Prima Strategy Guide

czrsink

Reaction score
I was in PC World. It was on the shelf. I couldn't resist...I had a peek, and ended up reading it for about 30 minutes.

All I can say is...don't give in to tempatation! :angry:

czrsink said:
I was in PC World. It was on the shelf. I couldn't resist...I had a peek, and ended up reading it for about 30 minutes.

I've been looking for 'Raising the Bar' all bloody day... no luck. :(

:) I am gonna look for Raising the Bar today after school.

I was told that stock wasn't being delivered till yesterday, late PM. Although I would have expected most stores to have it by now. None in PC World either.

Oh man. Not that hard to say to yourself not going to read this.

Im going to call my gamestop see if they got Raising the Bar yet.

Having read it, I still don't feel like I've been let down, in fact it makes me want to play it even more, just to experience it in real-time.

It really is going to blow everything else away.

Does anyone know if any stores in Nyc got Raising the Bar yet? I need it NOW!

i phoned game and he said they had niether the strategy guide or raising the bar in stock.......but others say otherwise!!!!!!!

I still don't quite understand why Valve opted to have the books released before the game, on the same day, or a few days later, maybe. Weird choice, I thought.

I'm not going to buy Raising the Bar, and I wouldn't buy the Prima guide if it wasn't in the gold package.

heh i think you guys have a pretty low will power. i have had the prima guide here for a few days laying on my desk - not even opened once. (ok i opened it to check the install instructions when i was argueing with someone.) i mean its each to their own - but i personally would feel i ruined the game by reading all about it after waiting for so long...

gargh! no Raising the Bar today......

Does the RtB book only sell in shops that are games based, or in normal bookstores to? since there is no games based store im my town(village:p) :,(

RtB should be in your normal book store - though you might have to go to one in Oslo to get it if you're in a smaller town.

Tweaks said:
heh i think you guys have a pretty low will power. i have had the prima guide here for a few days laying on my desk - not even opened once. (ok i opened it to check the install instructions when i was argueing with someone.) i mean its each to their own - but i personally would feel i ruined the game by reading all about it after waiting for so long...

Eh, I can see how it's killing some people not to be able to open it and read a bit (or from cover to cover) but everytime I think about spoiling myself, I realize just how long I've been waiting, and that there are less than four days left.

The guide has been sitting here on the desk for four days now and I haven't checked any spoilers yet. I read the difficulty settings section and closed it up. I'm just too excited about the game to ruin it at this stage, I guess.

-UnmarkedOne

I'll be checking out B&N later today to see if they have Raising the Bar. I wouldn't buy it (especially now since I just lost my job :p ) but I'd deffinitely like to read it :D

Hmm just another reason for me to wait the two weeks it looks like im gonna be have to...

ok I dont know what the poster of this message was refering too..the hint book or the raising the bar?? I will asume they mean the hint book and I would not touch that with a 10 foot pole..I mean regardless of spoilers galore why would anyone ever want this guide for a FPS??? I can understand buying one for rome: total war (which I did) but for FPS?? that kinda of a waste if you ask me. Now the raising the bar may have spoilers in it but I am sure they are few and far between, I will be reading that after work today in either eb or B & N I would like to hear more about valve and the processes they went through and how things were thought out.....cant wait

czrsink said:
I've been sitting on my copy of the game guide for two days now. I refuse to read it, but its been hard not peeking. I did check out the first few pages. Must... maintain.. .controll!

That's weird. Both the strategy guide and RTB are supposed to be shipping today. A big store like B&N I would think would be one of the first to carry it.

Just called gamestop they are still saying the 19th :/

MTV.com of all places has the full guide right now for 10.29! Free budget shipping if you want it, but standard shipping is like 4$, still one heck of a deal. I had been hunting the net all weekend for a good deal, the cheapest i had found it was 18$. But mtv.com was even cheaper.

I ordered Raising the Bar from EBGames.com with overnight shipping...should be here by tommorow afternoon hopefully :thumbs:

I got my HL2 guide with my gold package on saturday. After seeing three spoilers i didn't want to see, I gave it to my girl to hold onto for a while :)

Back