Post Your GTA IV Stories

Some times you've got to do whats gotta be done Reg, took one for the team there, good call.

I was playing free roam yesterday with a couple of you guys (Tyguy and Psycho mainly) and we were all up above the skyscrapers in helicopters. Then one of you guys...and I don't KNOW who yet...swiped my chopper and sheared my tail rotor off and I went into spiral mode. I had no control except for staying up, as I had half a chopper :( As I struggled with the controls, they had a 2nd swipe at me this time shearing off my main rotor blade. Needless say it was a LONNNNNNG way down...

Free roam rules.

The one problem with freeroam is the lack of a plan of "what to do". So it's all always just random chaos, which is fine, but it'd be nice sometimes to play with some of you guys and have a set plan, like barricading a particular intersection and duking it out with police for as long as we can, using cover and shit.

I have sooo much fun in multiplayer fighting the police, I don't know why.

Yeah, no one I play free roam with ever wants to involve the cops. It confuses me. Invite me sometime, Raz, we'll have an epic standoff. :thumbs:

Just had a free roam going with some friends and we were having a drag down the main strip in Algonquin. We'd line up at an intersection, start revving and then take off when the light went green. Which was great, until the guy in the lead got two tires full of lead, at which point it all went to shit. Glorious, glorious shit. :D

Three Leaf Clover is the best mission ever.

Basically.

Wow.

Yeah, no one I play free roam with ever wants to involve the cops. It confuses me. Invite me sometime, Raz, we'll have an epic standoff. :thumbs:

Just had a free roam going with some friends and we were having a drag down the main strip in Algonquin. We'd line up at an intersection, start revving and then take off when the light went green. Which was great, until the guy in the lead got two tires full of lead, at which point it all went to shit. Glorious, glorious shit. :D

I am incredibly down for that, go on later tonight like 12-1 Am and we'll do it. I wont be able to talk much because my Dad's asleep right up stairs but I can quietly.

I was just playing cops n crooks with a friend. We finally found worthy opponents (our team happened to suck ass though).

We were playing One for All and were approaching the area where the crooks were about to escape. 3 crooks were already piled onto the boat and two more were running to it. I know an SMG isn't going to cut it to take them down from a distance so I glance quickly at my map looking for a sniper rifle or rockets. Luckily I was already heading right at a rocket spawn. I crash next to it, jump out, grab it and pull up my aim. I fire a rocket and blow the boat up just as the last two guys were getting close to it. I get 5 kills instantly and watch the bodies fly :D

Man, this weekend has been full of GTA awesomeness for me :D

We had so many standout moments, but one of the best was deciding to become a pirate (yes, a pirate).

We jacked a motorboat and were cruising around the coast, when all of a sudden we spot a sailboat far away. We thought "I wonder if we could take that?" so we sped up to it and drove along side it. We stopped the boat, jumped out towards the sailboat, caught the handrailing and pulled ourselves aboard. We shot the guy driving who fell off the boat into the water, then found out to our delight that we could drive it :D

To top it all off, the guy had put on some mad freestyle jazz.

Can you steal the tug boats in this game?

yes it possible to steal them.
Daggett and i have successfully stolen one.
it was incredibly hard to get aboard though.
and those things ****in crawlllll.

How does one get aboard anyways? I suppose you could use a helicopter...

Yeah, got yelled at for it, but it was so worth it.

Yeah, I'm down for Free Roam weirdness pretty much anytime you see me online. I haven't yet gotten into the multi player much but it would be a great way to start.

I jacked a car, and the guy didn't want to give it up, so he hung on to the door as I dragged him for about a block.

Gotta admire his tenacity. Too bad I then backed up and ran him over...

