Sony didn't win an emmy for the Sixaxis. They lied.

hungryduck

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/09/oops-sony-declares-sixaxis-emmy-emmys-say-uh-uh/

I can't believe this - sony is content to lie right to the faces of their consumers, when they didn't in fact win an emmy for the sixaxis controller. What a bunch of bull-shit. Read the link.

S?amus at Hydrapinion did some legwork and discovered that, while Sony had won an Emmy for Technology and Engineering, it wasn't for the SIXAXIS. Instead, Christine Chin from NATAS confirmed that Sony's Dual Shock as well as Nintendo's D-Pad (NES pad?) won "for the development of the generation of controllers that followed the classic joysticks." Oops! You know what they say happens when you assume ...

So they won for the dual-shock, NOT the sixaxis.

hahaha!
I rejoice!
Thank god the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences werent that stupid/paid off.

God damnit I posted this in original thread D: But yeah, those damn liars D:

Can anyone link to the original claims? I never heard anything about an emmy.

Sick bastards...

Yeah umm... Let's promote our new console, manipulating what was said to make people think it was for our new stuff, when it was in fact for the old stuff. It still looks the same, so we're alright to claim this!

Those fvcking bastards. I really hope the PS3 is the end of them.

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23590

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/4740/

..uhhh what's going on here?

latest update:

UPDATE 2: A follow up message from Christine Chin from NATAS tells us Sony has it all wrong. The award was for the original dual shock controller. Here is her message in full:

I understand you had contacted Cheryl Daly, Director of Communications at NATAS to confirm if Sony won for their PS3 controller. This is incorrect, Sony won for their dual shock analog controller. The award is from the Video Game Technology Group. It was nominated by our internal group and considered along with the Nintendo D-Pad both of which were considered Emmy worthy for the development of the generation of controllers that followed the classic joysticks.

I would like to confirm that Sony did not win for their PS3 controller, they won for their Dual Shock Analog controller.

**** off sony, kthx

And here is where I expand my boycott to include all my friends. :|

I must say that I sure do like that dualshock. And the NES pad as well. Loads of good times with those devices....

HAHA WE WIN AGAIN!!

ilmbillgkeynotetr5.jpg

Seriously anyone who knows about this or who is reading this, boycott. For the sake of integrity :p.

This thread is proof that the internet is full of rational, collected people who definitely have their priorities in order.

Scott likes Sony.

Kinda. I also like Nintendo for that matter too, the N64 is still my favorite console and the SNES isn't far behind.

There's lots of things to bitch about: You can't replace the controller batteries. It costs too much. The online isn't as fleshed out as it could be. There's not many great games out right now. It doesn't have a built-in scaler.

Those are valid points worthy of discussion/criticism. PR blunders are not. For ****s sake you people bitched even more back when you thought the thing really had won an Emmy. It's just silly. It's really silly.

Kinda. I also like Nintendo for that matter too, the N64 is still my favorite console and the SNES isn't far behind.

There's lots of things to bitch about: You can't replace the controller batteries. It costs too much. The online isn't as fleshed out as it could be. There's not many great games out right now. It doesn't have a built-in scaler.

Those are valid points worthy of discussion/criticism. PR blunders are not. For ****s sake you people bitched even more back when you thought the thing really had won an Emmy. It's just silly. It's really silly.
All I'm going to say is, I don't think "lying" counts as a PR blunder.

Shh, don't spoil the bandwagon!

D:

Go go Sony. You're ***ing winning the game.

Apparently Sony were none the wiser:

CVG said:
A minor furore erupted when Sony originally issued a statement saying the honour had been bestowed on Sixaxis, as it subsequently emerged that the statement was incorrect. The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences confirmed it had awarded the Emmy to the Dual Shock.

It appears Sony was initially scratching heads about the nature of the award, too. Speaking to Next-Gen.biz before the company corrected its announcement about the Emmy, SCEA's PR chief Dave Karraker said, "I accepted the award myself and all they said was that the award was for 'technological innovation for device controller' ... but looking back, they never really did say for which one".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=154565

This Sony bashing does seem a little over the top. Not that it's that big a deal.

Back