Podcast 17 Interview with Valve Composer Mike Morasky

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
You can listen now over on Podcast 17.com to an interview with Valve composer, Mike Morasky. You can download the file or stream straight from the website. Mike has been responsible for most of Valve's music from the Orange Box onwards with his latest work being most of the music in Portal 2, an OST people have been desperate to get their hands on![br]You can check out the show notes on the podcast 17 site with some of the most interesting topics including: Details on Kelly Bailey leaving Valve, Mike's process to getting a job at Valve, his inspirations, the Portal 2 OST release, The National's song in an alternate Portal 2 ending & much more. It's lengthy but really insightful into how the magic is made.

great interview, thanks for asking my question :)

can we have the sample played in 01:00:00, please?

it's worth every minute, he answers all fan questions

wait, go back to that part about an alternate ending for Portal 2??

You will have to listen and find out more blackout. The Kelly Bailey stuff was super interesting to hear since we've been so in the dark about him leaving.

Emailed you Barnz.

I'm downloading this right now, but two hours is a lot to sift through. Anybody care to summarize what the dealio is with Kelly Bailey leaving?

thanks, glenn already mailed me. :)

Back