Police turn violent in wall street protests

And what, pray tell, would they be doing outside of the hive in the first place? ****ing free loading non-honey collecting hippie bees.

I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans right now. I also haven't shaved in a few days. So according to the troll's logic I'm either unemployed or I work at a McDonalds.

I shaved yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. I am now employed. At least, I think so - I'm only wearing a T-shirt and trousers.

dont forget that you're a dirty hippie. I mean stereotypes are true right? this is what I assume unozero looks like because that's the stereotype

jethro211.gif

dont forget that you're a dirty hippie. I mean stereotypes are true right? this is what I assume unozero looks like because that's the stereotype

jethro211.gif

He's smiling like that because he's taking huge corporate dick up his ass and telling himself he likes it.

he's smiling because he's humming the theme song to Hee Haw in his head

give credit where it's due; these good ole country boys are dumber than a bag full of hammers

Unozero is right at the beginning of the thread about their appearance. It's very offputting.

That said, the police were overboard and oppressive. Yes, they do clearly appear to be stupid people that prevent themselves from being productive in the workforce.. However their rights were violated and the situation was handled terribly (as usual) by the police.

And I stand by that.If anything they're professional College attendees.
bourgeois liberals,the worst kind.

Unozero is right at the beginning of the thread about their appearance. It's very offputting.

What the **** are you talking about? They look like ordinary people you would see walking down the street in nearly any city in America. Some are dressed a little bit more 'stylishly', but that's still not uncommon on your every day city street and I certainly fail to see what you mean by offputting.

Show me the pictures that are so offputting to you... and then lay beside them all the other pictures of the individuals at the gatherings. They look normal... like anybody who could have a job and is just dressed casually.

Shit's ridiculous and you know it.

20110927040725clipboard.png

OH MY GOD T-SHIRTS AND COLLARED SHIRTS AND JEANS THOSE UNWASHED HIPPIES NOBODY WITH A JOB EVER WEARS THOSE!

I dress more scruffy and look more roughly shaven than anyone I know, yet I'm still employed.

And I probably would have attended these peace protests.

Anyway, all that aside, it's completely irrelevant to their treatment.

Those shirts aren't even tucked in. Savages I say, barbarians and destitutes!

20110927080403capture.png

Its absolutely barbarous, I say!
gkP9B.jpg

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssss

And KA, that made me lol because its exactly what I was thinking when I read his post. Glad someone went through the effort to find a pic of him lol.

And I stand by that.If anything they're professional College attendees.
bourgeois liberals,the worst kind.

Yeah, ****en elitists with their fancy eduminication. How dare they attend College when they are in their early 20s?

They're wearing colours that are not White, Black, Gray, Grey, Charcoal, or Navy Blue, so they've got to be commies.

They're wearing colours that are not White, Black, Gray, Grey, Charcoal, or Navy Blue, so they've got to be commies.

So I take it a red t-shirt with the hammer and sickle is out of the question.

Come to think of it, wearing something like that around here would probably get you as much negative attention as if you wore a swastika t-shirt in Germany. LOL

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/4Sp0s.jpg[/IM]
Hey I wouldnt expect to be hired dressed like that or be taken seriously anywhere else than a kickback. (Also being about 2.5 times over the legal limit in intoxication doesnt help either)

Right now I'm in a one tone polo and clean shaven- because I'm at work.

And either way, this thread is about the police going overboard, not how bad some of them look. And some, not all. There's maybe 1/3 dressed the way unozero is referring to in the pic Raziaar posted. Either way, even if they were all in suits- the protest and its ideals are still idiocy. It's unfortunate their rights were violated, though, and I hope the NYPD officers involved are investigated as they should be.

I love how you guys pretend a protest is some formal event where people can't dress casually. The trooth is you are only going after their appearance beacuse of this:

even if they were all in suits- the protest and its ideals are still idiocy.

Instead of providing some substence as to why you think the protest and the ideas behind it are idiotic it's much easier to go after how someone looks. What is idiotic about what most of these people believe, which is that corporations and wall street have way too much influance in our government. That's idiotic to you?

