Portal - "Still Alive" Just announced at e3. 360 Only.

eraser

Spy
Reaction score
New maps exclusively on 360. No footage, though.. looking forward to it.

I say its a free update for PC. M$ likes to say alot...Valve was saying they would do free updates for portal down the line earlier before it came out

I guess...no, I'm completely positive that Valve wouldn't leave us in the dark with their games. But not mentioning the game on PC, makes me a little nervous.

Lets just hope Valve can keep to the release date.

I guess...no, I'm completely positive that Valve wouldn't leave us in the dark with their games. But not mentioning the game on PC, makes me a little nervous.

Lets just hope Valve can keep to the release date.

It's pretty much a definite that it's coming to PC. It's valve.

That doesn't stop the 360 from having exclusivity for a little while.

Maybe.

Microsoft isn't paying Valve for making the game I believe, EA has been Valve's publisher for the past two years and with Steam, I'm sure Valve will be able to get their own release time at the same time as the 360, OR maybe earlier.

Hang on...what?

I don't get it 'New Maps..' :|

As in what exactly?

It's the sequel to Portal most likely, unless Valve explains otherwise.

Valve's been busy working on this for the whole year, and since the only other game they're working on is Left4Dead, than that means they may very well be near completion on this game.

It's not sequel, it's good ol' Portal with some new challenges and advanced chambers. Stand alone product on XBLA.

I don't know how that is going to fit with the story, but sounds AWESOME! Also I hope it will be available on PC too.

GLADOS rules!

it must just be 360 only cause u can probly make those maps the same way on the pc

Good news I guess. I'm sure they'll find their way to the PC eventually through. :D

Well, they put this thread in the news section too...
I'm beginning to notice the mods tendency to not list where they found their information.

I watched the conference?

Hmm, fair enough.
But there were also the Left 4 Dead "Meet the" videos in the news, and the Episode 3 concept art which ended up in the news also.

Why are they doing it on XBLA instead of just makeing DLC for the orange box. Do they really hate there product that much?

Good thing I decided to buy the Orange box on both PC and 360 :p

People actually play this on a console?

Meh I'm sure it will be for pc as well, probably just means it wont be on ps3.

If not then what the shit valve.

Well, lets be honest, PC owners are still waiting for the updates to HL2 and EP1 that console owners got, so why your expecting to get this as well when it's basically just an official map pack, I don't know.

Don't know how accurate this is:-

Portal: Still Alive additional levels based off Portal: The Flash Version, won't include GlaDOS

46 Comments by Griffin McElroy Jul 20th 2008 2:30PM
Filed under: Microsoft Xbox 360, First Person Shooters, Puzzle

There's been an understandable amount of excitement regarding the pseudo-sequel to 2007's "Game of the Year", Portal, following the E3 '08 unveiling of Portal: Still Alive. However, little was announced about the title by its digital anti-heroine at the Microsoft Press Conference -- luckily, Valve's Doug Lombardi spilled the beans about the game's new features, and its relationship to the first groundbreaking title, in a few interviews during last week's shenanigans.

In one such interview with GameSetWatch, Lombardi explained that Still Alive is a standalone version of the original Portal. The additional maps and challenges that were revealed on Gamerscore Blog will be pulled from the Portal: The Flash Game map pack, a 3D rendition of the award-winning web game based on the original pastry-rich puzzler. This map pack, lovingly crafted by We Create Stuff (the minds behind the Flash game), is available (and free) to download for PC portal-hoppers now.

Unfortunately, neither GlaDOS, nor any other "story elements", will be included in the extra content. As excited as we are for this expansion, the prospect of zipping around an abandoned research facility without the accompaniment of an unsettling, sing-song voice just doesn't seem right.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/20/portal-still-alive-additional-levels-based-off-portal-the-flas/

Looks like we may already have it.

Fortunately, neither GlaDOS, nor any other "story elements", will be included in the extra content. As excited as we are for this expansion, the prospect of zipping around an abandoned research facility without the accompaniment of an unsettling, sing-song voice just doesn't seem right.
Fixed.

Haha, we've had it, like, weeks before the 360 guys even heard of it! :LOL:

No new storyline...:|

Its obviously just a small expansion for 360 users because they want some more quality maps because PC gamers get ones for free and can make their own. Which is why it is currently an exclusive, so 360 owners go 'OMG they havnt forgotten us!! :D'. But obviously Valve will not keep it from Steam for long. I'm getting both! :D

YaY Me!

No new storyline...:|

Its obviously just a small expansion for 360 users because they want some more quality maps because PC gamers get ones for free and can make their own. Which is why it is currently an exclusive, so 360 owners go 'OMG they havnt forgotten us!! :D'. But obviously Valve will not keep it from Steam for long. I'm getting both! :D

YaY Me!

Erm...Valve do not need to bring it to steam because it's already a user made map pack that Valve are simply releasing on the 360.

Having gone into a lot of research the new maps are ONLY for 360. There will not be an update for PC or PS3 with new maps that 360 gets. D:

EDIT: These are Valve made maps, not the map pack...

VALVe included fan-made ct_turbine - why wouldn't it release the Flash maps as well?

In before: BUT THEY NEED PERMISSIONZZZ!!!111!1!!

Valve gets permissions. Always. They're awesome.

The issue is, the flash maps are pre-design and well, they were going to do that, but they have already made maps in the mix. Plus there was a contest way back for a pc update soon to hit. But the fact is. When xbox 360 gets Valve Hammer. They won't need exclusive content.

Yes, 360 WILL be getting Valve Hammer. Well, Source SDK...

Back