Prescription drugs

CrazyHarij

Reaction score
I recently bought some euroshopper ravioli which is super cheap... and crappy. After 12 hours it turned my stomach inside out and caused some of the most intense pain i've ever experienced.

I called the emergency hospital and they arrived with an ambulance. Funny thing is one of the TV stations here in sweden have a running documentary series about the hospital in my town Uppsala, so a guy with a camera was in the ambulance and asked me if he could film. I thought why the hell not, so off we went.

When i got to the emergency recieving room, i was put on one of those hospital rollable beds and had 3 camera and microphone guy around me, while the emergency "half-doctor" asked me about my symptoms.

They rolled me into a waiting room, but warned me there would be quite a queue since there were too many people needing help. One of the camera guys asked me to sign a form that would let them air the thing in January. I signed it.. I thought about the queue thing, since there were a handful of people lying in the waiting room. "Sure I'll wait, can't be THAT bad can it?".

Enter the most horrible 12 hours of my life.

Basically, I had to go to throw up at least 4 times every hour just to be able to lie down without intense pains, and I could fall asleep for 15 minutes or so until I had to go throw up again. I tried to tell them to get me fixed, but they said there were just A LOT of people with big problems that the doctors had to treat first. I guess they thought I just had some "tummy ache". I vomited every drip of water i drank. I vomited my own saliva. I vomited stomach acids, and the acids turned greener and greener.

When I had been doing this for 11 hours, begging these charlatans to give me something painkillers, but they were all nurses and couldn't prescribe or give me shit, i finally started vomiting a little blood, so they FINALLY sent a doctor.

She took some blood samples, went away from an hour, while i listened to a 18 year old girl cry because she'd fallen on her face with a bike and thought her face was disfigured, she wouldn't' even watch herself in a mirror.

A woman born in 1918 was lying on the bed next to me, someone asked her about history and she was all like, "what the hell, so much shit's happened, how do you think I'm gonna remember anything???" Hahaha :D

So, i finally got a little cocktail of painkiller and antiacid, went away on a morphine like trip for 3 hours. Then the doctor woke me up and told me she'd prescribe some painkiller stuff. I said sure, thanked her for her help. She said I'd get no more than 3 pills, and i thought she meant all the pills I'd get.

But alas I went to the medicine store and got my pills, turned out I got 50(!) stool pills of diclofenac for VERY cheap.. And I'm supposed to take 3 per day.

So basically, I've got 50 ass pills sitting around, I probably won't need more than 10 until this thing blows over. They are supposed to induce minor hallucinations, bring a little high and **** your liver up a bit. The effects haven't really come right now, but i'm not even 20 minutes in, and they'll last 8 hours.
My friends are so anxious to hear about the effects, and want to mix it with alcohol even though it's supposed to be dangerous. Bunch of desperate junkies..

So, um should I sell them the remainders of the pills? And tell me about your prescription drug experiences.

Oh and yeah, **** you ravioli.

All that from ravioli? Was it made in 1952?

Also don't sell the pills on, your 'junkie' friends sound like idiots if they want to willingly mix it with alcohol. Don't flood your already overflowing hospitals with junkies, the people with genuine problems will suffer the most.

Wow that was a really dick move by ravioli. Why don't you report it to the mods, maybe he'll be banned.

It's a very soft drug. Makes me a bit dozy and it's nice to listen to music. Deals real well with the stomach pains. Not more than that but I like it.

Oh, you Swedes and your liberal drug laws. I knew it would be the death of you.

If you can convince them they need to take both the alcohol and the pill anally, then yes, sell it to them.

<insert crazy story here>

as bad as I feel for you for what you endured this is the funniest story I've read all day. the bad ravioli, the tv camera crew, the girl with the freakish face, the green puke = instant classic. please for the love of god record that program when it airs and post it here.

Hope you get better and dont ever cheap out on food; spend the extra quarter for better quality ravioli next time :)

Oh and yeah, **** you ravioli.