Hey I wouldnt expect to be hired dressed like that or be taken seriously anywhere else than a kickback.
Somehow I don't think the protesters are expecting to be hired either considering they're at a protest and not a job interview.

hahah. do you remember when you joined some fascist political group who's leader dressed like a fascist clown in blackshirt and black tie yet couldnt have been over 90lbs soaking wet? or remember that time you were in your "AY CHIVATO ESSE HOLMES" phase? remember how we all made fun of you for looking like a vato loco? you even started talking like an esse. ya that look was offputting. GOOD THING NO ONE JUDGED YOU ON APPEARANCE ALONE

That said, the police were overboard and oppressive. Yes, they do clearly appear to be stupid people that prevent themselves from being productive in the workforce.. However their rights were violated and the situation was handled terribly (as usual) by the police.

you're making the same assumption as unozero; that they're all unemployed and useless

hahah. do you remember when you joined some fascist political group who's leader dressed like a fascist clown in blackshirt and black tie yet couldnt have been over 90lbs soaking wet? or remember that time you were in your "AY CHIVATO ESSE HOLMES" phase? remember how we all made fun of you for looking like a vato loco? you even started talking like an esse. ya that look was offputting. GOOD THING NO ONE JUDGED YOU ON APPEARANCE ALONE

lol I never 'joined' the fascist group. But I do think they had some useufl ideas for local government (not national, and after talking to a lot of them on forums for more than a month half of them are idiots, the other half confused about what theyre even supporting) And other 'phase' I dont know what you're talking about. Ive always dressed and talked the way I do. Its less apparant to you guys because you dont see me in real life. These waters run deep and theres more to me in person, the people I associate with/grew up with, where I grew up, and things about my past that dont come out on these forums because they dont pertain to the issues at hand. There's also the fact that sometimes multiple people in real life post on this account- but 95% of the time it's me the person in the photo.

Instead of providing some substence as to why you think the protest and the ideas behind it are idiotic it's much easier to go after how someone looks. What is idiotic about what most of these people believe, which is that corporations and wall street have way too much influance in our government. That's idiotic to you?
People can dress however, I just casually mentioned unozero's post was true because people got very offended by it.

It'd idiotic to believe there should be some sort of restriction on personal speech or influence in government by a free, individual entity, be it an individual, company, corporation, or group. These people and corporations have rights as individuals, too, and if people are unhappy with the way their elected representatives interact with them or respond to them, then they should work to vote those reps out. Protesting wall st itself is a pretty stupid decision.

These people and corporations have rights as individuals, too, and if people are unhappy with the way their elected representatives interact with them or respond to them, then they should work to vote those reps out. Protesting wall st itself is a pretty stupid decision.
Oh my God.

People can dress however, I just casually mentioned unozero's post was true because people got very offended by it.
But the point is that his post was not true. He made a totally idiotic statement and you off all people actually agreed with him. These people are dressing for a protest, not a ****ing job interview.

It'd idiotic to believe there should be some sort of restriction on personal speech or influence in government by a free, individual entity, be it an individual, company, corporation, or group. These people and corporations have rights as individuals, too, and if people are unhappy with the way their elected representatives interact with them or respond to them, then they should work to vote those reps out. Protesting wall st itself is a pretty stupid decision.

Corporations are not individuals, they are an entity on paper. An entity that exists only to make a profit for their shareholders, nothing else. What is idiotic is the idea that some people have (including yourself) that you and I have the same political power as a corporation that makes 40 billion dollars a year does. You are truly that naive?

If that were true Exxon mobil wouldn't be paying a lower tax rate than I do. It also means that the bailouts in 2008 would have targetted actual middle class people, not powerful banks and interests.

Corporations are not individuals, they are an entity on paper.
Corporations , or any other group for that matter (except for tax exempt), are individuals when referring to their rights. Free speech, lobbying, etc. Do you feel that they should have their rights restricted by government?

An entity that exists only to make a profit for their shareholders, nothing else.
There is no problem with this.

What is idiotic is the idea that some people have (including yourself) that you and I have the same political power as a corporation that makes 40 billion dollars a year does. You are truly that naive?
It's called a vote- and a corporation doesn't have one. The populace does have equal political power. The problem comes into play when government oversteps its roles and does introduce things like TARP and bank bailouts. I guarantee you we would be well into recovery by now had they let these failing entities fail. It would've been a much harder immediate aftermath, but recovery within about 2 years was all but guaranteed.

If that were true Exxon mobil wouldn't be paying a lower tax rate than I do. It also means that the bailouts in 2008 would have targetted actual middle class people, not powerful banks and interests.

Here we go with this myth again. Are you talking -CAPITAL GAINS- or -INCOME-?

Corporations don't have the same responsibilities as individuals and are never held accountable for illegal actions to the same extent. Therefore they don't deserve the same rights.

Also, corporations can't exist without being run by people. You're basically suggesting CEOs should get twice the rights and twice the freedom-of-speech of normal people.

Also, corporations can't exist without being run by people. You're basically suggesting CEOs should get twice the rights and twice the freedom-of-speech of normal people.

