PS3's SIXAXIS Wins an Emmy

Kakashi

Spy
Reaction score
Sony Computer Entertainment America announced today that it has been given top honors by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences as the recipient of a Technology and Engineering Emmy Award for the PlayStation 3's SIXAXIS controller. SCEA will accept this award at a presentation held tonight during the International Consumer Electronics Show 2007 in Las Vegas.

"The overwhelming consumer demand and critical acclaim for PS3 is a testament of the platform's strength and the industry's desire for a true next-generation entertainment system," said Jack Tretton president of SCEA. "The full potential of this powerful machine has yet to be realized -- what you've seen so far is just a taste of what will be on the table for 2007 and years to come."

The SIXAXIS wireless controller features motion-sensing to detect body movements and interpret them into in-game actions. The PS3 will be on display during the International CES tradeshow, January 8-11, in the Sony Electronics Booth.

Courtesy of IGN.

And the Wii gets nothing?

Wow.

Just... wow.

Yes... let's give shit to a console with a new and innovative control mechanism, and award the one that looks the same as it did many years ago.

What's so special about it over the ps2 one that makes it more worthy than the Nintendo Revolution Remote?

bull shit. bunch of bull shit.
this is because sony has a big hand in all of the recording/tv/film industries (though all there latest movies are shit and they put rootkit shit on cd's).
****in bull shit.

And this is where I never buy a Sony-related product ever again.

**** Blu-ray, **** PS3, **** Sony televisions, **** Sony radios, **** Sony headphones, **** Sony games, **** Sony music, **** Sony movies.

**** YOU SONY.

[edit] Yes, that does mean that I'm not seeing Spider-Man 3 in theatres. I don't care how good it ends up being.

Don't underestimate a strong trademark. The Playstation is the gaming industry for many mainstream journalists/people, so I'm not that surprised. They are being idiots as usual. Shows how much value their award got.

....Jesus, Don't you people understand?
Sony is PAYING them to give them an Emmy, so instead of people going, **** PS3! They go, "Hmm.. Wow, maybe I should try it."
Apparently, it's working against them.
But, nintendo is just to cool for this kind of thing, and that makes me love it even more.

CONSPIRICY ANYONE?

wow almost sounds like company pr awarding itself the "Most Outstanding in the field of Excellence" award

..sony didnt buy the emmys did they?

funny that they threw in this:

"The overwhelming consumer demand and critical acclaim .."

sounds like corporate double speak for "we havent met our targets and our critics wont leave us alone but we're expecting big returns in the next quarter"

lol, their cheap Jedi mind tricks do nothing, they do nothing!

since when the emmy's give awards to videogame rlated stuff

and this is pure marketing, magnaged by people that will sacrifice theyr left nut to "reach more target"

lol@Sony

Pat yourselves on the back and tell yourself you're doing a good job, Sony, because Wii60 doesn't actually exist, and people really DO want a PS3 as a games console and Blu-ray Player.

/sarcastic clapping

ilmbillgkeynotetr5.jpg

WHAT ABOUT THE 360 GUYZ?!

Back