Radeon 9800 overheating?

B

Brett

Alright i plan on getting a ait radeon 9800. I am kind of afraid to spend that much money. First, I am afraid it might overheat . Second, I think it will fit but im not sure. My PC is pretty new its a P4 2.4ghz
512ram

So my question is, whoever has a 9800 tell me if you have any heating problems and if you are using a lot of fans? Also how many watts your PSU is?

Why would it overheat? I have a Sapphire Ati Radeon 9700 and it never gets that relly hot. I don't think u should wory about that. I've never heard of people having heat problems with a Radeon.

I'v had a 9800 pro for a couple of weeks now and I overclocked it a bit. No overheating problems!!! Best card I ever had.

I would get one but i dont havr $400 =(

Yeah, I love mine. Stock cooling and overclocked! 420 core! NO ARTIFACTS! Good investment.

im getting a athlong xp 2600+ 1024 ddr, and a 9800 pro. im getting a case that supports a bunch of fans. ill have 2 in the back, 1 side panal case fan, and an internal cpu fan.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
im getting a athlong xp 2600+ 1024 ddr, and a 9800 pro. im getting a case that supports a bunch of fans. ill have 2 in the back, 1 side panal case fan, and an internal cpu fan.

just get 512 and spend the extra money on a better cpu you'll notice the difference alot more than extra 512

Fisheh your just using 200watts? I thought it needs a lot more than that. Cause mine is 250w and i was planning on buying a new one witht he card. I might still buy one though.

Originally posted by Brett
Fisheh your just using 200watts? I thought it needs a lot more than that. Cause mine is 250w and i was planning on buying a new one witht he card. I might still buy one though.
PSUs are a matter of quality, not quantity. Buy a high quality one, look at the amps it can provide (look what your system needs). I know of one 340W that couldnt power my 9700 Pro... But the 360W I have can, it had like 50% more tolerance on the powerlines over the 340W version :)

yus the shuttle PSU are very high quality can beat most 300W amp wise

Can you please tell me of some high quality PSUs cause i dont know much about them. I'd really appreciate it.

just get it and make your mom proud. as for high quality PSU i think there are a few to pick from. Turbo Link 420 is suppose to be good, made by channel well. Any of the thermaltake ones with do fine and an antec psu should suit you aswell.

I think the Antec PSUs have hight quality, alteast what i've heard.

Yes antec and vantec are really nice PSU and give you good quailty for your buck. Most of the supplys are very similar from what I've read. I would suggest getting something around 400+ range. 350's are pretty standard and are fairly priced. But i did see an Vantec for around $60. PLus the 9800's do run a little hotter than the 9700's.
Another thing that might help would be a Vantec "nexus". Its got 3 temps probs that can be placed almost anywhere. GL

Yeah I hope Antec has nice power supplies, because I am getting one when I build a new computer.

My 9800pro makes my computer case boiling...lets just say that this card gets reeealy hot, if you touch it with a hand ,man it burns, i think it makes more heat than my processor:borg:

you run your 9800 in a oven :O

they should run about the same temp as a 4600 if its burning your doing something wrong

the fx runs hotter, can just tell by the size of the heat sink, if it has a heat issue

Alright this is my last question about PSUs, I dont really know where to hook up all the power cords when i buy a PSU so does it come with a manual that will tell me or will i have to get someone to put it in for me.

all you have 2 do is plug the right shaped cord into the right shaped socket easy :)

Back