Post a screenshot!

Screenshot_Doom_20100129_171851.png

...been replaying some old games waiting for the new releases in '10. Pardon the jaggies in Tron, It took a while to figure out that you need to manually configure the nVidia control panel to point to lithtech.exe instead of Tron.exe (which is listed as an installed game by the control panel).

Tron 2.0 Firewall level - I like how big this map is. For scale, you run around on those little platforms scattered inside the rings.

Tron 2.0 Reformat - Run! Every program for himself!

American McGee's Alice - The clockwork beetle revenge. This scene cracks me up every time I watch it.

American McGee's Alice - Centipede boss. He's wearing the medic hat.

If you don't like the specific textures, fair enough, it's a matter of preference.

Or are you saying you don't like high resolution textures and bump mapping? Maybe you like everything smooth?

Those specific textures. They are terrible.

The cobblestones look pretty good though.

The problem I have is the over-use of bump mapping. It creates so much contrast that its actually extremely unrealistic. The engine is simply not capable of creating bump mapping at that resolution which actually looks good. The rasterized nature of the bump map, along with unrealistic specular highlights serve to make the textures look like plastic. Further, the bump maps are applied to simple polygons to make up for a lack of high-polygon modeling, and the result is sharp cutoffs on these textures which are jarring and unrealistic.

On the original textures, the bump mapping was much more subtle, and the low resolution textures were more forgiving for the low polygon models they were put on. Its much less distracting to the eye, and there isn't an abusive amount of contrast.

This is why the fake factory mods for HL2 look so awful as well.

aww why haven't I heard of JFK Reloaded until now. Looks kind of fun.

I liked the AI and physics of the vehicles, and the replay system.

12321.jpg

This made me laugh. I drilled him right in the head yet he's still sitting there smiling. I also love how sometimes the car driver goes crazy, runs in to a wall, and all the people go flying out the top of the convertible.

Yes, the moment someone gets shot they instantly stop smiling. Facial expressions change faster than bullets.

And yeah, I would always try to shoot the driver so that he would die with his foot on the gas pedal, and watch the car slam into something.

Also take a look in your My Documents folder :p

Man my scores are still in there from 2006, my highest score is 470.

Heh. Interesting game.

First Shot: Driver
Second Shot: Agent
Third Shot: First Lady
Fourth Shot: Governor
Fifth Shot Governor again
6th: Gov's wife
7th JFK chest
8th: JFK head
9th: Officer
10th: V.P.
11th: Officer
12th: Agent
13th: Another Driver

Thats the one slightly interesting feature of the game, that it analyzes each shot and how it ricocheted. Other than that, kinda tasteless and boring...

Thats the one slightly interesting feature of the game, that it analyzes each shot and how it ricocheted. Other than that, kinda tasteless and boring...

It's about as tasteless as any other game out there in which you shoot people.

Honestly I couldn't care less that it's JFK, that is not why I played it. If I could get a version that was just "shoot this random motorcade" I would, just to avoid anyone thinking I want to assassinate the president.

Those specific textures. They are terrible.

The cobblestones look pretty good though.

The problem I have is the over-use of bump mapping. It creates so much contrast that its actually extremely unrealistic. The engine is simply not capable of creating bump mapping at that resolution which actually looks good. The rasterized nature of the bump map, along with unrealistic specular highlights serve to make the textures look like plastic. Further, the bump maps are applied to simple polygons to make up for a lack of high-polygon modeling, and the result is sharp cutoffs on these textures which are jarring and unrealistic.

On the original textures, the bump mapping was much more subtle, and the low resolution textures were more forgiving for the low polygon models they were put on. Its much less distracting to the eye, and there isn't an abusive amount of contrast.

This is why the fake factory mods for HL2 look so awful as well.

Hmm, OK. I like some of it, but some of it I could do without. I can't really remember how other parts looked before, since I installed the mods before I played it (for the first time in about 2 years).

But why would high resolution bump maps be less realistic than low resolution ones? Don't you actually mean that the bump maps were too detailed - overdone, as opposed to subtle?

