• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
57a4ad8c-b318-4943-9773-560283c0b354_400.jpg
e7b4799c-2001-4f50-b68c-26c6f24a1a4f_400.jpg

fe1a36ea-3c19-4ebf-ace2-50b61975ea84_400.jpg
273f5f6d-661e-465a-8342-3dfa97020b20_400.jpg

9443cc6d-3e6e-4ae3-bdb4-6e44714cfcd1_400.jpg
6fad5f2f-dc87-43ee-be62-c4be2cadcb46_400.jpg

I'm still glad i have the original 60GB which plays PS2 games because i sold my friend from Dubai one because he is practically the father of his household here and he has many little brothers and sisters and cousins and i figured why let the machine collect dust. he played God of War 2 about 3-4 times in a 2 month period.

Plus the price has dropped by $100 so all the people who spend their time complaining about the high price can STFU now and go get one. Phew!!

is not that small compared to the normal one

is not that small compared to the normal one

not that small compared to the normal one?? 33 % is a big deal for most electronics buddy. in fact most slimmer models are only about 10% slimmer. also its lighter and uses less power. its going from 11 pounds down to 7.37 lbs of weight. thats a huge difference!

also my friend says tomorrow is the price drop for the older PS3s probably to make room in most stores for the new ones in 2 weeks time. its going to be a frenzy tomorrow i bet, especially with the back to school crowd getting new tvs for their dorms and shit.

Riiiiidge Racer?

£250 is still too much for me, even if I had money. Step in the right direction of course.

i think its cool that you can go online and watch tv shows for free with the machine. if i were sony i'd rally that as one of the main sellers. you can buy a netbook for about the same price and this machine does about half of what a computer can do

Wow, lets release the same thing again....

Sounds good, too much for a console for me at least. Tho it looks much nicer.

looks like your average sized DVD player if you ask me

i like my ps3 fat. it's shiny and beautiful.

I prefer the big one. The slim version looks shit.

Because people are going to admire your beautiful PS3 as it sits mostly out of view on a shelf under the TV... unless you're weird and like to put your consoles in custom display cases. I have an older 80gb PS3. The glossy surface is a dust and scratch magnet, and by simply picking it up to move it, a few tiny scratches resulted.

So the rumors were true. I'm probably gonna get slim version because it takes less space.

Yes it is:

custom_1250622401823_PS3.jpg

That's the whole point. The slim is a hardware redesign that saves Sony money on production costs and allows them to cut the price on the consumer's end.

That looks like some kind of dvd player mixed with an old sega system.

bring on the heat issues

The slim should produce quite a bit less heat than the original, considering a hardware shrink and the possibility that the power supply may be external now.

I picked up my PS3 less than a year ago and it's already $100 cheaper to get a model with twice the HD space

****ing Sony.

w00t! Time to get mine. It would make a great wedding present from some REALLY AWESOME forum buddies of mine ... just sayin' :E

w00t! Time to get mine. It would make a great wedding present from some REALLY AWESOME forum buddies of mine ... just sayin' :E

You're not going to need video games where you're going, buddy.

Has anything been cut out of it? I may get one now, primarily as a bluray player for my tv instead of watching them on my pc all the time. And they aren't backwards compatible anymore?

It's still not backwards compatible. So I'm not getting one. gg, Sony.

Has anything been cut out of it? I may get one now, primarily as a bluray player for my tv instead of watching them on my pc all the time. And they aren't backwards compatible anymore?

BC hasn't been a feature of PS3 for a while now, though based on a more recent software patent filed by Sony, it may be reintroduced at a later date. The only feature that has been removed from the PS3 slim is the ability to install Linux on it.

Confusingly, all the talk about 'no backwards compatability' isn't strictly true. The PS3 has always and always will play many PS1 games, either from CD or via the Playstation store. To me, that's more important anyway. I wasn't a huge fan of the PS2.

Oh my god it looks like a mechanical sponge. What happened to the stylish PS2 slim?

Oh my god it looks like a mechanical sponge. What happened to the stylish PS2 slim?

am i the only one who doesn't wax my PS3? and the majority of the time you're playing with your friends over PSN anyway. these days most games don't even have split screen co-op. just sayin is all

To be honest, I prefer the fatters design, but then again I'm sorta biased because I own the fat one and bought it as recently as June, for full price..:(:p

I never liked the original design. Always thought it just looked bloated and gimmicky. Much prefer the simple, functional look of this one.

Back