Predators

TwwIX

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42632

Adrien Brody has the lead. Scroll down for the rest of the cast.

Looks like they're trying to capture the spirit of the original movie with this multi cultural cast. I was optimistic at first but then i heard that they drastically changed the original script.

You can hear the details here http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-first-look-at-robert-rodriguez-s-predators-8112

And judging from the cast, most of it is likely true.

I honestly liked Rodriguez's original draft. Arnie is more than likely to come back to movies when his term ends. He could have waited for him and done that script instead. Even if he is not coming back, he could have easily replaced Dutch with Adam Baldwin's character from Predator 2. They even hinted at it at end of the second movie.

"Don't worry, asshole. You'll get another chance."

He has the physique as well as the acting chops.

Well, anyway. Let's hope that it isn't another travesty ala Aliens vs. Predator.
Those two shitty movies tainted both of the franchises.

Well ... Predators is a pretty shit franchise, there's never been a good one ... but then again Rodriguez is pretty consistently awesome when he's not doing kids films. So based on the merits of the director and the fact that he seems to be picking a decent cast I'm hopeful for a decent action movie.

Not quite as bewildering as Aaronofsky doing Robocop though, still haven't wrapped my head around that one.

Predator was awesome.
Get out.

Well ... Predators is a pretty shit franchise, there's never been a good one ... but then again Rodriguez is pretty consistently awesome when he's not doing kids films. So based on the merits of the director and the fact that he seems to be picking a decent cast I'm hopeful for a decent action movie.

Not quite as bewildering as Aaronofsky doing Robocop though, still haven't wrapped my head around that one.

Predator franchise is shit? GTFO! Now!

Well ... Predators is a pretty shit franchise, there's never been a good one ...
You're trollin' us, mother****er. I don't care who you are back in the world, you talk shit like that one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?

Adrien Brody as the lead? :|

Well... at least they got Machete in the cast so. :LOL:

Predator 2 was underrated tbh. It's not a bad movie. Does anyone remember the freezer/meat storage scene?

Predator 2 was underrated tbh. It's not a bad movie. Does anyone remember the freezer/meat storage scene?

no i don't remember because that entire movie was a bad movie

Soldier, sniper, demoman, scout, uh...ninja, spy, heavy. Aside from Hanzo, this is Predator Fortress.

2ujinlt.jpg

I was really jazzed up when I heard Predators was going to flesh out the Yautja; their homeworld, their culture, alien races they encounter/hunt, and focus directly on them. I even got my hopes up that maybe there wouldn't be any humans in this at all. After all the early reports spoke specifically about exploring the predators themselves. But now it's a franchise reboot with a multiracial cast of TF guys fighting roided out predators. I can't say I'm happy with what I've heard thus far, but hopefully it'll turn out good (or even great).

I am disappointed though that this is another predator movie with humans gone by and no Machiko. I was hoping when the reviewer mentioned a cameo it might be her, but...wishful thinking.

I liked it very much. I honestly don't understand why it is disliked by so many.
I think people were disappointed because it didn't Arnold in that one too.
It had a good cast and premise. It also expanded on the Predator universe without completely demystifying them.

My only real problem with Predator 2 was that Danny Glover is an unconvincing Yautja-pwner. I try to pretend he's Dwayne Johnson.

Wait, Adam Baldwin was in Predator 2? I need to re-watch that apparently.

Yes, IIRC he's one of the "oh we're not going to listen you, and die" guys.

Great film. What always puzzled me was how Busey's body stayed in the air after the disc went right through the meat and his body.

Predator franchise is shit? GTFO! Now!

Come on? You're all being ironic right? People actually like those movies?

I'll admit the creature itself is pretty ****ing cool, love the concept of an alien race hunting humans for sport. But the movie (first one at least) was just a generic cheesy 80's action movie.

If by generic cheesy 80's action movie, you mean ****ing awesome action movie from the 80s then yes.

Come on? You're all being ironic right? People actually like those movies?

I'll admit the creature itself is pretty ****ing cool, love the concept of an alien race hunting humans for sport. But the movie (first one at least) was just a generic cheesy 80's action movie.

If you do not like these movies, what are you doing here? You're not contributing anything useful to the discussion. We get it. You do not like it. Move on.

Back