Post a screenshot!

Those AVP screens are the best that have been posted yet. Particularly like the 2nd.

Bonuses don't carry over for the next level.

What you are remembering is the fact that you can store multiple level ups if you haven't slept.

Here's how it goes:

1) It takes 10 major skill advances to level up.
2) It takes 10 skill advances to get a 5x bonus.
3) It takes 30 skill advances to get three 5x bonuses.

So, if you set all 3 skills that rely on endurance - Block, Heavy Armor, and Armorer as Major skills, it will be impossible to get a 5x bonus in more than one area. Say you get 10 skill ups in endurance - that's your 5x on endurance, but that would also trigger a level up since they are all major skills.

So creating a custom class is required.

EDIT - Didn't see this post, which goes into more depth on the subject:

I'm pretty sure you're wrong...

I've done it myself and regularly get 3x 5x bonuses even with a character not built for it.

What exactly are you trying to say?

It can remember everything you've done, but not sleeping will not change any outcome. It will not allow you to amass bonuses to be carried over for the next level up. (a roll-over) You only get a bonus for what you had learned during that level.

OK, I think I know what you're disputing. I was under the impression it was required to create a custom class:
It's a little easier to level efficiently with a custom class, though you can level efficiently with most classes

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Efficient_Leveling

I was reading something yesterday and it mentioned the Warrior Class being impossible to achieve efficient leveling. I don't have the example in front of me or I'd post it.

Some of those screens are really disgusting.

Me and Pitz going at it in StarCraft
quixvpitz.png

quixvspitz2.png

I remember that battle. Don't know why I didn't retreat when I realized you had a GAZILLION ****ING TANKS.

It was actually better for you since my tanks weren't in siege at the start. Had I moved forward more I would have been able to set myself up nicely.

He just saw an image on 4chan of a predator getting raped in the butt by an alien.

Some Neverwinter Nights 2:

77738629.jpg

77292411.jpg

54569302.jpg

66227278.jpg

41168997.jpg

76957103.jpg

Nowhere near as shitty as I was led to believe, but still pretty dull so far. The AI of your party members seems to be utterly ****ed as well. I'll see how much more I can stomach before moving onto Mask of the Betrayer.

breton100endurancelevel.jpg

:cheers:
The health gain each time you level is dependent upon the current value of your endurance

Therefore to get maximum health you need to raise your endurance to 100 as quickly as possible.

wayy more optimized. I was running that at max and I didn't see any slowdowns whatsoever in all the big battles I've had.

VT2, you are teasing me. Let me finish Fallout 3 and I'll go through Oblivion.

Hey, are there any mods that make the character system suck less, fix the godawful story and horrid voice acting?
For voice acting, you can actually just turn it off in the options and read the subtitles.

I don't know of any mods that change the story of the game. (not much to it. Demons came out of this portal and you have to stop them). Basic generic video game premise 101.

There are some [apparently pretty good] quests that you can download that have their own story, and probably no voice acting.

You could replace all of the voices for the male Orc (for example) with your own voice if you wanted. It would be easy to replace the voice files, but there's a lip-sync file; I haven't really looked at that, but I think I will when I get some time.

Lip sync is a minor focus in role-playing games. Because of the sheer amount of information conveyed through the game, the majority of communication is done through the use of scrolling text. Older RPGs rely solely on text, using inanimate portraits to provide a better sense of who is speaking. Some games make use of voice acting, such as Grandia II, but due to simple character models, there is no mouth movement to simulate speech. RPGs for hand-held systems are still largely based on text, with the rare use of lip sync and voice files being reserved for full motion video cutscenes. New RPGs, however, usually use some degree of voice overs. These games are typically for computers or modern console systems and include such games as Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. In these full voice over games, lip sync is crucial.
Voice Actor
Patrick Stewart
Voice Actor
Sean Bean
Voice Actor
Lynda Carter
Voice Actor
Terence Stamp
Voice Actor
Ralph Cosham
Voice Actor
Wes Johnson
Voice Actor
Michael Mack
Voice Actor
Craig Sechler
Voice Actor
Jonathan Bryce
Voice Actor
Catherine Flye
Voice Actor
Gayle Jessup
Voice Actor
Elisabeth Noone
Sorry, I came across all of this - I'm searching for a mod that replaces any of them. A few of these guys/gals are pretty good, in my opinion.

I found that when you speak to people, their voices were way too loud, which made it unnerving/annoying, so I changed that. I also feel like people greet you too much, and while in battle, they talk a lot, so I reduced those as well.

What do you mean exactly by 'character system'?

You could replace all of the voices for the male Orc (for example) with your own voice if you wanted. It would be easy to replace the voice files, but there's a lip-sync file; I haven't really looked at that, but I think I will when I get some time.

?

First of all I feel like I want to replace all monster sounds with me going 'RAAAWR' and all the human voices with 'HAVE AT YE'.

Second, Mikael was being facetious.

First of all I feel like I want to replace all monster sounds with me going 'RAAAWR' and all the human voices with 'HAVE AT YE'.
Actually, I did change the majority of monster sounds for Oblivion a few years ago. I found my old installation (from 2006/07) and moved all the files over.

[Perhaps] the only one I did the voice for was the zombie. (not sure I didn't even look over them recently) I just took them straight from the Doom 3 mod I had spent about a year working on.

Second, Mikael was being facetious.
Oh, I know. Still, I don't mind discussing it because I learn things.

There are things I don't like about games but I put up with because: not the sum of parts.

I like games that you can easily modify. I see them as a stock sports car that I want to whip everyone's ass with, and so I have to make changes. First, tear all the seats and interior out... get rid of anything that doesn't make it faster or better.

Then replace it all with 2k textures to make it slower and look weird.

Sword circle... grabbing each sword one by one to slash... sounds familiar...
screenshot2010020814152.jpg

Some sort of giant ghost whale eating kamikaze goblins
screenshot2010021913232.jpg

I've heard of freeze ray, but what on earth is this? An ice thrower?
screenshot2010020401270.jpg

Are those.. clowns.. in that last screen?

What the hell are you playing!?

Are those.. clowns.. in that last screen?

What the hell are you playing!?

Sounds pretty normal to have clowns as enemies. I mean they're all smiling and colorful! Plus the boss consist of 2 magicians spawning more clowns.

dnf2010030403222746.jpg

Also power loader
dnf2010030403540465.jpg

The game is Cortex Command. It's like worms with wacky physics and in real-time.

Back