PS4 controller appears to work natively on Windows

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
So anyone who tried to get a PS3 controller working on Windows probably is aware that the primary solution for it is Chinese adware (though there is at least one alternative now thankfully). According to some guy on Reddit devs at PAX were saying that the controller was picked up natively on Windows via USB. Some other guy showed a video of him messing around with a DS4 in the control panel, showing it picking up the analogue sticks. He says all 13 buttons on the controller show up with the analogue sticks and L2 and R2 showing up as axes. Clicking the touchpad shows up as button 14 but moving it seems to do nothing.

Sony haven't mentioned anything so selling it as a PC product probably is not intended but if it gets picked up natively on PC then hopefully it'll be easier to use on PC than the DS3 was. If someone can get it working via Bluetooth and the touchpad working as a mouse (to get through those annoying launchers that games have, such as Alpha Protocol) then I am going to be a happy man.

Wow what a mind blowing development. I can't believe this

Pretty informative! Although I don't think DS3 tool is that hard to use? I think it's pretty simple.

Back