Ravenholm is scary

First time i played trough ravenholm i was like wtf then i saw the traps and i was like glaring lol i like burning, crushing and cutting zombies and it wasnt that scary

Ravenholm was particularly enjoyable for me. I loved it. Terrifc atmosphere. Good shake-up from the ardous and terribly over-long 'Water Hazard'. Though I can't say much the same for the Fast Zombies, which I believe are uninspired and just plain annoying. Pretty creepy, but annoying as hell!

Why, why do people post in these old as hell threads?

RavenHolm was not Scary in my Opinion.Double Barrel Shotgun and Courage.Thats all you need.:sniper:

No one played Resident Evil ever?

Those games were scarier because of the damn camera angles. No idea if you were going to walk into a bunch of zombies who'd eat you.

And dying was worse too. Because they actually showed them eating your corpse.

Like in Resident Evil 2.
I'm Ten and it is not Scary.Tense maybe but not scary.It was Pretty Gory Though!!!

You had to stay on your toes but only time I found it scary was playing it late at night, alone, with headphones but I think that's what made it more fun.

Ravenholm is definitly the scariest part of half-life 2, i swear to god the part where those fast zombies jumped over the rooftops made me throw my controller at the television and say the F word like a hundred times

My main sensation was humor at seeing zombies being cut in half and burnt, although godmode certainly took away much of the adrenaline...

I've gotta admit it was pretty dang scary at the time. I mean I was 14 years old when the game came out. Since then i've been bombarding myself with horror games and movies so nowadays it takes a bit more to make me throw my controller/keyboard at the screen and yell F*** for an hour or so.

Well, Ravenholm for me was average. That's the least fun part of Half-Life 2 for me. I didn't get scared, nor did I get an adrenaline rush. But hey, I played DooM 3 first, so I guess you can tell why I didn't get scared :cool:.

I played through it for the first time, I didn't find it particularly scary, expecially the lackluster graveyard, but I personally found the parts when you get ambushed by Poison Headcraps SCARY AS HELL. The screen going white and 3 blips were enough to make me flip out.

Why, why do people post in these old as hell threads?

Its not old for me. I just got here. I´m just trying to stay out of the "When is ep3 coming?" and "Who is the g-man?" threads.

Ravenholm wasn´t so scary; having a grenade tossed at me in City 17, trying to back away from it, and having four idiot NPC´s yelling "Follow Freeman" blocking my way was scary.

The dark elevator sequence and trying to get passed the Antlion Guard gets my vote for scariest scene.

Help! I got to Ravenholm, but the psychological pressure is too much. The zombies and the overall ambiance totally freak me out, and I'm too scared to continue, or even turn the next corner! I need to get to the next level, so how should I get through this?

If your'e scared by a game laced with the "zombie" concept, then you really should just barricade yourself in some desolate room in some crumbling hovel and wait for your miserable life to end.

But yes, Ravenholm did make me jump a few times, and the first time I saw a Poison zombie I had a mad convulsion to hide behind the sofa.

If your'e scared by a game laced with the "zombie" concept, then you really should just barricade yourself in some desolate room in some crumbling hovel and wait for your miserable life to end.
Yeah you tell that guy, I'm sure he visits his 2.5 year old thread every day waiting for some idiot to respond.

It was a little creepy. Just listen to music while you play.

I liked ravenholm, but the sudden rooftop zombies freaked me out a bit.
Also, i love father grigori.
CRAZY PRIESTS WITH SHOTGUNS FTW

well i gotta say though
this is what makes games so good
the fact that it seems so realistic in terms of graphics and sound
i use earphones wile playing and the sound is so cool!

i love these type of games
i fear nothing!

I liked ravenholm, but the sudden rooftop zombies freaked me out a bit.
Also, i love father grigori.
CRAZY PRIESTS WITH SHOTGUNS FTW

Ravenholm freaked me out the first time I played through it too. But I like the thrill of being scared, so it was my favourite part of the game :)

I jumped so many times when I didn't see zombies, then turned around and there was one right in my face.

