Post Your Computer Desk

Meh

InSDr.jpg

and meh

byFDh.jpg

This is my "home for summer" desk. I move in to my new apartment next week so maybe I'll take another pic or two then.

*photo taken by Canon EOS-1D Mark II*

I cannot stand a cluttered desk. And never turn off my daylight bulbs.

Are you a professional photographer or do you just invest a lot of money in your hobby? :)

Headphones probably.

Heres my mess of a room. Wires everywhere, and a child size desk that is too small for anything.

I think mine is worse. Technically I have a pretty good desk in my living room that I picked up free via craigslist off someone's yard. But after years of stress, bad habits, and my heater being so sucky that it doesn't heat the living room in the winter, I now work in my bedroom. While sitting on a bed, with my laptop on tiny plastic children's patio table from Target. The power supply stretches across my bed. I don't have room to put my mouse on the table so I put it on my bed. My ethernet cable stretches across the room and goes through a hole in the wall to the living room.

Today I had a very long paper to write. I started writing at home and didn't bother going to school. I just sat in bed with candy and a cup of tea that I made last night (I meant to drink it at 1:30 AM but slept through my alarm). And a bag of carrots to make myself feel healthier.

My life is a mess. D:

And my desk is far too crappy to post. I mean, it's not even a desk so it doesn't even fit the thread topic.

Right, I think it's time I stopped lurking here! I read through stuff here everyday, but never contribute!

Krynn - What's a better alternative to Winamp? And the vertical startbar is much better, gives you more room to work with on a widescreen, plus it's neater with a secondary display. It's definitely an acquired taste though!

63 - The speakers are from my hi-fi, they're 100 watts and sound good. I'm no expert though.

Hokey - The monitor does look weird since I took the photo with a wide angle lens. It's a 27 & 17.

Unfocused - I'm not a pro, yet! I'm going into my third year studying Documentary Photography. You can see some of my stuff here: www.felix-page.co.uk

Anyway, here's a couple more snapshots of my room. I'm back home at the moment, which I hate. I bought all the furniture apart from the old bed, and I've accumulated all my stuff gradually, which has paid for itself with photography jobs and keeps earning me money.

The Keanu's were a fairly recent thing, and the heat from the monitors has curled up the paper! There was a paper cut-out set somewhere, I'll try and find it. My favourite thing is the flip-clock, Habitat is so much better than Ikea! When I've got my own place, I'm going to burn every Ikea item I have and buy quality furniture!

lh8a8211.jpg

Here's my printer that I found on at a tip, with ink and everything! I had a Wacom Bamboo for a while and fell in love with it, since getting a tablet bigger than a postage stamp, I don't know how I lived without it! And then there's all my negatives filed away.

lh8a8214.jpg

Finally, a photo of my room as a whole. Come September I'm moving out again, into a very similar room, only it has upsettingly vile textured walls. And I'll be with 5 hipsters. My next aspiration is a set of mounted antlers, just to annoy people really. I will also do a better job of the cables when I move!

lh8a8215.jpg

Krynn - What's a better alternative to Winamp?

Foobar if you want a low overhead player that can play pretty much every file type naively (which is why I started using it, since I had a bitch of a time getting winamp to play flac files). If you want something more feature rich, get Songbird. Its got tons of plugins that do cool stuff, like find artists in your library that are coming out with new albums this month, or who is having tours/concerts and where they are. It looks pretty nice, better than winamp at least, though I still prefer foobar's style.

Also your place looks slick as hell. I don't know if I could stand that sterile feeling for too long though.

Moved back in with my parents so my desk is pretty tidy since I threw out a load of crap when I moved!

photo002v.jpg

Hey nice keyboard. Just got mine last week.

Aweosme ain't it :D

Do you find in games that you can't use shift and space at the same time though? (I use shift as crouch and space as jump). Doesn't work in BF BC2 and source games. D:

Thats because shift is supposed to be sprint, and the keyboard doesn't like you trying to mess with the standards.

What about jumping while sprinting...? I literally do that at all times in HL2DM.
edit:
CLUTTER AND MESS

20100912213050capture.jpg

20100912213135capture.jpg

What about jumping while sprinting...? I literally do that at all times in HL2DM.

Well if it was the sprint key then the keyboard would let him do both, because thats how it works. But if you make shift the crouch key, oh **** no.

