Planet-Halflife E3 2005 VALVe Interview

Yombi

Reaction score
http://www.fileplanet.com/153831/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---PlanetHalflife.com-E3-2005-Interview

Anyone care to download? I don't feel like downloading a 230 meg file today.

"It's finally done and edited. During E3 last week I had the chance to talk with none other than Doug Lombardi from VALVe Software about several different topics including TF2, Aftermath, Lost Coast, and even Half-Life 2 for Xbox. In all, about 15 of PHL reader's questions were asked. In addition, the video footage shows the entire E3 2005 Lost Coast presentation (no audio) and footage from Half-Life 2 Xbox."

Q: Any news on TF2

A: Not today *lol*

pretty much... xbox looks good for a console - lost cost looks amazing!

Minimum system needed for lost coast as he said is 2Ghz, 1 gigs of ram and the latest top of theline videocard.. so it does not need 3,2GHz min after all, good :)

Looks very sexy and looking at the rocks on the beach, it seems like they implemented parallax mapping.

PvtRyan said:
Looks very sexy and looking at the rocks on the beach, it seems like they implemented parallax mapping.
Yeah look like this.....
the rocks actually look like they are models...

goddamn it at least you should say that this video is a big time spoiler of the entire lost coast level!!! I turned it off immediately!!!

I didnt hear CS:S or HL2 getting the HDR treatment.. They better im getting a bitchin Card and i wish some1 would be more specfic about what card to get for lost coast.. I know it needs the best of the best card.. But BE MORE SPECFIC :D

PvtRyan said:

Please, god, let it be true...

EDIT: gj on the transcript, DOD:Source with HDR? :bounce:

wilka91 said:
goddamn it at least you should say that this video is a big time spoiler of the entire lost coast level!!! I turned it off immediately!!!

dude you need to read my post properly... It even says "In addition, the video footage shows the entire E3 2005 Lost Coast presentation (no audio)"

:p

I don't need to download it to know what they're saying.

Q: Whens lost cost coming out?
A: Soon!
Q: TF2?
A: We're working on it!
Q: Aftermath?
A: Holidays '05
Q: HDR?
A: Nearly done with that one!
Q: VAC2 out of beta?
A: Still ironing out some minor glitches... soon though!
Q: HL3 news?
Q: Which way is the bathroom btw?
A: When its done... September!... Holidays! Fall! Within a week! The release date remains unchanged!!!! aieeee!!!111

:p :upstare:

bliink said:

A: When its done... September!... Holidays! Fall! Within a week! The release date remains unchanged!!!! aieeee!!!111

lmfao :LOL: you're so right....

dod:s surprises and dod:s with HDR made me very happy.

bliink said:

Q: Whens lost cost coming out?
Q: TF2?
A: We're working on it!
Q: Aftermath?
A: Holidays '05
Q: HDR?
A: Nearly done with that one!
Q: VAC2 out of beta?
A: Still ironing out some minor glitches... soon though!
Q: HL3 news?

:p :upstare:
so true...
we won't know anything else until it actually happens

I started downloading the file at 2,000 KBPS...yes...on my shitty DSL i was downloading the start at 2000....it started dropping, not fast either, like 100k eveyr 5 seconds. I got 1/2 it done in under 3 minutes..tastey

That was by far the worst editing in a video I've ever seen. Those ugly and badly spelt text interruptions were awfully annoying. Okay you're afraid to reveal your voice so stop saying "okay".

Anyhoo it's looks beautiful. The staircase was superdestructable and the Combine did some cool actions. It was like looking at the HL2 footage the 1st time.

PS: The HL2 Xbox video: Is that Ravenholm in daylight? Blasphemy!

DoctorWeeTodd said:
That was by far the worst editing in a video I've ever seen. Those ugly and badly spelt text interruptions were awfully annoying. Okay you're afraid to reveal your voice so stop saying "okay".

Anyhoo it's looks beautiful. The staircase was superdestructable and the Combine did some cool actions. It was like looking at the HL2 footage the 1st time.

PS: The HL2 Xbox video: Is that Ravenholm in daylight? Blasphemy!
Yeah, it was pretty crappy. Ravenholm is NOT in day :( Oh well...

And yeah, the LC footage was great, and the editing was shitty, cause for some reason, it would constatnly bleed into the footage. I dont like seeing "WILL TF2 BE RELASED BLAH BLAH"

He really needs to give up, his voice sounds the same as a 13 year old girl. That shows how much I don't care. and noone else does im sure. Less txt, more talk, kktnx1-0 no re newb.

PS only good for the Lost Coast footage IMHO

Over at PHL, the guy said he's going to release a BINK with no interruptions.

I don't care if he sounds like a 13 year old girl, it actually would've been easier to just release it without interruptions.

It'd be nice if Valve released part of the Lost Coast as a direct feed bink, although that's unlikely to happen.

Jesus that was the worst video editing I've seen. It doesn't take 20 seconds to read "DoD:S. Anything new?" Also, on the question about TF2, the audio editing was so abrupt I had to rewind just to understand. It immediately cut to "Nothing yet." and immediately muted, not giving a chance to listen.
</rant>

Yes, Lost Coast looks awesome. I like how they demonstrated the HDR with a fixed aperture. My 5900 and XP 2000+ will die trying to render it.

EC said:
Yes, Lost Coast looks awesome. I like how they demonstrated the HDR with a fixed aperture. My 5900 and XP 2000+ will die trying to render it.

Nah, they'll abandon the sinking ship that will be your computer :D

Lost coast looks nice with hdr. The xbox looked to me like it was really struggling for fps in the trainstation.

Reaktor4 said:
Lost coast looks nice with hdr. The xbox looked to me like it was really struggling for fps in the trainstation.
Agreed. That's what I don't like about consoles. If they lag a bit, there's nothing you can really do, aside from any graphical settings within the game.

Now, HL2 on XBox 360 would = orgasm.

Aaargh! Someone release the Lost Coast footage as a standalone file PLEASEEE! :sniper:

I don't want to download a massive, monging interview just to see teh sexeh HDR :(

same ere.. When i saw the video.. I Was amazed it looks like the Spoof HL3 videos.. The only thing that doesnt look real is the weapons :D..

Back