PPL that have already Pre-Ordered HL2

Apollo 13

Reaction score
I wanted to know how do u know if your getting the game that has the multiplayer option? Also can someone give me a link of a respected place to place my order.. I don't want to be buying the single player set.

I don't know if im getting the multplayer one, but the place I pre ordered it from allows me to cancel it anytime, even when its here, free of charge. Also the pre-order was free too!

why would u want to miss out on all the great mods? Thats the main reason why im buying this game. Buying the MP will save u money....think about it.. when the mods come out you will have a free game to play.

gah no I diddn't mean that im not gonna buy it, I mean that im not sure weather my pre-ordered one is the mp one. If it isn't ill buy it somwhere else.

I know my pre-order is the full version because it's the only version available and it doesn't say it's SP only.

mrchimp said:
I know my pre-order is the full version because it's the only version available and it doesn't say it's SP only.

Same here.

Im assuming I'm getting the full, as my 9600 came with the coupon (which has been frozen in carbonite for safe keeping)

When I preorderd I asked what version I would get and he told me I would get the best version.

So it will be fun to see what he ment with that.

bought it on amazon.co.uk and it was listed as Single and Multi player after I emailed them asking. Got it for £20 from £24.99 as i got a free amazon voucher from a government scheme :D awesome or what?

I quess im going to have to wait until the game comes and buy it at a store, because im not taking any chance of getting the single player.

Well considering that the sp only game will probably be about 30-40 bucks and i pre-ordered mine for 50 bucks,i'm assuming i'm gonna get both mp and sp and also i believe i heard somewhere that there only take pre-orders on the game with both mp and sp.

also if ur worried give the company you pre-ordered from a call.

[MLB]Loser said:
www.ebgames.com $49.95 US. SP & MP.

Thats the same place I pre ordered and I just went there to confirm if its MP like you mentioned in your post but I read every piece of info there nothing was mentioned on MP besides maybe the reviews.

As far as EB Games the info they presented said a massive single player with 12 chapters. There is no sys specs nothing.

Could you be a bit more specific in terms with what you read that mentions MP.

Aslo seeing Im buying from EB games Im not really worried if they send a SP there probably the best game company on this planet as far as how they treat there costomers I broke my D2LOD CD 6 months after buying it and they just switched games with me and gave me a new one when I didnt even have the reciept. I called and said I broke my game they said come one down!!

Buying form other companies if you open it up be carful they may not return it..
Hope we all get the MP vers. there will be more of you to kill :cheers:

I don't think they're gonna have the "lite" version avilable until after the game is out. So, I think if you preorder it, your getting the full.

Unless you can choose from who you perorder it from.

See, like me, I have mine payed off already. And it was 50 some bucks, so I know its the full version.

i thought places like eb games wouldent even have the lite one, I heard its more of a wallmart thing

I preordered at gamestop for 50 dollars. I don't know how much 50 dollars is gonna get me however.

yea, from what i understand the full version is 50 bux and in the major game places. The lite sp version is like 20 bux and in wal-mart and places like that. at least that's my understanding, but if possible i'd want the special edition one for like 80 bux.

Dunno, been on preorder since August last year... :borg:

So what will all of u do if you end up getting the SP version? Im waiting so see what everyone else gets before I buy it. I don't want to be in a rush and pay for a SP only game.

I'd love to know if anyone has heard either Valve or ATI confirm if the ATI voucher deal will come with SP + MP.

Dark Angel said:
I just went to wallmart and got the linky for ya http://www.walmart.com/catalog/sear...query=half+life+2&Continue.x=20&Continue.y=11 no SP over there so this SP rumor is just that a rumor every place i have seen is selling only one version of the game..

There is a prima / mod maker / behind the game / books being sold seperatly over there.

Wal-Mart.com makes me laugh.. it says the XBox version of HL2 is going to be out before the PC version..

Oh well, the SP only version isn't a rumor, VALVe confirmed it. Infact, they referenced Wal-Mart, saying places such as it (and Target, etc) will be the ones carrying the SP only version.

The game just isn't close enough to shipping, such is why companies don't have all versions of the games in their systems yet.

walmart (no capitalization intended) is a disgusting company I'm never buying from them ever. They censor the music CDs... disgusting
.......................................................:bounce::bounce:
:sniper:..........................................WALMART

SCORE!!!! :thumbs:

I ordered mine a long time ago, way before all the talk about different versions being released. PreOrdered on http://shop.game.net. I notice now they have taken HalfLife 2 off the coming soon list :LOL:

I got my preorder in my local EB on September 26th I think.
The reciept still is sitting safely in my wallet.

MaxiKana said:
I don't know if im getting the multplayer one, but the place I pre ordered it from allows me to cancel it anytime, even when its here, free of charge. Also the pre-order was free too!

can you give me a link of the store (or site ) i would like to see what's it about

bme, EB Games (www.ebgames.com) will allow you to pre-order with no money down and cancel anytime. They just require a credit card to hold it... then they charge you and ship it when it comes in.

Back