Pope Palpatine: "Saving humanity from the gays as important as saving rainforest"

You should tell those guys they shouldn't refer to themselves as athiests if they aren't.

It's not as black and white as that. They are Atheists in practice, yet they function as if there was no God. Most Atheists will concede they can not know, so doesn't that technically make them agnostic? Like G.D said, these people are agnostic atheists. Most atheists are of this variety. Each term is not mutually exclusive. It is up to the individual to decide whether they have agnostic or atheistic tendencies, then they usually brand themselves one or the other.

blah blah blah.
the pope spewing more bs about somthing ohwell nothing new
i dont belive in any god and i dont refer to myself as athiest i am simply a person who dosnt give a shit

i do
i mean i dont
i mean i do
no wait now am bammed up gj

But you completely believe in the lack of the higher being. The absence of God. That isn't science, that's faith. And faith is precisely why atheists consider theists morons.

Oh Christ, not this shit again..

"If atheism is a belief, then not collecting stamps is a hobby."

It's not as black and white as that. They are Atheists in practice, yet they function as if there was no God. Most Atheists will concede they can not know, so doesn't that technically make them agnostic? Like G.D said, these people are agnostic atheists. Most atheists are of this variety. Each term is not mutually exclusive. It is up to the individual to decide whether they have agnostic or atheistic tendencies, then they usually brand themselves one or the other.

**** the vocabulary.

1) You believe in a God or Gods.
2) You believe Gods may exist, but don't believe in them.
3) You believe there are no Gods.

Only one option is sensible.

**** the vocabulary.

1) You believe in a God or Gods.
2) You believe Gods may exist, but don't believe in them.
3) You believe there are no Gods.

Only one option is sensible.

I agree. :cheese:

To conclude, your Atheist rulers shall soon rise and bring about the new golden age! Popey boy won't know what's hit him! The plan is almost complete...

There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of gods and deities therefor you have to take that leap of faith to believe in one.

Hence while believing in the heavenly pink unicorn is a belief, not believing in any unicorns or equine deities and deities in general isn't belief.

Edit: If you believe there aren't any, that is faith.

Faith in the absence of a higher power. I don't want to have to say **** vocabulary again. Soon I'll be explaining this in interpretive dance.

100% confidence about anything is faith the way I'm using the word.

Faith in the absence of a higher power. I don't want to have to say **** vocabulary again. Soon I'll be explaining this in interpretive dance.

100% confidence about anything is faith the way I'm using the word.

But it's the lack of faith in a higher power.

Sheepo: Out of interest what religion are you?

Oh and I would very much like a private showing of this interpretive dance, if it does not conflict with your schedule.

Option 3 then? The day you definitively disprove the existence of God, I'll join you.

I honestly don't know what it's called. I was raised Catholic, so I see merit and good qualities of religion, where as most people here just assume every religious person is an ignorant, conflict loving, unreasonable idiot who wants to force their ideas on you. That said, I don't believe in God, but I also think he could exist.

That said, I don't believe in God, but I also think he could exist.

By your own definition you are an Atheist then. You don't believe in God, therefore by your logic you are an Atheist. You will find many "Atheists" do not claim all magical knowledge of the universe, they are like you. They simply disagree on how probable the existence of God is. Of course some don't. Some do claim some kind of gnosis, and are as deluded as the religious maniacs that inhabit this world. But they're few and far between. You'll find few irrational Atheists.

I don't view all theists as idiots either, no matter what you may think. They're views may be irrational, but religion has inspired some good. Not a lot in my opinion, but some. Atheists like Dawkins, simply think that the bad outweighs the good.

I think you've confused the majority of Atheists with anti-religious bigots. Perhaps though Atheists are guilty of the same crime. I don't think so but.. :)

Anyway I ramble. I have talked too much and want that dance damn it!

Exactly, I would have to believe in the non-intervention of god on a continual basis, seeing his non-existence in everything and every twist of fate, but TBH I don't think about faith or anything the vast majority of the time, so to claim I have faith in my disbelief of any and all religions and spirituality is just not cricket.

I would hazard a guess that the growing number of atheists within the UK and elsewhere feel the same.

Most militant atheists are state-side, for obvious reasons.

My personal opinion is that I do not believe in any gods currently waved about, they are extremely illogical.

As for the existence of any deities, well....the Universe is unimaginably huge and vast beyond all comprehension. Its possible, but whatever and where-ever these all powerful beings are they obviously don't involve themselves in the day to day affairs of the universe and the sentient little flesh bags that inhabit it, so I just live my life and explain what I observe and know with science, which has proven itself the most reliable way to problem solve to date.

