Portal 2 Showing at E3 Confirmed

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
A recent press release by Valve has confirmed there will be a special Portal 2 press showing on Monday, June 14th at the Regal Theater in the LA Live Event Center.[br]Halflife2.net may not be able to reach E3 this year (lets hope that Volcano stops soon) which saddens us deeply as we miss out on the free refreshments. We should see some real solid progress on Portal 2 and hopefully gameplay footage.

Considering the game is supposedly being released in Q3 this year, I'd expect nothing less than some particularly awesome gameplay footage from this.

Didn't the alternate reality game's final message already confirm this?

Still, good to see a more clear and official announcement. Looking forward to seeing this.

Just... swim across the ocean!

Portal 2... Will it be big enough for a solo release this time? I mean, portal is a great game, but it's kinda short... For Portal 2 being this year's Valve game, let's hope it includes lots do to :]

Portal 2... Will it be big enough for a solo release this time? I mean, portal is a great game, but it's kinda short... For Portal 2 being this year's Valve game, let's hope it includes lots do to :]
Yeah... this.

Just get a yank member of the forum to go on the site's behalf.

Great news, I am psyched about Portal 2! Interesting to see how it will play compared to the first installment. I hope for a quality single player campaign, because I have some doubts about the co-op/multiplayer. Also interested in the story and excited to hear some new Portal songs. :)

e3 is so 90ish, the only cool part was the babes.

oh boy more shitty games from valve

just announce Left the World 4 Dead: The MMO already Gayben you fat

Make Ennui go or one of the other American Mods.

That's right, I said make him do it.

Send me, I'll ask Gabe the fat-hitting questions.

Er, hard-hitting. Hard-hitting questions.

I'm here.
Oh right, you have to be 18 huh.

Wait, 17.

I'll be 17 by then.
c:

>$400
Holy shit.

It might be dangerous for both of us to go, though. Gabe might perceive us as part of a herd, and he'd try to devour one of us. Ace, being younger, would probably be the one he'd go for.

I live 40 minutes from the Center.

Darkside you're asian, right? Don't you know karate or something? You play a lot of fighting games too. You could probably hold him off while we go to the Atlus stand and get some fodder for him.

you can't go in there without a press pass, noob

Darkside you're asian, right? Don't you know karate or something? You play a lot of fighting games too. You could probably hold him off while we go to the Atlus stand and get some fodder for him.
Not even karate can stop The Blob. If Gabe were to attack, it'd be best if we didn't move. He can't see us if we don't move.

I've been to e3 a couple times with my last job and have no interest in going again. Not that you were going to ask me. Just wanted to throw that out there.

It might be dangerous for both of us to go, though. Gabe might perceive us as part of a herd, and he'd try to devour one of us. Ace, being younger, would probably be the one he'd go for.
But if Ace goes alone he'd still be in danger. Gabe would see Ace's fragile figure and instantly make some sort of attempt at sprinting toward him on his sausage-like legs. You need to be there to protect him with your asian ching chong bullshit.

Shit I'll go. I'll meet up with darkie in SF then we'll go down to LA and snag ace and be like, "this midget is our press pass" and lo.

They better surprise us with a new 'Orange Box', or else!

you can't go in there without a press pass, noob
I would say, given the close relationship between this website and Valve (they still host us after all), it wouldn't be unlikely that the staff could request one through Valve (I don't know how it worked in previous years when staffmembers went, did they just go in as members of the public or did they get passes?).

I'd love to go but I'll be in Europe that time. Hopefully the Volcano situation clears up.

Valve has already said that Portal 2 is going to be a full feature length game as opposed to Portal which was more of a fun experiment.

You're a disgusting fat beast and I can't stand to look at you.

Oh girl I know what you mean you should see my ass and thighs Gabe's fat seems to have rubbed off on me gr8tly.

Back