Also, I forgot to post my new desk. Designed and built by me : proudface: It folds up into a roughly 30x25 inch space, as shown in the animation i made for it.

img0001ej.jpg

maya2010081315035652.gif

I guess technically I made my desk, too, but it's not as neat. Or I made my coffee table, which used to be my waterbed, but it mostly acts as a desk now.

Long exposure, so not nearly this bright irl, just playing around with flashlight painting. Second shorter exposure with the monitors turned on to use for an overlay.

My god man.

How do you comfortable use your PC hunching over your keyboard and mouse like that, with no back support? Jesus. And how can you see everything clearly on your monitor from that far away?

Well if it was the sprint key then the keyboard would let him do both, because thats how it works. But if you make shift the crouch key, oh **** no.

F for sprint
Right click for jump
Shift for secondary attack(zoom)

AND SPACE IS UNBOUND!

Profit.

I meant shift was sprint not crouch >_< I was tired at the time! :p It works sometimes but I've got used to not using both at the same time, just quickly let go of sprint. jump, then carry on sprinting :)

My god man.

How do you comfortable use your PC hunching over your keyboard and mouse like that, with no back support? Jesus. And how can you see everything clearly on your monitor from that far away?

Actually, the keyboard only sits on the coffee table when I'm not using it, otherwise it reaches just far enough to sit perfectly on my lap. And I have a marble chess board with a tshirt wrapped around it for a mouse pad that sits on the couch. So my posture is still horrible, just in a much more comfortable way (kicked back on the couch with my feet on the table).

And the lens fisheye's a little at 18mm. My eyeballs are only about 6 feet from the screen, which is about right for a 37" imho. I tend to keep it at 720 now tho. Even tho I can tweak Windows to look ok at 1080, I find myself needing the magnifier more than I'd like. Browsing's not a problem at 1080 cuz I can ust ctrl + +, but apps are a different story. So I stick with 720, and increase the icon font to 11/bold. Helps for Windows, but not apps, again.

Moved into a new room not too long ago that's pretty nice. I even have bought the same chair as Fenix off of craigslist

Vegeta, what are those dials and shit? Music mixers, I assume. What do you use them for?

Here's my general desk-area. My room's tiny, so I sit on the bed instead of using a chair or anything:

DSC01784.jpg

Just got the 5.1 speakers a couple weeks ago, and the monitor is fairly new too (it's an upgrade from my 15" CRT behemoth that finally died after 10 years of service) Also, ignore the weeaboo kanji on my main desk - I painted that when I was like 13 and I was all "JAPAN IS TEH PRETTY! :D" >.>

Nice Mokoto poster you got there.

Actually, she is a painting I did a few years back. My PC used to be right up against the wall where the not-black patch is, and I haven't had time to cover it up since I moved all of my furniture.

Also welcome Hakojo, what city do you live in? I'm in Westlake.

I'm in Hudson, and I believe we've met before, at least on the internet! Are you the same Vegeta897 from deviantART, who posted that nice comment on one of my pictures ever so long ago, and who does all of that amazing pixel art, not to mention those Half-Life: Full Life Consequences animations that I preferred to the Gmod videos?

...if you're not, I apologize for this being somewhat awkward.

One in the same! Thank you for the compliments.

Took a quick look at your DA and I don't see anything I would have commented on. How long ago was this? :x

Edit: Oh snap I just found it. Heh, I remember that. I rarely comment on DA so I was confused.

What brings you to the forums anyway?

What brings you to the forums anyway?

My gosh-darned little brother got me hooked on the Half-Life universe for good (I was one of those people who played Portal because it was absolutely everywhere and I wanted to be in the loop), and I kind of left my old forum and wound up here after being continually linked here for information and such. Just made up an account today (or yesterday by now, I suppose), though.

This is our local dog, krynndoggy. As you can see, he too loves anime.

My desk setup
photo0313j.jpg

I'm now using a single large table instead of those two smaller ones, but the layout on top is still the same. I shuffled the boxes underneath around a bit.

My desk setup
photo0313j.jpg

I'm now using a single large table instead of those two smaller ones, but the layout on top is still the same. I shuffled the boxes underneath around a bit.

That's kinda cool. I'm going to do you one better. I want to have a small tree under a sun ... roof? Skylight? Whatever it's called. I sort of want one for my giant Iguana.

Or maybe just go all out and build a giant house with a 100 foot tree in it. Like with a hole so the tree goes out of the roof :p

My desk setup
photo0313j.jpg

Gorgeous wall! That's something like what I want to do when I repaint.

That wall, what is that, gray stucco? Looks kinda cool, like a cubicle.

Back