It's not 'twice the rights.' If I form a political action committee does that mean I have 'twice the rights?' It's the same either way. The corporation cannot vote- that is the only right it should not have. All other rights are given to 'groups' in the USA, such as land ownership, freedom of speech, etc.

Are you people really suggesting that we strip rights away from groups? You claim they dont deserve them- can you really be serious here? (IE: Corporations, companies, political action groups, clubs, etc)

As far as dealing with law breaking - that is a breakdown in the criminal justice system rather than any special rights groups/corporations have. The people who facilitated the law breaking from within the group should be held accountable. A human actually has to make the decision and actually steer what the group does. So if that action is criminal, hold accountable the human who did it. if it's a civil violation, then fines go to the group rather than the human.

Don't be so naive. As if punishing a company's chosen fall-guy is justice.

Corporations , or any other group for that matter (except for tax exempt), are individuals when referring to their rights. Free speech, lobbying, etc. Do you feel that they should have their rights restricted by government?
Corporations are NOT individuals. You can keep repeating this but it is not true. A corporation is an entity that follows a set of government regulations and laws. As you just said a corporation cannot vote, because a corporation is not a person. If what you say is true, that corporations are protected under the constitution, then a corporation should be allowed to vote, should it not?

You say there is no problem with corporations being designed only to make a profit no matter how much harm they do to everyone around them. I say there is. We saw this problem in the industrial revolution that led to children working in sweatshops, thousands of people dying each year from work related accidents, and our enviroment being turned to total shit. Since then government has put in place regulations to stop those things because we all as a people agreed those things were not good. Today we see those same regulations being disolved because of the influence corporate america has in our politics.

The idea that individuals have the same political power as a corporation does is absolutely laughable and surely you know better. How many individuals do you know that spending millions of dollars on lobbyists each year to promote their interests?

I like how you call the idea that corporations pay a lower tax rate then everyone else a myth because you don't think capital gains are income. They are income by any definition. Also, I was not talking about capital gains. It is a fact that companies such as Exxon Mobil (who made record setting profits in 2010) paid a much smaller tax rate to the US government than the average individual in this country pays. Are you actually disputing this?

Don't be so naive. As if punishing a company's chosen fall-guy is justice.
It's not a 'chosen fall guy.' The person criminally responsible is the person who executed the criminal action. If my company tells me to drive the company car and run over 10 people on the sidewalk, and I do it, then I am criminally responsible for doing so. It's not 'being a fall guy.'

Criminal issues are far different from civil. In a civil matter, solely the company is liable for damages.

And either way, this thread is about the police going overboard, not how bad some of them look. And some, not all. There's maybe 1/3 dressed the way unozero is referring to in the pic Raziaar posted.

"A thing I talked about previously in this thread is off-topic and irrelevant, therefore I will continue to talk about it."

And other 'phase' I dont know what you're talking about. Ive always dressed and talked the way I do. Its less apparant to you guys because you dont see me in real life. These waters run deep and theres more to me in person, the people I associate with/grew up with, where I grew up, and things about my past that dont come out on these forums because they dont pertain to the issues at hand.

"Hey don't judge me there's more to my character than how I present myself also those other guys look like jobless hippies lol."

Come now, everyone knows Rakurai is a True Scotsman.

What does the constitution say about the right to vote etc?

A corporation is it's own separate ENTITY, but that doesn't make it a person or an American citizen. We use the term corporate citizen. Doesn't seem likely that the constitution says that any entity can vote.

In the UK, companies are governed by the companies act, and each company on formation has a memorandum and articles of association, which dictates how it will interact with the world, and what it can and cant do. It also details the responsibilities and rights of the directors who govern it. Kinda like it's own constitution.

Re joblessness, what time of day was the picture taken? It's largely irrelevant to me, but it might not be too crazy an assumption if they are protesting at 10 in the morning about not having a job. Whatever they're protesting against, they probably have a right to do it regardless of their status. I'll also point out that I've looked worse on a work day. I would, however, like to see evidence that bankers were protesting too...

EDIT: Also, companies in the UK can't be convicted. If there are criminal charges against a company, the charges are brought against the directors, this is known as "lifting the veil of incorporation". In order to be convicted, there has to be a guilty act and a guilty mind. A company cannot have a guilty mind. This must be the same in the US.

/ukfag

Just the other day I saw a corporation being hauled off for involuntary manslaughter. Asshole refused to self inspect and the escalator broke down and killed a couple people! They had to fire everybody and vacate the premises because it was going to jail.

Back