Ravenholm freaked me out the first time I played through it too. But I like the thrill of being scared, so it was my favourite part of the game :)

I jumped so many times when I didn't see zombies, then turned around and there was one right in my face.

Yeah, i found it awesome to cut those zombies in half with the blades!
Also, the zombies were okay if you know they were here, but the problem is: THEY ALWAYS APPEAR UNEXPECTED.

I thought the very beginning of Half-Life 2 was the scariest part. I don't know why, perhaps it was the whole concept of man being controlled by the Combine..... :borg: Resistance is futile.

It sure does make you think about the world differently.

Try making it a creative experience! Use buzz saw blades, petrol cans, oil drums, a flaming oil drum...or lead them to a big ass fire and watch them yell YABBA MY ICING!!!!!!! While they get no icing at all. I don't think Yabba is very nice considering he takes poor zombie's icings away, especially when they're burning! But I'll admit Ravenholm is pretty freaky, I think Valve got carried away and wanted to show off they're new model for the zombies and headcrabs. Batteries not included! WARNING: headcrab may try to err.. "couple" with your head! I always thought it would be cool to play a game with a zombie apocolypse, Fallout 3 wasn't exactly such a success with that, although fun. Half-Life 2 really showed what it would be like, the thing that really freaked me out was the fast zombies and the poison zombies, considering that they launch dark headcrabs at your...head...but I did enjoy chopping them in half! (The standard zombies.)

valve did make it scary and fun.ya turn a corner,fire a round at nothing and it just so happens you think some sleeping zombies are dead and they wake up and BOOM HEADHUMPED and/or killed by the zombie!that actually happened one time.

right now im playing with god and notarget on but based on everyones opinion i think imight turn them off

Ravenholme wasn't too scary, it was richly atmospheric and chilling, yes; but I think Valve played down the horror potential it really had.

It could have been far more claustrophobic, visually more disturbing, and more emotionally powerful. That said, Half Life was never really about being directly scary. As a whole the series has gone for a rather a more subtle, always present, feeling of tension and looming danger. If they had made it as dark as it could have been, it might have felt out of place.

To me the only really frightening parts of Half Life games are the parts involving Icthyosaurs. I can't even play those sections, I just no-clip through the level :p Although the same applies to pretty much any water-based videogame enemies. They are all terrifying.

All right, then. It is time to face my fears of these human-manipulative four-legged demon-spiders on steroids. (DUN DUN DUNNNNNN)

I always thought it would be cool to play a game with a zombie apocalypse)

Do you mean an apocalypse of a zomb-tacular disposition in the middle of the game? You could argue that Halo has that, but otherwise L4D has your back.

Fast zombies were really the only creatures that were able to catch me off guard in Ravenholm. Standard and poison zombies are a joke, really.

I think some people are kidding themselves if the won't admit that during the first time the fast zombies come bounding over rooftops, they thought "holy shit..."

damn when I first saw the fast zombie b****s I was like "daaaaamn wtf is that" , it was creapy when they climbed on the pipes and I wasn't sure what to expect , but they were the only ones who can actually hurt u cus poison and regular zombies were easy to kill , they were just sooo SLOW .... overall , great atmosphere in Ravenholm . One of my favourite creepy locations in creepy games .

PS: agree it's not that scary , unless you are a little girl :cat:

PSII: talking bout creepy games I recall Condemned:Criminal Origins ....... this game had my adrenaline pumping once or twice ...

Listen to some music that would make you in the mood to beat the crap out of someting then play it...works.

I hated Ravenholm...Start the chapter again to get DOG's ball them you will be fine, it acts as a one hit kill, sheild, and a decoy that acracts zombies to it not you

It`s not scary for me anymore i faced my Fears and went to ravenholm i was not scared anymore it was cool

Back