RACE Free Weekend On Steam

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
RACE - The Official WTCC Game will be available for free trial via Steam from Thursday 18th January till Sunday afternoon. However you can pre-load the game right now. The Swedish developers, SimBin have promised fun to be had and added a few words of what to expect.
"Novices can get into the game and be racing immediately. And, with several game modes, the game remains challenging for expert drivers as well. RACE has been very well received by the media and we are excited to offer this extended test drive through Steam's upcoming free weekend."
Race will now be offered at just $29.95 (just over 15 pounds) but for the week after the Steam free trial starts, with a 10% discount. Now for some game information
With over 60 different and accurately modeled cars and 10 officially licensed tracks from four continents, RACE offers all the drivers, cars, and locations featured in the WTCC championship season, while offering support for both single and multiplayer games (up to 24 players).
Sounds well worth trying, especially the 24 player online racing. For further information visit: www.race-game.org and www.steamgames.com.

Glenn...remind me to pre-load this later!

:D

WTCC? World Trade Center Card Game?

O.O

My Mohammed Atta beats your defenseless stewardress, hand over your 767's.

Going to try this out, I'd never buy something like this without a demo, but it has potential...

Steams turning into a cheap B-title game vending machine...

-dodo

well it is suppose to be for more indy developers. its like the independent film channel. 90% of whats on it sucks, but periodically you'll find a gem

obviously people are buying these out of nowhere games, or else they would be upping the quality. either way, its a pc game that looks worse then a 360 game. :(

-dodo

Its always had a lot of 'cheap B-titles.' I don't think it's turning into anything. It's just growing and getting more and more games, some pretty good ones too.

I've played the demo and I'd say RACE is a pretty good racing simulator, not quite as fun as GT Legends or GTR2 though. Definitely worth a try if you're into driving games.

Crap! I donwloaded the game late last night with the hopes of playing through it today only to find out that the Free Weekend had expired. They advertised it as available from January 18th through January 21st, which I thought ment it was available until midnight Sunday. I hate it when things close earlier than I expected...

Anyway, did anyone else besides Naudian give this a try? Is the game any good?

I played it for twenty minutes. I found it incredibly boring.

It tricked me as well. It said something about damage in the options. So I drive going the opposite way I'm supposed to and smash head-on with another car. Expecting awesome crunching, parts flying off, and screeching tires, all I got was some lame physics and no damage model.

-dodo
Shockingly, Valve are attempting to make money with Steam. They will probably take any game they can and put it on it. Gabe Newell doesn't have to give a game 10/10 before it goes on Steam. Steam is going to become like a normal shop, with all sorts of games; the good, the bad and the down-right aweful.

Back