Post Your Computer Desk

Can't movie players/games with stereo sound adjust to where your speakers are?
Uh, no adjustment required. Having your speakers to the front like that just reduces the "dynamic range", if you will, of your L/R panning.

They should be at ear level or higher, not in contact with any surface and either facing straight ahead if they are NOT separated by lots of space or pointed in towards the listener if they ARE separated by a good deal of space. The subwoofer should be placed on a foam pad to reduce surface resonances, unless you have particularly thick carpet with padding underneath. If you have hard floors or thin pile carpet then it needs isolated from the floor. Proper sub placement can be found by placing the sub in your seated sitting position and crawling around the room. Find the spot where the bass sounds best and place the sub there, and best bass you heard there will now be heard in your listening position.

Even lower end speaker setups can sound worlds better and extremely good with a little work and proper placement. Plus you'll have more desk space with them on stands... and they look nice too ;)

That mid speaker to left actually is replacing my right rear speaker that went out... so, it's more of a 4.1 setup. But, I agree, they are not placed correctly whatsoever. That's not to say I really care, though. These speakers aren't very great anyway. I need to replace them, but the PC speaker market is such shit.

Wait.. Are you telling me your room isn't in constant freefall?

Cute, but speaker stands aren't considered a surface unless you get the tower stands with a flat plane that speakers are meant to rest on top of ;)

Of course if someone was so inclined, I'd bet they could make a maglev speaker....

Moved into a new apartment recently. My "desk". Probably won't change it too much. I actually enjoy this. Could definitely use a mousepad though.

xpOpTtU.jpg

Dunno how you can use a computer like that. Hurts my back and neck just imagining it.

Cute, but speaker stands aren't considered a surface unless you get the tower stands with a flat plane that speakers are meant to rest on top of ;)

Of course if someone was so inclined, I'd bet they could make a maglev speaker....

High current flow to a solenoid/magnet (speaker) held in magnetic levitation near sensitive electronics. What could possibly go wrong? :p

Dunno how you can use a computer like that. Hurts my back and neck just imagining it.

Idk, my monitor is at perfect face level. The only thing that bothers me is the carpet. Loses it's comfiness after extended periods of computering. Could remedy that with a small pillow or something.

Well, if you get tired you could always play chess with the wall.

Back