1227019022673fr0.jpg

Haha, glad to hear Stern, I'm going to avoid Euroshopper for a while I think :).
Yeah I'm throwing the other can out the window.

Actually I feel very good right now. Pain is subsiding and I'm giving myself an excuse to take it real easy.

Yeah I'm already laughing about the whole thing, it's so funny how perspective changes once you're not in that terrible moment.

The girl's face was actually completely fine. She just thought it was terrible. I just wanted to scream to her to shut the **** up because there were people there with real pain and issues, but I didn't.

After a while she seemed to calm down, and talked with the daughter of the real old lady. It was so funny hearing her use "complex" words like getting into pedagogics and sales opportunities, when just a few minutes before she'd been sulking like the littlest girl.

Yeah I'm totally going to watch every single episode of that show until I show up and record it. ****in' lol

They gave you diclofenac with a GI bleed? That is the biggest and most obvious contraindication that there is for diclofenac. It's not a stool pill either, it's a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug and I have never heard of anyone ever getting high on it or having hallucinations but I'm not a pharmacist. Though it would make sense if you had a codeine/diclofenac mix.

Vomiting complaints in high volume ER's don't get attention since mostly they are caused by viral 99% of the time and not much can be done. The best thing to do is to try and treat at home with gravol or whatever anti-nausea drug you have and wait it out. If it lasts over 8 hours then you need to been seen since and if you notice blood in your vomit or stool. Green vomit isn't terrible since it just shows whatever was in your stomach at the time was starting to be digested, it seems bad but isn't terrible.

OH AND Yeah, I forgot, half of uppsala is closed down by the cops right now. There's a bomb threat going on.

It was so funny because I talked with an immigrant at a store, and he was like, "I don't understand this. If you want to blow something up, you don't warn the cops right?"

They gave you diclofenac with a GI bleed? That is the biggest and most obvious contraindication that there is for diclofenac. It's not a stool pill either, it's a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug and I have never heard of anyone ever getting high on it or having hallucinations but I'm not a pharmacist.

That's what I've been hearing. It wasn't a gastrointestinal bleed, it was just my throat from being sore from all the vomiting. Effects vary alot. I'm finding it hard to walk and stuff right now, and I know it's an NSAID, but it's got relaxative associations. It's not diclofenac only, it's some version of it with a few crystalline additives and dioxides.

That's what I've been hearing. It wasn't a gastrointestinal bleed, it was just my throat from being sore from all the vomiting. Effects vary alot. I'm finding it hard to walk and stuff right now, and I know it's an NSAID, but it's got relaxative associations. It's not diclofenac only, it's some version of it with a few crystalline additives and dioxides.

Effects always vary a lot, that is given. Oro/laryngopharynx bleed from vomitting though? The esophagus usually ruptures/tears first but I have heard of stranger things have happening. As for what is in your diclofenac, I have no idea.

Based on your experiences, Sweden really sucks.
You should sue the company.

This one time I took a sleeping pill.
First I was really tired.
Then I fell asleep.

One time I woke up with an extremely horrific pain in my neck, and cried for 4 hours unable to move. Was finally able to get up, but my neck was stuck on its side and if I moved it I would hurt extremely bad. So I went to the Doctor and they gave me some vicatin and muscle relaxers, but they didn't do shit nor get me high.

Prescription drugs are a complete waste if they don't get you high. yeah...

One time I woke up with an extremely horrific pain in my neck, and cried for 4 hours unable to move. Was finally able to get up, but my neck was stuck on its side and if I moved it I would hurt extremely bad. So I went to the Doctor and they gave me some vicatin and muscle relaxers, but they didn't do shit nor get me high.

I've had this too. One day I was sat at my computer when I heard a massive 'ping' sound in the back of my neck, then I was in absolute agony. Had to lie down and tilt my head to one side in order for the pain to be slightly alleviated. Took about 2/3 weeks of physiotherapy on my neck and having it in a foam neck cast for it to get fixed again.

Bad times.

Wierd, I recall something of that sort happening to me too, though I just eventually forced myself to ignore the pain and look straight. Pain stayed all day and the next, but didn't even happen again.

