Police officer arrests police officer at gunpoint after police chase

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Miami police officer Fausto Lopez was recently arrested by Florida state trooper D.J. Watts for going 120 MPH on the Florida Turnpike. After a seven-minute chase, Watts, with gun drawn, yelled for Lopez to put his hands out the window (video below).

“Oh yeah, I’m serious!” she shouted. Moments later, Lopez was standing on the side of a busy Florida highway wearing handcuffs.

“Oh my God, I cannot believe this!” Lopez said once he was secured in the back of the trooper’s car. “I cannot believe this at all. I didn’t know you were stopping me, officer. … I never saw you."

“How do you not see a car with blue lights in the dark?” Watts asked.

Lopez explained that he was on his way to an off-duty job at a private school when Watts spotted him dangerously weaving in and out of traffic: "It’s a private school, but it’s some high-end people there. I had to get there by 7 o’clock and I didn’t think I was going to make it.”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/mh-police-chase-folo-20111031,0,1392366.story

I've seen plenty of off duty police officers who deserved to get pulled over. They're not above the law but sometimes some of them act like it.

I can never get used to American media giving away people's names like this. What's the damn point?

If he is off-duty why is he allowed to use a marked car and do private jobs in his uniform?

Many US agencies have "take a squad car home" program. In my county, officers are able to get their own vehicle after two years and take them home as they please.

Yeah my dad used to have his own car until he was promoted to a desk job.

Back