Last night, Shamrock our irl friend S3V3NS and myself geared up with assault rifles, body armor, shotguns and bazookas and barricaded ourselves in the Burger Shot in Times square. It started out pretty hectic with loads and loads of squad cars pulling up. With three people and only 3 stars at the moment, it seemed like guarding two doors wasn't going to be a problem. Once SWAT vans started pulling up things got a little rough. Luckily there was a health pack outside the left entrance that was keeping us up and running. The SWAT members running in with shotguns was cutting us down rather quick. We had been on 4 stars for quite some time when Shamrock runs out the left entrance to get the health pack, when a SWAT member hiding just around the corner blows his face off, leaving S3V3NS and myself alone in the Burger Shot. Moments after Shamrock dies we reach 5 stars. Funny enough, 5 stars was rather easy. It was almost as if we killed every cop in Liberty City. The streets were empty, other then about 20-25 blown up SWAT vans and cruisers. Eventually more start to show up. Were running from door to door covering each others backs and running to get health every so often. After about 5 minutes or so, we did it. We reached 6 stars. Mass amounts of cops just walking into the Burger Shot opening fire. We were trapped in the back towards the bathroom doors at this point. We were completely out of rockets and assault ammo. Pistols for long range and shotguns for up close. Bullets flying everywhere, were getting hit from all angles. Somehow we manage to clear all the cops out. But just as we do, more are pulling up. At this point we were both at blinking red health, and the pack had not re spawned yet. Frantically running from door to door, S3V3NS is cut down after getting stuck in the doorway. I was left all alone in the Burger Shot, only to be face raped moments after.
We had survived a good 10-15 minutes on 6 stars. Best stand off of my life. pure amazing.

Something which never gets old. Get a fast car, get 3 stars, get grenades, press B to change to grenades while in car, hold LB to cook grenades, let go of LB to drop grenades after 1 bleep, watch the cop cars go flying all over the place.

The fantastic thing which R* have done with grenades is calculate how the impact damage affects cars. For example, if one goes off just behind you but doesn't set you on fire the end of your car will crumple...and I mean really fold up up. This change in the car shape will occassionally completely bend the axel or jam the wheels so they can't even turn. It feels hugely realistic when driving too...the car really huffs and puffs. I pretty much took out the entire back of a moonbeam van yesterday. Driving it around was like hauling around a hippo by it's nostrils.

Free roam. One person in attack helicopter. Two people in a sports car. Epic chase around Algonquin with the copter pilot edging through buildings and doing fly-bys with the gatling gun, while the driver in the car tries to give them the slip and the other guy unloads on the chopper from the passenger seat.

Highly advisable.

Played at a friends house today.
Had so much fun blowing peoples choppers out of the skies with rocket laucher in death match.
Im so getting this.

Hah! I stole a car from a guy and he started running after me, no problem, I just sped off as usual. I stopped down the road to check something on my phone and got rear-ended by some jackass in an SUV... only it's not just any jackass, it's the jackass I just jacked. He went and stole himself another vehicle and came after me. I get out and a firefight ensues. D:

Another comical moment before as I'm speeding down a tunnel as my phone rings. I press A to answer and in the same moment my car loses traction from a hard turn and flips onto it's top. I'm screeching to a halt upside-down as Niko says nonchalantly, "sure, bowling sounds fun, see you in an hour." I kick the door open and hail a cab... lol.

Another comical moment before as I'm speeding down a tunnel as my phone rings. I press A to answer and in the same moment my car loses traction from a hard turn and flips onto it's top. I'm screeching to a halt upside-down as Niko says nonchalantly, "sure, bowling sounds fun, see you in an hour." I kick the door open and hail a cab... lol.

Haha I can so picture that.
Playing at my friends house, Little Jacob called me about a show, under a high speed persuit with a cop car doing the PIT manuver, i blast him with a machine gun. I turn Jacob down with the line, "You know what, i got some shit i need to take care of right now, some other time alright?"
The way he deliverd it while shoting at a cop car was cool. Like nothing bothers him.

Haha, yeah, that always bugged me a bit. I turned down Packie for darts before, so he says "it's cool, you've probably got people to kill and shit." FINALLY someone acknowledges the fact that I'm a HIRED ****ING KILLER so MAYBE just MAYBE I have more important things to do than ****ing DARTS.

