PS3 Orange Box Delay Clarification

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Valve have today spoken with Eurogamer
about the reason behind the recent announcement of the PS3's orange box release slip.
Valve has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 version of Orange Box will be released a bit later than PC and 360 builds - but said the delay is nothing to do with the console itself.[br]
The reason for the PS3 build's late arrival, marketing director Doug Lombardi told Eurogamer, is simply that the EA UK team handling its development are on the other side of the ocean and are necessarily a bit behind the core Valve team's development.[br]
"We weren't going to hold up PC and 360 for PS3," Lombardi told us, which means the PS3 game will probably be released "around two or three weeks later".
Advertisement[br]
As it stands, PC and 360 versions are due out on 9th October in the US and 12th October in Europe. As well as retail releases, the PC version will appear on Steam. In terms of pricing, PC will likely go for GBP 29.99 while 360 and PS3 versions will cost around GBP 39.99.
You can view the full article here.

Will the Europe release of Orange Box through Steam be activated the same time as US?

Will the Europe release of Orange Box through Steam be activated the same time as US?

Vid from another news post said US/Steam/Eur release dates so I assume the Steam release is world wide.

Yeah, what was that all about? I thought it was firefox blocking some ad, but HL2.net doesn't put ads in the middle of their news articles (and the same showed up in IE [rock on IE tab!])...hehe...

same I have a 360 and PC so I'm spoiled for choice :D

I am really impressed by the amazing BULL that comes from M$ companies or is affiliated with Microsoft and the amazing exuces they come up with when it comes with delays with ps3 or other sony hardware.

And I hope no one in here thinks that this is a coincidence.

I am really impressed by the amazing BULL that comes from M$ companies or is affiliated with Microsoft and the amazing exuces they come up with when it comes with delays with ps3 or other sony hardware.

I'm impressed with the enormous stockpiles of ignorance that PS3 fanboys can tap into.

I mean, you do realize that MS isn't affiliated with Valve at all, right?

I swear they said in previous interviews that they had had trouble with the PS3 hardware...

Advertisement

I am in no way affiliated with Microsoft. Promise :LOL:

Well the Valve founders (Gabe and Mike) were ex-Microsoft employees but that doesn't necessarily mean they are affiliated with Microsoft.

This gave me a good laugh. Do research you imbicile, valve isn't ownd by microsoft, and they never said that it was hardware problem - just that EA was a little behind.
Learn2read.

I'm impressed with the enormous stockpiles of ignorance that PS3 fanboys can tap into.

But Gabe.N comes from Microsoft! but guess u did not know that!...
So don't know what planet u have been living on but guess u have heard all the bad press that has come from Valve regarding ps3. On how bad ps3 was to program.!

I am not a programer myself but have been playing around with c++, but I am a fan of "INIVATION! something that Microsft don't know what is.

I DO NOT OWN A PS3 but edmirer Sony for all their greit vision and products.

GABE WORKED FOR MICROSOFT BEFORE THARFORE HE IS AFFILATED WIF MS LOL

I "edmire" your logical thinking skills.

But Gabe.N comes from Microsoft! but guess u did not know that!...
So don't know what planet u have been living on but guess u have heard all the bad press that has come from Valve regarding ps3. On how bad ps3 was to program.!

So I guess you were under the rock when Gabe took an interview putting down the move by Microsoft to have Vista as DX10 and for them to have Games for Windows?

The only rabid drooling fanboys most of us here can tolerate are those that love Valve or HalfLife...

The PS3 is as far as I have read a tougher machine to port from PC to, it is comparatively easy to port from PC - 360.

Thus the delay :)

Article said:
The reason for the PS3 build's late arrival, marketing director Doug Lombardi told Eurogamer, is simply that the EA UK team handling its development are on the other side of the ocean and are necessarily a bit behind the core Valve team's development.
Absolutely nothing to do with PS3 programming or hardware.

Back