manage your finances properly. Like I said, you don't appreciate the value of money because you have no need for it. $40,000 is an absolutely huge amount of cash, most of us don't earn that much in a year. By all means, enjoy life, but buying a new car - a performance car which you won't be able to make the most of at that - is a total waste of money.

Like I said, it's your money, but if you're going to get shitty with me over it then I'm going to sit here and point out your foolishness. And you'll be kicking yourself a few years down the line.

lol I got VERY lucky with my first car. It is a 1996 Ford Mustang that my family has put a total of $1000 into it. Bought wrecked for $800, fixed for $1000, wrecked again got $2700, fixed for $1200. Blew a head gasket, fixed for $600. We did all the work ourselves and now I'm driving a car with a new motor, a nice sound system, and it looks rather decent for only $1000.

And go with the Rx-8, it's fast, it looks better than some Honda Econo-box, and it won't set you back near as much as a caddy. You can put the rest of that cash in the bank to gather interest.

Higlac, you said get an RX-8, for that I love you.

Auska, you're going to be into the track scene, so why not get a car that is GREAT on the AutoX courses, and looks awesome and has a large big of uniqueness to it? :D

If you want to learn a lot about a car, why not pick one with a very misunderstood engine?!

The RX8 looks like crap. The design team couldn't decide on what they wanted it to look like.

Did you like win the lotto or something?

*jealous of your monayz

Seeing as you live in NYC why not get a smart or fiat 500. I mean anything else, and you will regret it when times comes to park or just generally maneuver trough the city.

IMO the car which combines performance, safety and size, and milage best is the VW Golf GTI, absolutely amazing little car. And unless you have ridden in one don't judge it.

get one of these

1959-Cadillac-Eldorado-1280.jpg

if you dont it you are a pussy

I just got back from a dealer wanted to see some of the cars in real life and.... 2008 Impreza WRX STI (Silver BBS Wheels ($2,000) is ****ing amazing. Thats my #1 pick as of right now. 41,000 with Tax 0% for 2 years. 519 a month some shit... BRAND NEW!

I just got back from a dealer wanted to see some of the cars in real life and.... 2008 Impreza WRX STI (Silver BBS Wheels ($2,000) is ****ing amazing. Thats my #1 pick as of right now. 41,000 with Tax 0% for 2 years. 519 a month some shit... BRAND NEW!

So how about instead of just buying 2 copies of mgs4 you buy another ps3 and send both to me, you know for being such a nice guy and fan of the mgs games.

Seeing as you live in NYC why not get a smart or fiat 500.

lol

they don't even sell those in America. I've actually never even heard of Smart

I do agree with the Volkswagen GTI. sweet car

Subaru is a great choice, hence why I recommended it. I haven't seen the new impreza though. How about some pics?

EWWWW HATCHBACK

Might as well get a Golf, an Impreza hatch should be a crime against EVERYTHING

lol

they don't even sell those in America. I've actually never even heard of Smart

I do agree with the Volkswagen GTI. sweet car

Subaru is a great choice, hence why I recommended it. I haven't seen the new impreza though. How about some pics?
Smart's are sold in America, theres a dealer down the street from me.
smart-car.jpg

I saw a Smart car a week ago driving down a side-street

Looked stupid as hell once you've seen one in person, like a clown car

I saw a Smart car a week ago driving down a side-street

Looked stupid as hell once you've seen one in person, like a clown car

lmao. you nailed it.

i wonder what the WRX looks like now. so far.. ... don't like the new look for the Impreza so much. Also don't usually like hatchbacks anymore

you can surely get a used Turbo Subaru with 30K miles or less for half that.

I like the look of the last model year better anyway.

don't you have parents that talk sense into you?

Certainly not in NY, but in some areas you can build/buy a house for $40K

you can surely get a used Turbo Subaru with 30K miles or less for half that.

I like the look of the last model year better anyway.

don't you have parents that talk sense into you?

Certainly not in NY, but in some areas you can build/buy a house for $40K

As a matter of fact my mom drove me to the dealer today and insisted. She wants me to spend less and buy a used car for my 1st but i dunno. Only if its a tremendously good deal and is a very recent model.

As a matter of fact my mom drove me to the dealer today and insisted. She wants me to spend less and buy a used car for my 1st but i dunno. Only if its a tremendously good deal and is a very recent model.

I agree on getting a used car for your first. Being a high-risk (Read first car) driver, and getting a 'high-risk' car would probably bump up your insurance a lot, and the gas will be insane.

just pleas asuka...PLEASE do NOT waste your hard earned money on an american car....just please don't. Anything american is just not worth the kind of money you want to spend. Please stick to japanese and eurpean car manufacturers, those people KNOW how to make QUALITY cars.

And please, don't even try and argue with me, the entire world knows that when it comes to car manufacturing, sports, luxury and common road cars, america is beneath euro and jap, EVEN when you compare the countries with same type and price cars.

Please, try and prove me wrong. I am drunk and looking for a good debate :D

American cars are awesome foo

Asuka, listen to me for a second. Pick up something called 'Auto Trader'. It's a for sale listing for your area. You can pick it up at 7-11 for like $1.25.

In the Auto Trader, you will be buying from people instead of dealerships. Dealerships buy from people, then wash the car and charge as much as they possibly can. You can save thousands and thousands of dollars. Also, you can sit at home and browse for each kind of car you want, and see pictures of them, along with many important details compiled there so you can compare.