That said, his like for me still went down. :|

Was chasing two dudes on a motorcycle... and I shot one of the guys... he fell off his bike and hit me dead on. For once I didn't fly off my bike along with him, and I kept on going through full speed as he tumbled off me and behind. It was hilarious.

Oh and pink car hijinks.
That little bitch of a mission was fun!

Man, me and four mates played some awesome custom game free roam earlier. We were just messing about most of the time - nosediving with the chopper into people on the ground so that they go flying, shooting out tires, boat racing but we had some awesome stand offs against NOOSE teams. I tell you, there's something really rewarding about swooping in with the police 'copter and getting all your team off the ground alive and well as bullets are pinging down all around you.

Had some pretty long lasting stand offs down in the third island industrial estates, the only problem was was that we weren't coordinated with our weapons. It's all good and well all of us shooting down on cop cars but someone has to be holding the staircases for when the NOOSE teams start assaulting. No time to get annoyed though as it was all so awesome.

So glad I know how to get into the PROPER free roam now. It was kinda rubbish in the lobby - I thought that was the free roam, but being able to edit all the things like weather, pedestrians, etc is awesome.

So glad I know how to get into the PROPER free roam now. It was kinda rubbish in the lobby - I thought that was the free roam, but being able to edit all the things like weather, pedestrians, etc is awesome.

Was everybody going into free roam the wrong way or something?

Nay, whenever I went into free roam with you guys at HL2.net I was never the party leader and you guys were doing it right.

Pegorino's Pride

This god damn mission has pissed me off sooo much. First off, I fliped the ****ing car about four times before getting anywhere close to the real mission area. THat's four retries about. Then the first time I did the shootout, I didn't get to Pegorino in time, and he died. That pissed me off. The next time I got to pegorino and killed the guys, I was driving behind the car shooting at it and it ****ing caught on fire. Package destroyed, mission over... I'm about to ****ing crush my Xbox 360. This last time, I'm on the mission and ****ing... The bad guys get out of the car, but I fail running over the guy with the package... I chase after him and wtf... pegorino is dead...

JESUS ****ING CHRIST THIS COCK SUCKING MISSION IS PISSING ME OFF!

I hijacked a random car off the road, then I saw it was a Dillitante (spelling?), that hybrid car that has all these radio ads for it. I didn't know it was actually in the game, but the funny thing was that the guy I jacked it from was this typical environmentalist San Francisco-ish hippy.

I love the dillitante's lack of engine noise, I always feel snobbish just driving it.

Yeah the Dilettante's a fun car. Driving around sounding like I'm on an electric wheelchair.

Oh and I found out that the hitting cars head on and having people come out of them flaming is a reality. I thought it was a joke. :eek:

I was in a sentinel(might be the trick car, because I haven't had this happen any other time), and 5 times in a row I hit an oncoming car dead on, the passenger came out on fire.

Either it's a bug, or they modeled it since some cars can cause fires pretty easily up near the dash(though not lighting people on fire unless they stay in there).

Maybe they coded in faulty airbags.

Actually come to think of it, the cars don't have any airbags at all... that would have been ****ing hilarious. :D

Anyone else noticed the GPS voice in the flashier cars occasionally says "bing bong" instead of making the noise? First time it happened on my girlfriend's game (I have it disabled) we just stared at each other for a few seconds before realizing that, yeah, that did just happen. Lols ensued.

Hmm I've read threads here of people complaining they couldn't play minigames online.

Epic conversation-
'Hey, did you see that episode of ----- yesterday?'
'**** YOU.'

Maybe they coded in faulty airbags.

Actually come to think of it, the cars don't have any airbags at all... that would have been ****ing hilarious. :D

Anyone else noticed the GPS voice in the flashier cars occasionally says "bing bong" instead of making the noise? First time it happened on my girlfriend's game (I have it disabled) we just stared at each other for a few seconds before realizing that, yeah, that did just happen. Lols ensued.

lol wtf. That's hilarious! I never noticed that yet.

I've heard that, it's brilliant. It's never the man voice that does it, only the lady sat nav. Very nice touch though!

Back