Even if a god did exist, I wouldn't feel compelled to worship him, my life and existence is my own and I wont bow down to any being no matter how powerful.

Oh shit-encrusted Christ, why is there always someone that brings up this stupid discussion of semantics that could be avoided with a bit of comprehensive reading?

Why? WHY? WHEN DOES THE HURTING STOP?

HAHA I AM IN ASIA

HAHA YOU WESTERN ATHEIST ARELOL
HAHAHAHAHA
Agressive atheist are just so lol

Option 3 then? The day you definitively disprove the existence of God, I'll join you.

I honestly don't know what it's called. I was raised Catholic, so I see merit and good qualities of religion, where as most people here just assume every religious person is an ignorant, conflict loving, unreasonable idiot who wants to force their ideas on you. That said, I don't believe in God, but I also think he could exist.

Atheists aren't required to prove you can't prove god exists. That's impossible. You can't prove that invisible trolls aren't running around the room so why don't you accept that as fact? I don't believe god could exist as there is no reason to and the bible is full of human errors that shouldn't exist from a perfect god. Theists are the ones required to prove god exists and they haven't been able to find a single shred of evidence that he might exist. Therefor I believe in god as much as invisible trolls. So don't ask for people to prove god doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on theists, atheism is simply the rejection of indefensible theistic claims.

The burden of proof is on theists
The burden of proof is on no one. I'm a Christian. I don't have to prove anything to you. I've made a decision for my life, and when asked, I will explain to someone why I believe. As such, I will do my best to be a testimony of my faith through love for others (yes, even homosexuals).

The argument "I won't believe anything until everything is proved to me" can get quite repetitious.

I can prove it. The trolls cannot be in the room because they are on the internet.

No.
Those are visible trolls. We are talking about the invisible ones oh great Darkseid.

Please, spare my life.

How do you know the trolls on the internet are not invisible? You can see their posts, but the trolls themselves...you've never seen THEM, now have you?

How do you know the trolls on the internet are not invisible? You can see their posts, but the trolls themselves...you've never seen THEM, now have you?

*Pulls darkseid to a corner*

Put on these Spectacles
"No"
Do it!
"NO!"

*fights*

I'm with Pat Condell on this one. Pope should STFU. Half of his lot are gay kiddie fiddlers anyway.

This thread is now about how I just learned that Darkside is Asian.

Blew my freaking mind man.

By your own definition you are an Atheist then. You don't believe in God, therefore by your logic you are an Atheist. You will find many "Atheists" do not claim all magical knowledge of the universe, they are like you. They simply disagree on how probable the existence of God is. Of course some don't. Some do claim some kind of gnosis, and are as deluded as the religious maniacs that inhabit this world. But they're few and far between. You'll find few irrational Atheists.

I don't view all theists as idiots either, no matter what you may think. They're views may be irrational, but religion has inspired some good. Not a lot in my opinion, but some. Atheists like Dawkins, simply think that the bad outweighs the good.

I think you've confused the majority of Atheists with anti-religious bigots. Perhaps though Atheists are guilty of the same crime. I don't think so but.. :)

Anyway I ramble. I have talked too much and want that dance damn it!

Alright, I'm an athiest. Whatever. I hate vocabulary.

The burden of proof is on no one. I'm a Christian. I don't have to prove anything to you. I've made a decision for my life, and when asked, I will explain to someone why I believe. As such, I will do my best to be a testimony of my faith through love for others (yes, even homosexuals).

The argument "I won't believe anything until everything is proved to me" can get quite repetitious.

The burden of proof is on those making the claims. If you can't provide evidence then your beliefs are delusional. I am not saying religion is a bad thing at all. I am simply saying it's not the rational or logical conclusion.

This thread is now about how I just learned that Darkside is Asian.
N-no, it's not true! Nuri's lying! I'm not asian! It's a skin condition! I have a lot of beta carotine! LOOK!

*stretches eyelids* See?! ROUND EYES!

I swear to God I'm pure-blooded German! I'm of the master race! THE MASTER RACE!

I'm only half-asian. Or...I don't know. It's Filipino asian; lots of Spaniard blood. I have a Spanish last name. And then, the other half is straight-up white. Irish and German and French.

In response to LePopz's video. Its hilarious. Such a vulgar old man. I love him.

LOL that guy looks like a villain from the Robo Cop TV series who had his face melted by acid. :LOL:

Back