Hell you can probably find something like this online as well:

www.Craigslist.com
www.autotrader.com

American cars are awesome foo

really, there are only a select few who are pretty good, but the VAST majority (espcially at asuka's performance/price range), jap and euro cars absolutely destroy the americans in almost every aspect of automotive performance, looks, reliability etc.

The day I see American cars that are better than the Jap/Euro cars is the day I commit suicide and spread my blood upon my penis.

You are admittedly biased. That doesn't tell me that you must know what you are talking about, it tells me you don't know what you are talking about because you ignore American cars and discount them.

Do this. Search 'American car manufacturer listing' in your search engine.

now, pick any one of those American car manufacturers, and you will find nothing but cars with a reputation for reliability, performance, and well, this is obviously an opinion - looks.

You want details

I mean, A Firebird GTO will destroy any other retail FWD in the world, and on a budget, a R/T Dodge Neon will take next. There is really no competition. I'm talking dealership bought models.

A Saleen Mustang, Top equipped Viper or Vette is definitely in the same league or better than anything else in the world that you can buy retail when it comes to looks or performance, and I would assume, reliability.

And Japan ain't got shit when it comes to stock horsepower. 275 HP is all they've got. You can get an American car that has about double that, for about the same price - car for car. Talk about getting owned.

I used to only own Japanese cars, and they kept breaking down all the time and had absolutely no power.
Car part prices also vary, depending of where you live and which country the car is from. For example, if you live in America and have a German made car, such as a Mercedes Benz, the price of new parts are extremely expensive.

I also owned a VW Golf at one time, it was OK.

For the past 10 years I've driven the same American built car, and all I've had to do is routine maintenance and replace wear items, like tires, brakes, belts. Also have about 245HP to play with and when my turbo dies, I'll replace it, and maybe a few other things like intake/exhaust manifold, downpipe, intercooler with a better one to get somewhere around 300-400HP And I'm talking about only a $700 - $2000 upgrade to get that kind of performance.

I love the Way Hondas and Accuras look, and yes they are fuel efficient, but they are too expensive.

There are tons of foreign cars that I would love to have, and for the record, Mitsubishi is now an American car manufacturer.

I'm not saying I don't like foreign cars, because I love them

Just saying, I love American cars just as much. The only fault was one you didn't even mention. Fuel efficiency. American cars - in equivalent comparisons, generally have more power/size and are definitely not the most fuel efficient. But we also have the cheapest gas out of Europe/japan/US, so it's not as important over here. Asuka even says he doesn't care about fuel efficiency.

thats all i'm going to say on the subject because I don't think this is staying on topic or helping any more.

You are admittedly biased. That doesn't tell me that you must know what you are talking about, it tells me you don't know what you are talking about because you ignore American cars and discount them.

Do this. Search 'American car manufacturer listing' in your search engine.

now, pick any one of those American car manufacturers, and you will find nothing but cars with a reputation for reliability, performance, and well, this is obviously an opinion - looks.

You want details

I mean, A Firebird GTO will destroy any other retail FWD in the world, and on a budget, a R/T Dodge Neon will take next. There is really no competition. I'm talking dealership bought models.

A Saleen Mustang, Top equipped Viper or Vette is definitely in the same league or better than anything else in the world that you can buy retail when it comes to looks or performance, and I would assume, reliability.

And Japan ain't got shit when it comes to stock horsepower. 275 HP is all they've got. You can get an American car that has about double that, for about the same price - car for car. Talk about getting owned.

I used to only own Japanese cars, and they kept breaking down all the time and had absolutely no power.

I also owned a VW Golf at one time, it was OK.

For the past 10 years I've driven the same American built car, and all I've had to do is routine maintenance and replace wear items, like tires, brakes, belts. Also have about 245HP to play with and when my turbo dies, I'll replace it, and maybe a few other things like intake/exhaust manifold, downpipe, intercooler with a better one to get somewhere around 300-400HP And I'm talking about only a $700 - $2000 upgrade to get that kind of performance.

I love the Way Hondas and Accuras look, and yes they are fuel efficient, but they are too expensive.

There are tons of foreign cars that I would love to have

I'm not saying I don't like foreign cars, because I love them

Just saying, I love American cars just as much.

thats all i'm going to say on the subject because I don't think this is staying on topic or helping any more.

ok take the rx-8.....220something HP with a 1.3L engine?! Ok that's not a hell of a lot of HP but still a very decent amount for the price and the engine size. Plus it redlines to what 9000rpm's ( pitz correct me if i'm wrong cuz i don;t know a hell of a lot about the rx8).

Ok, toyota - probably one of the most reliable cars in the world, not to mention their luxury brand lexus destroys any american luxury brand.

Let's compare the "super cars" shall we? Compare a dodge viper to ...let's say a BMW M6...

08 Dodge Viper specs(the basics):

8.4L(WTF INSANELY HUGE ENGINE),V10/6 spd manual
600BHP
0-60mph in let's say 3.5 sec
price = around $85 grand

08 BMW M6:
5.0L V10
500-550BHP
0-60mph in 4.6 sec
price = around $90 grand

ok so americas SUPER CAR vs a BMW M6...viper has a bit more HP than the M6 (but with way less options, M6 is loaded with a bunch of electronic gizmo's and gadgets n goodies etc), engine size in the M6 is considerably less and the 0-60 mph M6 takes the win. Prices are pretty much the same (although i always think BMW is way overpriced but whatever).

I think the M6 takes the cake on this one.

2008 Dodge Viper:
nggshow.php

2008 BMW M6:
BMW-M6-Lumma-clr.jpg

Back