Punk Rock Nostalgia Topic

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Hmm, as I move on in life, I remember the past, when I was a younger teenager, and used to listen to lots of punk rock bands. I wasn't as into it as my other friends were, what with the piercings, and the mohawks or the clothes. I didn't do any of that stuff, but I loved the music. Used to listen to many bands, and loved every minute of it back then so many years ago.

So, what punk bands do you guys most fondly remember, from back when you listened to the stuff? I can't stand this new stuff nowadays, the so called pop punk. Blink 182, etc. Just not my thing.

Now, for some of my favorite bands from the past.

The Ramones

The Sex Pistols

The Queers(Before they sold out)

Bouncing Souls

NOFX

Screeching Weasel

Bad Religion(didn't listen much to this, just a couple songs)

Rancid

Minor Threat

The Clash

SNFU (I think this is the band name.

These are most of the bands I listened to. And boy are they great memories. :bounce:

Anyone else listen to these bands?

I like em all, I would add the U.S. bombs and the UK subs

Ya I used to listen to my fair share of punk through friends. Mxpx, pennywise, operation ivy, millencolin.. There was some good stuff. I don't really listen to it anymore though.

Oh how I loved OpIvy
Man, I haven't listened to this stuff in so long
(And yeah Raziaar, it's SNFU)
Anti-Flag
Propagandhi
Avail
BigWig
Bracket
AFI
Bad Religion
Belvedere
Catch 22
Dropkick Murphys
Face To Face
Fugazi
Lagwagon
Snuff

Heh, man... listening to alot of Bouncing Souls songs over the past day.

Ballad of Johnny X

True Believers

Kate is Great

Quick Check Girl

East Coast! **** you!

Old School

Born to Lose

Hopeless Romantic

Fight to Live

Break-Up Song

Damn. The Memories! I love bouncing souls.

Punk rock. What the hell is that anyway? I listen to alot of jazz like...

The Germs
The Bags
The Damned
Black Flag
WIRE
The Kids
Flipper
Circle Jerks
Dead Kennedys
The Middle Class
Bad Brains
CRASS
The Replacements
The Buzzcocks
The Stooges
The New York Dolls
The Meatmen
Skrewdriver (A guilty pleasure)
The Ramones
Stiff Little Fingers
The Bags
The Saints
Redd Kross
FYP
Meat Puppets
Minutemen
The Untouchables
Teen Idles
The Weirdos
The Zero Boys

Raziaar said:
Kate is Great
So very good... almost makes me miss my punk days... but then I remember that most of it's not very good... I do still live for NOFX though, one the greatest bands EVER. Mostly because of what they've done with so little marketing

Anti-Flag
Bad Reiligion
AFI
Rancid
Operation Ivy
The Ramones
NOFX
Dropkick Murphy's

DeusExMachinia said:
Anti-Flag
Bad Reiligion
AFI
Rancid
Operation Ivy
The Ramones
NOFX
Dropkick Murphy's

Operation Ivy. That was one I forgot.

Rancid all the way \o/

Nothing else comes close.

I didnt see Talking Heads anywhere here, thats sad. Those guys are punk rock Gods!

Talking heads are amazing
But amazing in a New Wave kind of way. I know some people refer to them as punk, but I wouldn't
And as for Rancid: potentially the most over rated band of all time? No offense if you like them, just my opinion, I think they're pretty terrible though.

Man all I listen to is punk and ska. Glad to know im not the only one that knows what good music is.
Some of my fave bands:
Less than Jake
Reel Big Fish
Instant Winner
Op Ivy
Rancid
The Clash
AFI
Rise Against
Anti-Flag
NOFX
Old MxPx
Tsunami Bomb
Dropkick Murphys
Flogging Molly

You guys should check out Streetlight Manifesto, it has some old members from Catch 22, thier really good.

Not a fan of Streetlight Manifesto, it's pretty much Catch 22 after the first singer left, which is some of their worst stuff, in my opinion, but with acoustic guitars

true punk to me is Iggy Pop, Lou reed (to a very small extent during the early 70's) Ramones, dead kennedys, black flag (henry rollins solo as well). Even though 80's ska isnt punk some of the bands of that era were closer to punk then most punk artists are today: The Selecter, the Specials and to some extent English Beat brought a mix of punk to jamaican ska

CptStern said:
true punk to me is Iggy Pop, Lou reed (to a very small extent during the early 70's) Ramones, dead kennedys, black flag (henry rollins solo as well). Even though 80's ska isnt punk some of the bands of that era were closer to punk then most punk artists are today: The Selecter, the Specials and to some extent English Beat brought a mix of punk to jamaican ska

Ska. I hate that word. Always have ever since I first heard it. Not sure why.

heheh what about "rock-steady beat"? ..same thing :E

IonizeMyAtoms said:
Not a fan of Streetlight Manifesto, it's pretty much Catch 22 after the first singer left, which is some of their worst stuff, in my opinion, but with acoustic guitars
I like em both, but I figure if you like Catch22 youll like Streetlight.

Damnit. I can't believe I forgot to add Conflict to that list of bands.

Bah. Conflict!

Back