When your puking reaches haematemesis, then you know you're ****ed.

Get well soon mate.

When your puking reaches haematemesis, then you know you're ****ed.

Get well soon mate.

It was just from my throat being sore.. just a few drips. I'm getting better already. The butt pills seem to be working.

My friends are so anxious to hear about the effects, and want to mix it with alcohol even though it's supposed to be dangerous. Bunch of desperate junkies..

So, um should I sell them the remainders of the pills?

You need new friends.

Those words shall never pass my lips.

Jesus mate that sucks. Thank god for pharmaceutical companies eh?

I'd like it even more if the side effect was some cool acid trip or something, but I sooo can tell when it stops working, because it suddenly gets difficult to think because of the pain. I'm barely within the 3 per 24 hour limit, but I'm not going to exceed it. Yeah, I'm soo glad to have this.

Thanks anyway. I kinda got an idea of what these people have to deal with on a daily basis, and god they're doing a good job in that mess.

You need new friends.

wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, so no

Wierd, I recall something of that sort happening to me too, though I just eventually forced myself to ignore the pain and look straight. Pain stayed all day and the next, but didn't even happen again.

This happened once before, with the same dicking ravioli, but I "fought" through the pain. It took three-four days then. 24 hours after my treatment I'm beginning to feel pretty good. definitely not touching that stupid ravioli shit again, my god I wringed when i saw the other can in my fridge

It reminds me that one day i slept on only one side and in the morning my shoulder pained like hell and i couldn't move my arm. It went away in couple hours but i still sometimes have difficulties sleeping on that side.

It's a very soft drug. Makes me a bit dozy and it's nice to listen to music. Deals real well with the stomach pains. Not more than that but I like it.

Lol... it simply sounds like Tylonal PM.

What the ****? I eat Euroshopper ravioli at least once a week. D:

I got food poisoning twice in my life.

I'm determined to never let it happen again.

What did you actually contract, CrazyHarij? Was it a virus? Food poisoning?

What did you actually contract, CrazyHarij? Was it a virus? Food poisoning?

I went to another doc today at a smaller clinic and it was really odd.

First of all the diclofenac prescription was apparently stupid as hell, since you're not supposed to take it for more than 5 days (yet i got 50 pills and been taking it for a week). It also ****s with your stomach, may increase stomach soars and liver crap, generally real stupid. Guess you can't blame the E.R with all the people they have to take care of in such a short time.

I got a new drug thrown at me, losec, that's apparently going to work faster. I didn't get it out yet.
Gotta love pharmacists. "That isn't even meant to work, not on you anyway, here, have this instead!"

She tought the package of ravioli could either be faulty, or that I am allergic to parmesan cheese, which I really doubt! I don't really like the smell of it but it can work in some foods where I use it in spice form. Never got sick of it that way anyway.

Anyway, this wasn't the weirdest part.
The most unexpected thing was I got diagnosed with mild depression!
Long story but the main thing is she was positive my stomach sickness is stress-related.
I have such prejudice against the word depression itself that i won't even touch it with a pointy stick, but some of what she said made sense, and there are some personal things that correlate with it. I'm not going to go into detail but things like sleeping problems and motivational issues.

Her idea was that I'm more resistant to the serotonin that's naturally produced, so I'm adviced to try out some serotonin enhancers and see what happens. It could very well be worth it.
It's all really weird though :) It's the kind of angle I wouldn't really expect in my life right now, I'm so content about alot of aspects in my life. Right now I have a lot of money issues, that might be the source of the problem.
Thing is I always expected depression to be related to social anxiety (or wristcutting), but that's the area I have the least problems with, I'm the most social person I know. But I have problems with my economy, studying habits and stuff. My anxieties are around those things I guess. I don't know, that is pretty natural, but hey, it's free drugs nonetheless.
But how the hell do you rationalise things like this if you have any amount of self respect? Or am I being immature? :p

Prepare to become a limp, cane-using bitter Vicodin addict.

Also, your friends wanna use your bum pills?

Back