Potato Bombs recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys (yummy!)

I don't approve of keeping the potato skin on... but besides that looks delicious.
However I don't have an oven or a grill here so I can't try it.

I don't approve of keeping the potato skin on... but besides that looks delicious.
However I don't have an oven or a grill here so I can't try it.
Potato skins are awesome, you freak!

Potato skins are ****ing delicious. The best potato anythings are the ones made with the skin still on.

Oh my god...I'm not going to live until I make/eat these.

Remus you are a nut. Potato skin is the most tasty part of a baked or fried potato IMO. Especially fried because I usually fry them in all kinds of delicious spices and whatnot.

Remus you are a nut.

Until this thread I seriously had no idea anyone (in the world) ate potato skins, you learn something new every day I guess. You are all weird as far as I'm concerned.

It's normal around here. If you are served a baked potato at any restaurant it will 100% of the time have the skin on it. Even with mashed potatoes there are still bits of skin in it a lot of the time.

I don't think the skin is edible on all kinds of potatoes. I know you can eat the skin of young potatoes, but the more common type of potatoes here, available all year, has to be peeled. Since we live in roughly the same part of the world, I assume we both mostly eat the potatoes with the unedible skin, Remus.

Well that explains things, although I didn't know any of the other kinds were edible. Here at almost any supermarket you can buy 3 types of potato: average, red, and "young" potato. The locally grown average potato has a thick dark brownish skin, which around here at least is always removed.

LOL @ debate about potatoes

You've definitely gotta have the skin, not only tasty but full of fibre!

Skin is essential. Uncircumcised potatoes are the best, hands down (and on your knees).

Until this thread I seriously had no idea anyone (in the world) ate potato skins, you learn something new every day I guess. You are all weird as far as I'm concerned.

The skin of the potato is concentrated with the highest levels of nutrition in the potato. But most people don't eat for nutrition.

Back