Pyro Update has arrived!

You know, it's a good time to get medic achievements now, in fact. Everybody's burning.

You know, it's a good time to get medic achievements now, in fact. Everybody's burning.

I was thinking about posting this, but yeah.

Honestly, I wish I hadn't unbalanced my medic stats. It would be so, so easy to get the achievements now.

I hope the OMGWTFBBQ doesn't get fixed, it's hilarious.

Nope. Will be there for life! ^,^

Having it only on the flare gun might be benefitial...

Valve, just finish ALL the updates and release ALL of them at the same time! That way you don't completely **** up the gameplay every time an update comes out!

Wouldn't make a difference. There'd be one class with the best updates and everyone would be playing it.

Also, there are classes like Pyros which needed the update, so saving it until later would just have been wasting time.

Plus, it's going to take so long to finish them all, we'd be waiting for another HL2.

Finally, They wouldn't be able to do a tester like the medic. Fancy all achievements being like his?

Does about 15 damage to a pyro, if you just let it burn it'll do something like 80 damage.

Assuming there's no medic packs around!

Yes, damnit, concentrate the pain into a shorter timeframe! Burn damage is great but it happens too slowly!

Yeah, i'm just gonna stop playing for maybe a little bit. I can't play properly with 10 pyros flaming me. I'll give it a day or two.

I think people are overreacting just a bit with the "oh noes, everybody's playing pyro now ! My game's ruined !.

First of all, of course everyone is playing pyro, no matter how tragically un-hip you think actually enjoying new features is. And yes, in a perfect world, people would patiently wait their turn to play that pyro role in a perfectly balanced team. Too bad it's the internet, and the servers now have a substantial amount of people lured into the Free weekend by a pyro update.

Instead, when facing a team full of pyro's, show them. These are great times for Snipers, Heavies and Medics. To some extent - and I say this with great care - even spies. When the whole team looks the same, what's the best disguise ? That's right. Joining a group of pyro's while they are running to the frontlines, picking the last one out, knifing him and cloak. And repeat. Oh, the satisfaction.

Pyro-spam wasn't as bad today as yesturday I found.

With the update increasing the Pyro's effectiveness I wouldn't be suprised if 1-3 per team became the norm (as opposed to usually having no Pyro's).

God, this sucks so much. One day before the pyro update, dad bans me from the computer for all the summer.

Atleast I'm staying with my grandma, and she, luckly, has a very, very good computer (twice as good as mine! :eek:)

I'll be back burning soon, I just hope I can get the weapons fast!

I should stop playing TF2.

I played last night for 7 hours straight.

Damnit Toaster!

God, this sucks so much. One day before the pyro update, dad bans me from the computer for all the summer.

Atleast I'm staying with my grandma, and she, luckly, has a very, very good computer (twice as good as mine! :eek:)

I'll be back burning soon, I just hope I can get the weapons fast!

Pretty extreme punishment. I have sorrow for you. What did you do? Interweb hacking? Cause otherwise, what does the PC have to do with anything?

Whoa what did you do that warranted a 2 month long ban?

Psht, 2 months is nothing :|. It sounds like it couldn't have come at a worse time, though! Urgh the days of not living away from home :dozey:

Has anyone noticed that now it is very easy to shoot the flamethrower through doors/walls/floors?

I've seen it on goldrush a lot of times. Also, if you shoot the flamethrower towards the ceiling you can set on fire the people on the second floor. Like that it is very easy to take out sentries too, just shoot till you see sparks and that means you're hitting the building...

I hope they fix it soon...

Everybody is moaning that the Pyro is overpowered on the Steam Forums. I don't understand why though. I still find them ridiculously easy to kill. :\

I must say that the airblast doesn't really seem to justify keeping the original gun. I mean really, health AND mostly crits.

Btw psycho, your sig, though awesome, has question marks instead of apostraphes.