It's about as tasteless as any other game out there in which you shoot people.

Well, you could argure that because this is based on killing a non-fictional person who is also defenceless that it is a tad tasteless, as opposed to the either faceless, or fictional enemies in most other games.

GTA IV

gtaiv2010013123370941.jpg

gtaiv2010013123370639.jpg

gtaiv2010013123284505.jpg

Riddick: Dark Athena
Shame I had to use a crack to play my legit purchased copy because Tages only allows 3 activations with no revokes. ****ing Atari.

darkathena2010020319571.jpg

darkathena2010020319550.jpg

darkathena2010020319530.jpg

darkathena2010020319382.jpg

Great AvP pics, I gotta try that demo.

These are from a mod called Synergy which you can download right on steam. The mod is basically a platform for playing online coop maps made by the mod team and the community (with coop versions of the HL2, EP1, and EP2 campaigns available).

These pics in particular are from a map called Desert Strikes. The gist of the map is that you have to bunker down in a fort lying in some random desert valley and defend it against various waves of attackers.

Sorry again about the quality, FRAPs just doesn't do well with jaggies when using auto-mode and they don't get any better when I have to convert and upload them.

Here's a nice little pic to get a picture of the main part of the fort and some attacking antlions.

Observant viewers will have noticed the dune buggy in the last pic, well this one's a two seater. My blue friend is a damn good driver.

A little secondary base at another part of the map.

There is also a van, as this poor antlion has discovered.

It has 4 seats in the back, and 2 in front. I'll get to the panic room thing later.

Here's a shot from the back seats.

There's a truck too, but I don't think it likes me (those are my limbs on the floor).

There are mounted guns in the towers (not the same as the kind in HL2).

And also this crazy contraption that shoots rockets, but you have to go out and find special rockets to load into it and load them manually.

Here's what it looks like when you're driving the dune buggy and have a passenger.

Eventually striders join the fight, but there are a couple magnussen device spawners to help out.

Hunters too! Ramming speed!

I stop for a moment to admire the road paved with my enemies corpses. Too bad the antlion corpses faded by then.

A few times, the enemy will attack with some kind of biological warfare bomb or whatever and you gotta hightail it to a shelter called the panic room. This is on the wall of the fort, and the panic room is all the way on the other end of the map!

Oh shi-

Whew, made it. They really ought to put a light in here.

And for the grand finale, I finish off a gunship (final wave) with an SMG grenade.

Mkay this looks fun.

Lots of stuff, go away 56k you aint welcome round these here parts!
relic000052.jpg

relic00018.jpg

relic00102.jpg

ctf_2fort0008-2.jpg

Copyofss00040.jpg

ss00008.jpg

ss00014-1.jpg

ss00023.jpg

ss00029.jpg

ss00034.jpg

ss00035.jpg

ss00039.jpg

ss00041.jpg

ss00056.jpg

ss00065.jpg

ss00069.jpg

ss00072.jpg

ss00078.jpg

ss00023.jpg

SS00025.jpg

PSScreenShot0006.jpg

PSScreenShot0007.jpg

PSScreenShot0029.jpg

PSScreenShot0033.jpg

PSScreenShot0069.jpg

PSScreenShot0088.jpg

PSScreenShot0092.jpg

PSScreenShot0112.jpg

Settlers6_00018.jpg

Shot00020.jpg

2005-11-22-195124-de_dusted2B1.jpg

scrn0104.png

My only regret is I never seem to remember the screencap binds when I am busy actually playing. :|

It's about time a dev finally nailed the look of the preds thermal vision.

avp2010020613393875.jpg

avp2010020613374275.jpg

avp2010020613350274.jpg

avp2010020613340974.jpg

Some Bad Company 2 awesomeness.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BFBC2Game 2010-01-31 18-49-11-79.jpg
    BFBC2Game 2010-01-31 18-49-11-79.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 472
  • BFBC2Game 2010-02-02 20-09-21-17.jpg