The airblast is quite easy to get into but hard to master. Is there some kind of way you can "control" missiles, for an example, to go into a direction you want or is it just random?
Anyway, I find it quite fun to use in fact especially against Soldiers.

Rockets will fly off where your reticle is pointed, flares you have to aim up a bit because they'll keep arching.

Everybody is moaning that the Pyro is overpowered on the Steam Forums. I don't understand why though. I still find them ridiculously easy to kill. :\

Its because your running into bad pyros. I often reach the top of the board as pyro. With the backburner I can sneak into the enemies base a crit fire the entire team. The way I play pyro though you'll won't see me coming and if you do I usually retreat. I'm very sneaky and due to the backburner, pyro is overthrowing spy as my favorite class. Since its pretty much like a backstab instant kill.

My job as a pyro was fine as was. It was enjoyable, and I never did badly. It'd be pretty easy now, if not everyone played it! Also if there was actually a computer I could play it on...

I find myself switching between the flamethrower and backburner, depending on the situation.

So if you're a good player, than the pyro is good to play. I don't see anything wrong of overpowered about that.

I find myself switching between the flamethrower and backburner, depending on the situation.
Same, although I usually prefer the Backburner due to the extra health and how well it fits into my flanking playstyle.

Valve did a very good job with all three weapons actually, they all have compelling strengths and weaknesses.

The three weapons all work best together really. You should either have the original 3 or the new 3 for best results.

Same, although I usually prefer the Backburner due to the extra health and how well it fits into my flanking playstyle.

Psht, I don't notice the extra health really. It might help, but usually if I'm going to die, I'm going to die, and it's rarely a matter of "wishing I had an extra 50 health". Coming up against a soldier is usually fatal, particularly on more open maps, and 50 health just lets you get off another shotgun blast or two, but nowhere near enough to kill him.

As for flanking, as I said, the backburner doesn't always work, like attacking on the first level of Goldrush, particularly the second part. Sure, you might come across moments where it's useful, but the compressed air is far more useful.

I don't think the Pyro is overpowered now. Before the update, I played mostly on badlands and did lots of ambushing and whatnot. The only difference now is that I don't have to be breathing down the enemies neck to get a full flame and I manage to kill about two more people due to +50 hp and back crits. The people saying this are just whiny.

Psht, overpowered schmoverpowered. He's fine, but he might get nerfed slightly. I do think he's a playable class now. Shame, because I enjoyed hogging him all to myself.

The backburner is ridiculous. It kills pretty much any class in 1-2 seconds and requires very little skill to use - just hold down the button and squirt away for easy kills. The air blast on the standard weapon is awesome, tho - and far more involved and interesting. You can seperate medics from heavies/pyros, clear stickies off points, disorientate your victims (you can also play scout badmington between two pyros :)), and it takes a good deal of skill to use well.

I'm hoping the backburner gets banned from competitive play as it's far too powerful and easy a tool.

Just got barbequeq, and it was a dude named DoodleBug. How cool is that.

Finally got Milestone 2 and the Backburner which I've wanted to try since the beginning. So far I'm not so sure I'm gonna keep it - I'm gonna take more time with it however, but I really love the airblast with the original flamethrower. If Valve didn't add the airblast I would've used the Backburner instead... but now? Don't know.

Uh, yeah. That's probably WHY they added it in the first place.

I finally got a chance to play the Pyro today now that the hype has died down and I must say that the airblast is awesome. It adds a whole new dimension to the Pyro and I love it! What could be more satisfying then killing a soldier with his own crit rocket?

Sweet revenge? I think so.

I haven't had the opportunity to kill a soldier with his own rocket yet (only hurt them). Damnit I want that achievement.

I use the shotgun, axtinguisher and switch between flamethrower and backburner.

I killed 3 soldiers with their own rockets, but none was a crocket.
Tried the scary looking flamethrower, cool and I love the extra 50hp, but the air blast still pawns it.

Back